Jonathan Banks

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

Just watched some highlight video of Terrance Jones...does anyone else feel that Banks has some of his abilities? Seems like there is "some"'similarity to me. Not saying he is Jones equal but a lot of his on filed actions look similar.

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Yes. Actually said that at the game. Similar skill set.
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/860683/57f ... 71b4a59123
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
galvezwave
Swell

Terrance was born 20 years too early. I'm not taking anything from banks, but I think jones was better overall. to be fair , banks doesn't have anything remotely close to Marc Zeno, the best we ever had.
RobertM320
Green Wave

If Banks continues to play well and we can go to a bowl this year and next, its going to also make it that much easier to recruit to the QB position. The next Lindsey Scott may choose not to pass up the chance to play immediately.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
OUG
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:If Banks continues to play well and we can go to a bowl this year and next, its going to also make it that much easier to recruit to the QB position. The next Lindsey Scott may choose not to pass up the chance to play immediately.
That’s a really good point
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No doubt he resembles Jones. He's taller and is a better thrower in that he has some touch that TJ didn't. I have enjoyed Banks' runs lately yet thinking back on TJ he was more athletic. Fun comparison.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

Hey, reign it in guys. I saw Terrence Jones play, I knew Terrence Jones, and Jonathan ain't Terrence Jones. Maybe with continued development could become Terrence lite. Terrence had a gun and was a really tough runner.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Jaxwave wrote:Hey, reign it in guys. I saw Terrence Jones play, I knew Terrence Jones, and Jonathan ain't Terrence Jones. Maybe with continued development could become Terrence lite. Terrence had a gun and was a really tough runner.
I think people forget that Terrence played RB some of his freshman year as well, because he was too good to keep off the field.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
sader24
Tsunami

TJ was far more athletic, much stronger arm. I understand the comparison but Jones was a lot better and played some very tough schedules with no defense.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Banks and King are more similar IMO.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

Jones attracted Heisman interest prior to his senior season.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Banks and King are more similar IMO.
TPS, I agree...Terrance would have had this team at 4-1...with 9 wins a real possibility...TJ had a better arm and threw much better on the run, much quicker feet and more elusive than Banks....that said, TJ had much better WR's than the players on the roster now...everyone remembers Zeno, but McIntosh a converted QB was very solid and the RB's caught the ball well also
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TURVS71
Swell

I realize that TJ was a better QB...I do see some similarities in style and being able to move the ball and carry the team on his shoulders at times.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
JerseyWave
Riptide

Terrence Jones was the most athletic player I’ve seen in a Tulane football uniform and I only saw him play when Greg Davis was the Head Coach.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:Terrence Jones was the most athletic player I’ve seen in a Tulane football uniform and I only saw him play when Greg Davis was the Head Coach.
the last Mack Brown game in the Dome against LSU was classic Jones and Zeno...I thought Tulane had it won on an interception very late, but the ball pop out when the Tulane player hit the ground...LSU scored a few plays later
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
dz1
Ripple

While TJ was not the most accurate passer, at least he put the ball where the receiver had a chance to make a play. Banks throws way too many balls that are simply not catchable. TJ was also better at scrambling and finding open receivers on busted plays.
Show Me
Tsunami

dz1 wrote:While TJ was not the most accurate passer, at least he put the ball where the receiver had a chance to make a play. Banks throws way too many balls that are simply not catchable. TJ was also better at scrambling and finding open receivers on busted plays.
He has no touch. Can throw it deep but struggles with the easy short pass.