Line Moves to Tulane 13.5 pts. > FIU – The Spread Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

Spread Opens Wave 9.5 pts. > FIU (Rotation nos. 145-146 for Vegas Sheet).

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/

FIU (3-2, 2-1 CUSA) “body of work” to date:

1) 8/31 – UCF 61, FIU 17;
2) 9/8- FIU 17, ALCORN St. 10;
3) 9/23 – FIU 13, Rice 7;
4) 9/30 – FIU 30, UNC-Charlotte 20;
5) 10/7 – Middle Tenn. 37 , FIU 17.

4-2 after Saturday will look so damn good. This Wave team may be much better than 6 wins.

Roll Wave Roll !!!
Last edited by Wave755 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RobertM320
Green Wave

The line wasn't pick it. You posted before they actually posted. Tulane started as a 10 point favorite at 4:25PM eastern. Line went to -11.5, now at -9.5.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote:The line wasn't pick it. You posted before they actually posted. Tulane started as a 10 point favorite at 4:25PM eastern. Line went to -11.5, now at -9.5.
Nice to see Vegas is giving the Wave some respect. Stations still has it PK, but Betonline now has the game Wave > 10.5 pts. Let's see where the line truly shakes out by tomorrow. The Grambling line went nuts for a few days. Looks to me like Vegas is still in the process of getting accustomed to the NEW WAVE of Willie Fritz.
Last edited by Wave755 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RobertM320
Green Wave

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

Not sure where you're getting that info from. Sagarin has us as a 65.16 power rating. FIU is 48.03. Factor in the 1.97 home field and we should be a 15 point favorite.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

Not sure where you're getting that info from. Sagarin has us as a 65.16 power rating. FIU is 48.03. Factor in the 1.97 home field and we should be a 15 point favorite.
My bad, I mistook FAU for FIU! :oops: And, for Sagarin home field is worth 3 pts.
RobertM320
Green Wave

During the season you have to pull the home field advantage factor from the actual chart. The 3 is just an example. Right now HFA is worth 1.97.
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote:During the season you have to pull the home field advantage factor from the actual chart. The 3 is just an example. Right now HFA is worth 1.97.
I'll check, and now I'm wondering if Vegas also initially mistook FAU for FIU? PK would be a good spread if we were playing FAU?
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wave755 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:During the season you have to pull the home field advantage factor from the actual chart. The 3 is just an example. Right now HFA is worth 1.97.
I'll check, and now I'm wondering if Vegas also initially mistook FAU for FIU? PK would be a good spread if we were playing FAU?
That would make sense, because Sagarin has us at 65.16 and FAU at 63.68. Add the 1.97 gives them 63.65. Less than half a point, so pick em.
Wave755
Tsunami

Spread now Wave 11.5 pts. > FIU. When is the last time the Wave was 11.5 pts. over anyone on the road? Vegas has taken notice of the WF era at Tulane.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Poor ECU. They opened a 29 point underdog to UCF. Its up to 33 already.
lurker123
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Poor ECU. They opened a 29 point underdog to UCF. Its up to 33 already.
UCF looked awesome against UC as we did against Tulsa. If both teams continue their awesomeness maybe we will be on UCF's schedule this year, hurricanes and all. ;)
Wave755
Tsunami

Spread moves to 13.5 pts., Vegas takes notice of the NEW WAVE !!!
RobertM320
Green Wave

O/U 47.5. I think definitely over, barring any weather issues.

From Weather Underground website wunderground.com:

Watching for possible development east of the Bahamas later this week
The same frontal zone that gave birth to Ophelia extends to the area north of the Leeward Islands, where a weak upper low is spawning scattered convection. There are model indications that a tropical cyclone could form in this area and move west-northwest toward the Bahamas later this week. A few ensemble members from both the GFS and Euro models develop this system into a tropical depression or tropical storm by midweek. This disturbance is not yet highlighted in NHC’s Tropical Weather Outlook, but we give it a 20% chance of development into at least a depression by Friday. Large-scale steering will bring the system toward Florida by the weekend. Even if it does not fully develop, this disturbance could dump several inches of rain on parts of Florida. The next name on the list of Atlantic storms is Philippe.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sounds like the game should be moved here. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

I'll give in to the back patting for a moment with this question:

When was the last time that Tulane was 5 games into the season and only had losses to top 25 ap teams?
Wave755
Tsunami

Aberzombie1892 wrote:I'll give in to the back patting for a moment with this question:

When was the last time that Tulane was 5 games into the season and only had losses to top 25 ap teams?
And, we should have beat Navy. And, if we played Navy again tomorrow would beat Navy. How's that for some back patting! :D
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wave755 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:I'll give in to the back patting for a moment with this question:

And, we should have beat Navy. And, if we played Navy again tomorrow would beat Navy. How's that for some back patting! :D
I do agree. If Banks had been healthy and able to play the entire Navy game, and play vs OU, we'd have beat Navy and made a much more respectable showing vs OU. And if we want to really dream big, at 4-1 we MIGHT have even shown up in the "receiving votes" category. That's what you call "double" back patting!
RobertM320
Green Wave

General public does not have faith that we've turned the corner. Point spread is currently -13, and 69% of the money is being bet on FIU.

Also, if I were a betting man, I'd be all over Houston -13 against Tulsa. What I saw from Tulsa last week was bad, very very bad.
Dave breslin
Swell

Just WIN!!!!
Wave755
Tsunami

Dave breslin wrote:Just WIN!!!!
ESPN has us at an 87.6% probability to win.
Let's hope the "bean counters" have this one right.
Show Me
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

I do agree. If Banks had been healthy and able to play the entire Navy game, and play vs OU, we'd have beat Navy and made a much more respectable showing vs OU. And if we want to really dream big, at 4-1 we MIGHT have even shown up in the "receiving votes" category. That's what you call "double" back patting!
I completely disagree. Banks did poorly against Navy. Once he left the game our offense immediately scored and got back on track. Our defense lost that one.
RobertM320
Green Wave

He played poorly the first two quarters against Army as well. Its not always an indicator of what the entire game will be. And with Brantley, we basically gave away any chance to pass.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dave breslin wrote:Just WIN!!!!
This. And WIN BIG!!!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

Show Me wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

I completely disagree. Banks did poorly against Navy. Once he left the game our offense immediately scored and got back on track. Our defense lost that one.
Our defense was fine that game. Apparently you weren't following. Special teams were the biggest reason we lost.
Show Me
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

Our defense was fine that game. Apparently you weren't following. Special teams were the biggest reason we lost.
A lot of big plays given up by the defense
phpBB [video]