ESPN's Bowl projections

golfnut69
Tsunami

ESPN week 4 Bowl projections

Postby golfnut69 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:49 pm

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

dpm wave
Surge

Re: ESPN week 4 Bowl projections

Postby dpm wave » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:03 pm

I'd drive down to O'town for a bowl. Would prefer a better opponent.

Now, make it to the Gasparilla Bowl vs USM and I'm setting up shop for 2 days of tailgatin'.

RobertM320
Tsunami

Postby RobertM320 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:28 pm

dpm wave wrote:I'd drive down to O'town for a bowl. Would prefer a better opponent.

Now, make it to the Gasparilla Bowl vs USM and I'm setting up shop for 2 days of tailgatin'.

The truth is, there are no better opponents to be had. Barring an NY6 berth, the AAC is screwed. The only bowls with decent name competition are the Birmingham Bowl or the Hawaii Bowl. We've been squeezed out of the Heart of Dallas Bowl, and even the Liberty Bowl. The B'ham Bowl is pretty much the only one where you even have a chance of a P5 opponent, and since AAC is best of the G5's by far, that leaves us playing CUSA, SBC, MAC and MWC in bowls. Really sucks.

"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

winwave
Wild Pelican

Postby winwave » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:45 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
dpm wave wrote:I'd drive down to O'town for a bowl. Would prefer a better opponent.

The truth is, there are no better opponents to be had. Barring an NY6 berth, the AAC is screwed. The only bowls with decent name competition are the Birmingham Bowl or the Hawaii Bowl. We've been squeezed out of the Heart of Dallas Bowl, and even the Liberty Bowl. The B'ham Bowl is pretty much the only one where you even have a chance of a P5 opponent, and since AAC is best of the G5's by far, that leaves us playing CUSA, SBC, MAC and MWC in bowls. Really sucks.

That has been the most disappointing thing about the AAC . Hopefully Aresco can work his magic and get us back affiliated w/the Liberty Bowl for our champ if they aren't in the NY6 game.

It's the facilities stupid!

golfnut69
Tsunami

ESPN's Bowl projections

Postby golfnut69 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:55 am

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

RobertM320
Tsunami

Re: ESPN's week 6 "Top 25" and Bowl projections

Postby RobertM320 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:25 pm

Do these guys even pay attention? One of them has Tulsa going to a bowl game. Really? 1-5? I don't see it.

"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:29 pm

instead of another thread...CFN's week 6 AAC Team rankings

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/10/ ... -midseason

RobertM320
Tsunami

Postby RobertM320 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:34 pm

golfnut69 wrote:instead of another thread...CFN's week 6 AAC Team rankings

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/10/ ... -midseason

Looks like AAC should send 7 teams bowling, maybe 8 if Temple picks things up. I don't see UConn, Cin, ECU or Tulsa going anywhere.

golfnut69
Tsunami

ESPN Week 8 Bowl Projections

Postby golfnut69 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:59 pm

MOD's please merge if necessary....thanks

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... tions-2017