FIU wins 23-10

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Reality check.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

Another confusing thing, dontrell Hilliard 12 carries for 90 yards. That makes no sense to me.
JerseyWave
Riptide

36 yards passing is utterly pathetic! Banks 5 for 16. 1 int, 3 sacks.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

WF’s worst loss at Tulane. You’re now looking at 3 straight likely losses with USF and Memphis coming up.
Tulane Class of 1981
oliveandblue
Surge

TXWave88 wrote:How many pass plays we got? All streaks and deep outs? Serious question because that is all I have seen. And why do we try to make Banks a pocket passer? He is the exact opposite of that. Coaches, you arent as good as your historical record is against lower level college football.
He's a decent runner - but Bradwell is a better one. He's not any kind of a passer as he's erratic and cannot read a defense.

There are receivers sitting there wide open and getting no service.
GreenLantern
Riptide

It's tough being green.

Also, I feel a little violated for having paid $7 for the lousy video stream. Added insult to injury.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Are we shaving points again?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We are not a good football team, and really played uninspired tonight in Miami. What a bad performance. Was more fun when I turned sound off and streamed a Radiators show from the UC Quad in 1984.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
oliveandblue
Surge

HoustonWave wrote:Are we shaving points again?
That's a little harsh, but I see where you are coming from. We looked more dangerous against OU.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:It's tough being green.

Also, I feel a little violated for having paid $7 for the lousy video stream. Added insult to injury.
No doubt. We got robbed on both.
Big embarrassment for our conference losing to CUSA.
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

The good news is that I won’t waste my time next Saturday. Tonight is why I never bet on Tulane.
MicMan
Swell

Not ready for their closeup.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Pathetic, same ole Tulane.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:The good news is that I won’t waste my time next Saturday. Tonight is why I never bet on Tulane.
Was planning on a drive up to Memphis but now I’ll stay home and hit a Halloween party.
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

It kind of shows the difference when you play against a professional coach. Davis knew how to take away Banks as a runner and force him to throw. We can probably expect to see a lot more of this. While I agree it's Fritz's worse loss at Tulane, you can't beat anyone when your QB goes 5 of 16 for 36 yds. That's just an unbelievable stat.
Wave755
Tsunami

The last time we played in Miami was on November 5, 1977 when under Larry Smith we beat the Hurricanes 13 to 10. And then 40 years later, we somehow managed to lose to FIU 23 to 10? And yes, I feared Butch Davis might have a very good game plan for us, and he did.

But really, Banks was pathetic tonight.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote:It kind of shows the difference when you play against a professional coach. Davis knew how to take away Banks as a runner and force him to throw. We can probably expect to see a lot more of this. While I agree it's Fritz's worse loss at Tulane, you can't beat anyone when your QB goes 5 of 16 for 36 yds. That's just an unbelievable stat.
We have no balance. Good teams will stop the run and dare us to pass.
Tulane Class of 1981
Dave breslin
Swell

Well, we are back to being Turdlane. Seems appropriate if we end up in the toilet bowl
TURVS71
Swell

We were outcoached, outmanned, outplayed Period. You will NEVER build a fan base with this kind of stink! How embarrassing to lose in this manner to a school that has been playing major college football for only 15 years. Too much tooting of the horn this week. Too much reading our press clippings. We now look very foolish and have probably, I should say likely, lost any momentum we had. I lay this on Willie Fritz for not preparing his team and avoiding a let down. Good programs don't do this. Tonight, we took the Delorean and went back in time to the CJ years. I am truly disappointed in this coaching staff at this point in time. This was a PATHETIC display of how to get a team ready. The fans deserve better.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
anEngineer
Riptide

Dave breslin wrote:Well, we are back to being Turdlane. Seems appropriate if we end up in the toilet bowl
You need to post the same childish insult 2 or 3 more times.
Wave755
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote:While I agree it's Fritz's worse loss at Tulane, you can't beat anyone when your QB goes 5 of 16 for 36 yds. That's just an unbelievable stat.
While it is true Davis had a great game plan against us, Banks missed a whole lot of wide open receivers tonight. It is also true no one respects us, FIU included; it was their homecoming and since they were playing us FIU thought they could win, and they did. And, the Vegas money took FIU and the points. So, this team still has a lot to prove to its fans and college football.
Wave755
Tsunami

Dave breslin wrote:Well, we are back to being Turdlane. Seems appropriate if we end up in the toilet bowl
Dave, you really should delete the above post.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote:We were outcoached, outmanned, outplayed Period. You will NEVER build a fan base with this kind of stink! How embarrassing to lose in this manner to a school that has been playing major college football for only 15 years. Too much tooting of the horn this week. Too much reading our press clippings. We now look very foolish and have probably, I should say likely, lost any momentum we had. I lay this on Willie Fritz for not preparing his team and avoiding a let down. Good programs don't do this. Tonight, we took the Delorean and went back in time to the CJ years. I am truly disappointed in this coaching staff at this point in time. This was a PATHETIC display of how to get a team ready. The fans deserve better.
Yep. WF quote:
Fritz: FIU did a great job. They out coached and outplayed us. We had a tough time completing passes. They had a little bit of a different scheme. Very disappointing. Thought we had a good week of practice. Did a poor job of tackling. Missed far too many tackles. In order for us to be successful we have to be on point and we weren't. We'll get back after it on Monday and move on.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave QB
Swell

The flopping continues after an exciting win. I felt shades of CJ and FAU all week.
Wave755
Tsunami

Under the best case scenario this game is like 1979 when a Larry Smith/Dr. Roch Hontas team somehow lost to Rice at Houston for what would prove to be the only game Rice would win for that season.

Or, will this be like a Toledo loss to Army that will begin a "season meltdown"?

Let's hope we are very competitive against USF next Saturday.