Tulsa Game Thread - Kickoff moved to 10AM

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
chain gang x man
Swell

winwave wrote:The game is now set at 3 on ESPNU:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/9/ ... espnu.aspx
Pray for a cool front
lurker123
Swell

chain gang x man wrote:

Pray for a cool front
Long range forecast is partly cloudy and high of 85. Game is four hours later. So by definition it will be cooler during the game but not much. Both teams play ball control offense. Maybe we can pray for rain too?

If nothing else, offense has to help defense this game by keeping them off the field. As Guerry Smith noted, Tulane did not have a snap inside the Army 40 until about 3 minutes were left in the game during the final drive.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pray or Humidity...dem boy's from Tulsa ain't use to Humidity...I have been to Tulsa over 50 times and each time my visit was a minimum of three days...never noticed the humidity.... go to Lubbock...they do not even give a humidity report during the weather forecast
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:

Pray for a cool front
Praying for your health and well being. Good luck.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man
Swell

winwave wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:

Pray for a cool front
Praying for your health and well being. Good luck.
Thanks
Keep the Gatorade coming girls :D :D
RobertM320
Green Wave

Its going to be really important to get this win vs. Tulsa. We can't just assume we're going to beat ECU or anyone else. ECU is only down to USF 31-24 at half.

Its a shame we don't have UConn and Temple on the schedule this season.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No one here has ever assumed we are going to win any game. People have just pointed out games that they fell are winnable. Tulsa is a winnable game this year as their D has been horrid. Though it appears that for some reason they do defend teams that use the triple option well.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Its going to be really important to get this win vs. Tulsa. We can't just assume we're going to beat ECU or anyone else. ECU is only down to USF 31-24 at half.

Its a shame we don't have UConn and Temple on the schedule this season.
Final 61-31 ECU crushed.
Pretty safe to assume we can beat ECU.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

IF we can score points.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote:IF we can score points.
Yeah ECU seems to slowly be getting better. It's not "good" by any stretch, but it's not as bad as it was earlier this season.
oliveandblue
Surge

ECU doesn't stop the run. Tulane can milk the clock and defend with the offense + timely turnovers. We stayed in the game against a 3-2 Army team and 4-0 Navy team with this formula.

Win or lose, we also have a coach. We are not used to this as a program.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

oliveandblue wrote:
ECU doesn't stop the run. Tulane can milk the clock and defend with the offense + timely turnovers. We stayed in the game against a 3-2 Army team and 4-0 Navy team with this formula.

Win or lose, we also have a coach. We are not used to this as a program.
Agree on both counts. But we're still offensively challenged, despite being much improved over a year ago. Keep in mind Army was playing more 2nd stringers than 1st string defenders. Who knows, though, by that point in the season we should be better, especially since "we have a coach!"
winwave
Top of the WAVE

sader24
Tsunami

Regardless of what was said after the Army game, this is the turn the program around 2 game season. If we have turned a corner for real we will knock Tulsa and FIU and be 4-2. That's what it's going to take to get to a bowl game.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Tulsa's loss to New Mexico last week does not look as bad now since New Mexico beat Air Force this week.

It will certainly be an interesting game.
DrBox
Riptide

We'll be Tulsa's third option or optionish team in a row they see, so yards may not come that easily.
Still, they are no good. They, and the 2 after that, need to be Ws.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

oliveandblue
Surge

I have no idea how good Tulane is.

We smoked a SWAC team. We got smoked by a CFP team that would demolish 80% of the AAC. We played two service academies tight, splitting those games. Our defense hasn't seen a normal fricking game yet LOL.

Despite being 33% done the season, I could not even harbor a guess to a final win total. Everything between 3-9 and 9-3 would make sense.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

oliveandblue wrote:I have no idea how good Tulane is.

We smoked a SWAC team. We got smoked by a CFP team that would demolish 80% of the AAC. We played two service academies tight, splitting those games. Our defense hasn't seen a normal fricking game yet LOL.

Despite being 33% done the season, I could not even harbor a guess to a final win total. Everything between 3-9 and 9-3 would make sense.
I can understand your feelings. At the same time, I know we have very solid D, an offense that is improved, but struggles to score against quality opponents, and shaky s/t's. We could go 1-7 or 7-1 from here. It all depends on the offense putting it all together half way through Fritz's 2nd year. If we can score 28 pts in AAC games, owning the time of possession, we can win at least 4 remaining games. Getting on a roll and winning 7-9 games is not out of the question. But not making the 6 wins we need to play in a bowl game is still possible as well.

Ok, I agree!

Roll Wave!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
MicMan
Swell

Given the number of camps and exposure, it boggles the mind that Tulane can't find D1 quality kickers and punters. BOGGLES.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

MicMan wrote:Given the number of camps and exposure, it boggles the mind that Tulane can't find D1 quality kickers and punters. BOGGLES.
I am surprised there is not an exchange student on campus...where have you gone Uwe Pontius ?