FIU Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Ruski
Swell

Also on Dunc & Holder show yesterday, "If you're a RB recruit in LA why would you want to go anywhere other than Tulane?"

DUHHHHHHH

But they did spend almost 15 minutes talking Tulane yesterday, I'll give em some more support going forward.

GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Ruski wrote:Also on Dunc & Holder show yesterday, "If you're a RB recruit in LA why would you want to go anywhere other than Tulane?"

DUHHHHHHH

But they did spend almost 15 minutes talking Tulane yesterday, I'll give em some more support going forward.
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... r_home_pop

"momentum is with Tulane".... yes, yes it is. With another win and us sitting at 4-2 you better believe it.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

This is the point in previous seasons where we've taken the nose dive and completely tanked. I'm liking what I see and am starting to get excited about Fritz. Please don't let me down this week.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
galvezwave
Swell

I'm feeling a little 97-ish.
Ruski
Swell

Currently ESPN FPI says there is a 13% chance of Tulane>USF and Ole Miss>lsu in 2 weeks... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote:Also on Dunc & Holder show yesterday, "If you're a RB recruit in LA why would you want to go anywhere other than Tulane?"

DUHHHHHHH

Well, to play on national TV, against some of the best competition in the country would be one reason to go to another school (and NOT necessarily LSU). Rushing for 1500 yards in the SEC or B1G would get you more attention that rushing for 2000 yards at Tulane (assuming you were a good enough recruit to get 20-25 carries/game).

I know that we've put a number of RB's into the NFL. But as a recruit I would ask (and I don't know the answer) how many RB's and other players coached by Willie Fritz for at least two years made it to the NFL? He's had teams lead the nation in rushing and other teams he's coached have been close to the top. Has that translated into NFL jobs? Hopefully Hilliard will get drafted and stick.

Your point of the local media paying attention is great to hear. We have to start locally before the rest of the country catches on. Hopefully, with a big win this coming weekend, Dannen spends some marketing dollars and gets a good home field advantage type crowd into Yulman. It can be a very loud stadium IF WE FILL IT!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

Matt Breida of Georgia Southern for one. He's with the 49ers now. That's the only FBS school he's coached at before Tulane. Its possible but not likely that someone ended up in the NFL from Sam Houston, or Central Missouri.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

He also coached TE Delanie Walker at Central Missouri.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hilliard will get drafted and he will stick. He excels in all area's. I remember the first practice I saw him at I told everyone around me before it was over that he was the whole package and was going to be fun to watch. Let it continue.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Eaglewave
Swell

Ruski wrote:Finnally getting some love from Nola.com
Somewhere between Tulane's eighth and ninth touchdowns Saturday, the thought occurred to me: Is Tulane the best college football team in the state of Louisiana?
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... iver_index
Very nice read. This might really fire up our players and coaches. 6+ wins is achievable . People might think I am crazy, but I think USF is in a trap game vs us at home. This could be the win that puts us back on the map. Charlie Strong is good coach who I respect, but his team takes a while to warm up at USF. If we come out l looking for a fight like we did vs Oklahoma, I think we will have a good chance at shocking them.
Ball Sumrall!
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:It will be available on-line as I noted in the OP. CUSA-tv. You can go to FIU's site to get it.
Hoping CST may pick it up though. They have TBA so far in that time slot.
Bruno’s having a stream watch party. But I heard the stream has no audio and only one fixed camera angle. I hope they can sync the Graff radio audio broadcast to the video stream using the radio App.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote:It will be available on-line as I noted in the OP. CUSA-tv. You can go to FIU's site to get it.
What does that mean? Is it free? Does CUSA have a roku/appl TV channel. Should Tulane update their fanbase so they know how to watch their team win?
RobertM320
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote:
What does that mean? Is it free? Does CUSA have a roku/appl TV channel. Should Tulane update their fanbase so they know how to watch their team win?
No, its not free, unless you go to Bruno's. Its CUSA-TV, and you can pay $6.95 for a 24 hour access.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

What time is this game being played? I thought I read that it was 6 PM CST. The kickoff countdown on the right would indicate a noon start.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's at 6 central.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
No, its not free, unless you go to Bruno's. Its CUSA-TV, and you can pay $6.95 for a 24 hour access.
There you have your answer. I agree that Tulane should be putting this out there so the fan base knows about the option.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hard knocks:

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 45b10.html

So glad he is finally healthy. We have to hope he stays that way. He is really good and fun to watch.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:What time is this game being played? I thought I read that it was 6 PM CST. The kickoff countdown on the right would indicate a noon start.
Sorry about that... I just realized I haven't updated many of the game start times. I defaulted the games whose time had not been announced to NOON. Will take care of that tomorrow.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
RobertM320
Green Wave

All white unis for Saturday
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 7827600384
galvezwave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:All white unis for Saturday
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 7827600384
Looks great.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote:
DfromCT wrote:What time is this game being played? I thought I read that it was 6 PM CST. The kickoff countdown on the right would indicate a noon start.
Sorry about that... I just realized I haven't updated many of the game start times. I defaulted the games whose time had not been announced to NOON. Will take care of that tomorrow.
Thanks, Steve.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave
Top of the WAVE