COACH WF BUZZ

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Good job by the Athletics Dept and President Fitts to have the 200th victory celebration ready to go. Scroll through those pictures both forward and back. Fritz is clearly loved by the players, and that's not easy for a guy in his mid-late 50's working with kids 17-23 years old.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aegis
High Tide

Fritz reminds me of Lou Holtz. Gets his players to by into the system/process and to believe in themselves. It's obvious there is a strong sense of unit integrity in the locker room.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They had great video of him player surfing after the Army win. He talked about his long tradition of that and a victory song he's had for his teams for all of his HC career on his TV show last week.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

In several of these pictures is a jubilant President Fitts. Unlike his storied predecessor, he doesn't dye his hair green and he doesn't make the celebratory moments all about him. He's quietly going about the business of making Tulane better on all fronts.
ccap05
Surge

DaveBrownStreak wrote:Our fans amaze me. We are ONLY 3-2, wins are against Granbling and 2 other so so teams. Why would anyone begin this stupid conversation? It's early October, the man is going to be 58...who says he wants to keep staring over? He is not a world beater yet. Our improvement is relative to our "stink" of the past years. Stop this stupid conversation...
I was the one that started "this stupid conversation". If you read my original post you will see that I was simply pointing out that some National Press are starting to discuss WF moving on to a P5 team. I will point out that if you believe the conversation is stupid then you can always simply avoid joining the conversation.
wave97
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:
In several of these pictures is a jubilant President Fitts. Unlike his storied predecessor, he doesn't dye his hair green and he doesn't make the celebratory moments all about him. He's quietly going about the business of making Tulane better on all fronts.
++++INFINITY!
Scott Cowen was a self-aggrandizing lump of sh*t. Fitts isn't the wordsmith that the Toad was, he's just a great administrator & leader.
The name "Cowen Circle" is a travesty that must be remedied.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

DaveBrownStreak wrote:Our fans amaze me. We are ONLY 3-2, wins are against Granbling and 2 other so so teams. Why would anyone begin this stupid conversation? It's early October, the man is going to be 58...who says he wants to keep staring over? He is not a world beater yet. Our improvement is relative to our "stink" of the past years. Stop this stupid conversation...
Could not have said it better myself!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:
++++INFINITY!
Scott Cowen was a self-aggrandizing lump of sh*t. Fitts isn't the wordsmith that the Toad was, he's just a great administrator & leader.
If I ever make it back to campus, I will have an adjustable wrench and make sure that sign is torn down !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
wave97 wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:
++++INFINITY!
If I ever make it back to campus, I will have an adjustable wrench and make sure that sign is torn down !!!!
Or you could just add the word Jerk.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

OUG wrote: We don’t “run the option.” We run 5-6 option-pitch type plays a game. Everything else we do is based on Inside Zone Read principles. And there are a ton of P5 offenses from current and recent history that are built on that (Oregon, Auburn, Louisville, Etc). In fact, I would say that most college football teams are built around some variation of the Inside Zone Read. Even teams that you may think are running a “spread offense” are often just running these same concepts from a different formation with different window dressing.
Watch THE GAME. The first offensive play of the game, Banks 51 yards to the 1, was the option. 4 or 5 of the next ten plays were option plays. We don't run the veer, and we don't pitch to the outside on 40% of the plays ala a true option such as GaTech or the Service Academies run, but we run an option with many plays going up the gut, typical dive plays had our QB been under center. Or Banks pulls it out and we run a nice little screen play to the TE. Yes, we throw downfield as well (and Fritz now has a QB that can pass as often as he'd like)but we run an option. It's all designed to create mismatches, especially forcing the opponent to respect the dive plays and testing the edge.

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3192828
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Aegis wrote:Fritz reminds me of Lou Holtz. Gets his players to by into the system/process and to believe in themselves. It's obvious there is a strong sense of unit integrity in the locker room.
A big difference between Fritz and Holtz is that you can actually understand what Fritz is saying :mrgreen:
JerseyWave
Riptide

No football program with aspirations of reaching the Top 25 will hire this guy. He is not a P5 Coach! He's a good fit for Tulane and we should relax about him being hired away.