FIU Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is at 6 and at the least there will be an internet option to watch it. They are 3-2 with wins over Alcorn State,Rice and Charlotte. We will be favored and we should win this one on the road to put us at 4-2 at the midway point.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Early projection based on Sagarin power ratings says we'll be favored by about two touchdowns.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenLantern
Riptide

Anyone making the trip?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:Anyone making the trip?
This is one of the few D1 Universities that I don't even know their nickname! Heck, I know a lot of FCS schools, too, but Florida International University? I was going to guess the Rattlers. But I looked it up: FIU Golden Panthers.

No, I won't be going!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

I haven't made a prediction yet, but if we don't win this game big, I'll be surprised. They're 3-2, with wins over FCS Alcorn State, Rice (1-5) and Charlotte (0-5), by a combined total of 14 points. The one team they've played that's better than us, UCF, they lost 61-17. Last week they lost to MTSU by 3 TDs. I don't see any way we don't beat them by a similar margin.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave QB
Swell

Alcorn could have beaten FIU. For the first time in years, I am confident in picking us to win big and improve to 4-2. If we pull this off, USF could really be in for a trap game in Yulman.
DrBox
Riptide

Pound them.
Houma de Wave
Swell

FIU is coached by Butch Davis. They’ve had 4 coaches in their 16-year history of the program...Don Strock, the former Miami Dolphin QB, Mario Cristobal and Ron Turner. Not much success. Davis, of course, is the former Miami and North Carolina head coach.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell

Loser -- FIU: What's so bad about FIU's 37-17 loss to Middle Tennessee that's worth pointing out, you might ask? You see, the Golden Panthers gave up three touchdowns on the ground to Middle Tennessee rusher Tavares Thomas out of a Wildcat goal line package. The thing is, Thomas is a linebacker with just one rushing attempt before Saturday. That's not great.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... -of-texas/
RobertM320
Green Wave

Ruski wrote:
Loser -- FIU: What's so bad about FIU's 37-17 loss to Middle Tennessee that's worth pointing out, you might ask? You see, the Golden Panthers gave up three touchdowns on the ground to Middle Tennessee rusher Tavares Thomas out of a Wildcat goal line package. The thing is, Thomas is a linebacker with just one rushing attempt before Saturday. That's not great.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... -of-texas/
Ouch. Bodes well for our run game. Have they played anyone all year with a decent running attack? I guess UCF maybe.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Just checked their games. UCF passed all over them. Over 400 yards. Only 3+ ypc. But Charlotte ran 49 times for 349 yards, a 7.1 YPC average. And MTSU just had 5.2 YPC but only ran 34 times for 176 yards.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

As Al Davis use to say, “just win baby”. Happy Monday, and a Roll Damn Wave!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

POUND the Ball !!!! .... DEFEAT their "will to win"......
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Ruski
Swell

Off topic but if we both win this week USF game will be primetime on ESPN2, otherwise ESPNU
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ok, having read a little bit about FIU, I now say this is a game that if we've truly turned the corner and are about to ride the Fritz Wave, this is another game that should be a blowout. We should be able to move the ball at will and our D should limit them to less than 20. I'll make my prediction, but if it's not a blowout win, it doesn't bode well. FIU should be a game where we get ahead big and cruise to a nice road win. Most important is to get out with a W and healthy.

USF is not going to overlook us since it's a road game in conference. It would be nice to go into that game with momentum of two blowout wins.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote:Off topic but if we both win this week USF game will be primetime on ESPN2, otherwise ESPNU
It will be 6 on ESPN2 or at 6:30 on ESPNU:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/10 ... ckoff.aspx

Keep winning baby
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

This game doesn’t look like it’s available on TV
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It will be available on-line as I noted in the OP. CUSA-tv. You can go to FIU's site to get it.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:It will be available on-line as I noted in the OP. CUSA-tv. You can go to FIU's site to get it.
Hoping CST may pick it up though. They have TBA so far in that time slot.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:It will be available on-line as I noted in the OP. CUSA-tv. You can go to FIU's site to get it.
Would be nice if local media would start showing an interest in Tulane.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Yes. I remember CJ’s 2013 bowl run CST started picking up a bunch of our games.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Yes. I remember CJ’s 2013 bowl run CST started picking up a bunch of our games.
I hear ya and I hope tv picks it up. I think the name of their on-line service, cusa-tv, might be misleading. It appears to just be their version of all-access. I don't think it will be on TV anywhere. If it is on TV elsewhere I'm sure CSTwill pick it up. Heck we have even had WHNO pick a game up in the last few years.
Eaglewave
Swell

Fritz won't lose to FIU. Get ready for another beatdown. It's ok guys, don't expect the air to be popped out of our balloons like 2013 when we headed to FAU. Just relax, and get ready to hear about another win.
Ball Sumrall!
Ruski
Swell

Finnally getting some love from Nola.com
Somewhere between Tulane's eighth and ninth touchdowns Saturday, the thought occurred to me: Is Tulane the best college football team in the state of Louisiana?
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... iver_index