Tulane destroys the Hurricane- 62-28

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's a big one . Let's kick some ass.

ROLL WAVE ROLL !
Last edited by winwave on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Just finished watching the local 7:00 update. It looks like the weather should work out for the game. The rain should start around 1PM. If both teams stick to their very strong running tendencies the game should be over or very close to it by then. Winds will likely be around 10-15 MPH during the game.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I'm leaving early for the game (to beat the crowd). I would guess the 'crowd' will consist of me, TPS, winwave, ShowMe, and GreenPuddleSplash.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:I'm leaving early for the game (to beat the crowd). I would guess the 'crowd' will consist of me, TPS, winwave, ShowMe, and GreenPuddleSplash.
I will be there in "Spirit"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TURVS71
Swell

Now THIS, is how football was meant to be played !!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
RobertM320
Green Wave

TURVS71 wrote:Now THIS, is how football was meant to be played !!
Old time 60's football. 3 yards and a puddle of mud. Or, 51 yards and a first down at the two.

Great run by Banks. 7-0 Tulane early.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
OUG
Riptide

Tulsa’s Defense has a late Bob Toledo-era feel to it. Could be a big day for our offense.
ccap05
Surge

Awesome start to a game. Roll Wave.
sader24
Tsunami

This is impressive
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Either this is a really bad Tulsa team or we have turned a corner! 21-0 Tulane
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

21-0....there just seems to be an "Attitiude" associated with this team, something that has been missing for many years...it may be "Belief" but I really think Fritz now has everyone's attention and they trust him and the Staff..and let's face it..after playing Oklahoma, everyone else is a dramatic step down in competition..now lets score about 45 more !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
OUG
Riptide

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:Either this is a really bad Tulsa team or we have turned a corner! 21-0 Tulane
Little of both I think. Mostly I think Tulsa didn’t show up ready to play. Looks like they’re quitting.

But that said, this is what this offense CAN look like all the time when we get the right personnel.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

stupid penalty on the kick off and then a total miscommunication on the TD pass
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:stupid penalty on the kick off and then a total miscommunication on the TD pass
The TD will go against Nickerson, but its really Quinlan Carroll's fault. Parry saw the man in motion and had to go with him, and signalled to Carroll to pick up the WR, and he didn't. Left Nickerson on an island with two people to cover.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Houma de Wave
Swell

Tulsa loved to run it up on us. It’s time to return the favor. Don’t stop the onslaught!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

what is going on...5 PAT's in a row !!!!!...I have the game on my laptop...the announcers are very complimentary regarding Tulane and Fritz...even they have noted a different Attitude...like they expect to win
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Houma de Wave wrote:Tulsa loved to run it up on us. It’s time to return the favor. Don’t stop the onslaught!
for some reason I think Fritz remembers last year's game !!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote:Tulsa loved to run it up on us. It’s time to return the favor. Don’t stop the onslaught!
YES. This is fun. Their coach gathered them after it was 21-0 and then changed QB's and promptly scored. We answered with a long TD drive and then recovered their fumble and scored again. That's the way to let them know who is in charge.

ROLL DAMN WAVE !!!
galvezwave
Swell

Exactly . Tulsa has never had a problem dropping 60+ . Make em reap it
Houma de Wave
Swell

galvezwave wrote:
Exactly . Tulsa has never had a problem dropping 60+ . Make em reap it
You score big you also get noticed a lot more.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

looks like another personal foul on the Kick Off....this krap can't happen
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

for an all world AAC secondary..they are playing like shit !!!
galvezwave
Swell

We're gonna run clock the rest of the way, but the play book definitely expanded early in the game. Really nice plays with the TE. It's coming together
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:looks like another personal foul on the Kick Off....this krap can't happen
You know Fritz isn't going to be happy about that. The one thing we can't afford to do is get sloppy. We're not that good.
Houma de Wave
Swell

By the way, my son is getting married today...on Game Day...Only home game I’ll miss. I told him never to do this again...getting married, that is. 42-7. Life is good!!