Tulsa Game Thread - Kickoff moved to 10AM

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
uptownprof
Ripple

Dear Tulane Community:

The latest forecast from our weather monitoring service indicates that Tropical Storm Nate has tracked westward with an expected landfall near the Mississippi/Alabama border. Nate should make landfall between midnight Saturday and early Sunday morning as a tropical storm or weak Category 1 hurricane. As a result we are preparing the campus for gusty winds and moderate to heavy rainfall. Although this storm is not expected to be as dangerous as recent hurricanes Irma, Harvey or Maria, we are closely monitoring it and will provide twice daily updates beginning today. We expect no evacuations as a result of this storm, but do expect some closures of campus buildings, and cancellation of events and some services over the weekend.

As a precautionary measure against possible power outages our student residence halls will be switched to co-generated power Saturday afternoon. This will necessitate cutting off power to our academic buildings on the uptown campus for about three hours Saturday afternoon. In light of this, we urge staff and faculty to empty refrigerators of any food before departing for the weekend and to take any other necessary precautions in the event of power failure. Kickoff time for Tulane's football game against Tulsa has been moved to 11 a.m. Saturday and all scheduled admission office visits from prospective students and parents have been cancelled for Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is forecast to bring the possibility of rains, which we are quite accustomed to here in New Orleans, while the storm's main impact of higher than normal wind and rainfall will be late Saturday and Sunday. Future updates will include information on additional closings and cancellations. We expect to return to normal operations and classes on Monday.

posse
High Tide

With game moved to 11AM, does anyone know if it will still be televised on ESPNU ?
RobertM320
Green Wave

posse wrote:With game moved to 11AM, does anyone know if it will still be televised on ESPNU ?
My guess is probably not, because I'm sure there's already a game for that time slot. I'm thinking it will be moved to ESPN3.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

AAC just said it will be on ESPN3.

BTW, this could be merged with the Tulsa game thread.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The AAC just put out that the game will be on ESPN3.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Storm news and more:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... d72b9.html

It's a real shame for the HOF inductees. It will be a really tiny crowd for this one unless they change their predictions for this storm. Looks like it hits here and as a possible cat 2.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote:Storm news and more:

It's a real shame for the HOF inductees. It will be a really tiny crowd for this one unless they change their predictions for this storm. Looks like it hits here and as a possible cat 2.
We should reschedule the HOF inductions to a later game this season. And, understandably the attendance will be very small for this game.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It used to be done at the HC game. That usually brings a decent crowd out no matter the opponent or how the season is going. It should go back to that format.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We'll be wearing green helmets, green jersey's, white pants and green shoes:
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 0443262976
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:
winwave wrote:Storm news and more:

We should reschedule the HOF inductions to a later game this season. And, understandably the attendance will be very small for this game.
That may work, if all of the inductees lived in metro NOLA...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Good new regarding the storm is that the track is just a bit east of NOLA, and virtually all the heavy weather is to the east. Its a lopsided storm.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote:We'll be wearing green helmets, green jersey's, white pants and green shoes:

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 0443262976
Not sure I like the "lizard look," and this shade of green has never in my lifetime been associated with our program. But, if we win all is forgiven.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'd prefer the white helmets with the green jersey. Like many I'd like to see the shade of green on the helmets changed.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320
Green Wave

Nice to see this in the Tulsa version of Matchups.... They give Tulane the edge in Coaching and Special teams. When was the last time we saw that?

Tulane has above-average coverage on special teams, ranking among the top 35 teams in kick-return and punt-return defense.

Edge: Tulane
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Hearing 10am Kickoff very likely now.
Storm moving much quicker.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
aus10dixon
Ripple

The tropical storm-force effects keeps moving further and further up. It may have been better to move this one to Monday if possible. It makes a short week, but it is what it is. In the "earliest reasonable" scenario below, a 10:00 a.m. start won't even work—Yulman would be seeing tropical storm conditions by halftime.

GreenLantern
Riptide

Game officially moved to 10am
Tulane Athletics has announced that Saturday's football game against Tulsa has been moved to 10 a.m., due to the impending impact of Tropical Storm Nate. The ticket office at the James W. Wilson Jr. Center will open at 7 a.m. and the gates at Yulman Stadium will open at 9 a.m.

ESPN3 is still set to provide live coverage of the game. Tailgating areas will not be open before or after the game.
http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/10 ... 10-am.aspx
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's a shame they didn't reach out to the Dome.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:It's a shame they didn't reach out to the Dome.
The early start is also about getting Tulsa and fans attending home safely.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
I'll be there with my poncho! Hopefully it's not too ugly.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
Well the storm didn't hit Cancun like they thought. It is getting stronger quicker and moving very fast. So much so they have moved their projections up for it to be affecting this area by 6 hours. The good news is it has shifted a bit more east. Hopefully it stays that way overnight. Just hope we get it in. If it stays on that easterly course I think we will.
sader24
Tsunami

Any suggestions on where I can park tomorrow without getting towed? If I go I'm gonna have to drive and can't go through another towing nightmare. I've been ubering since the last time.