Tulane 21 - Army 17

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Ruski
Swell

Does anyone else think Banks looks scared running today?

greenie78
Riptide

Two drops my Encalde almost cost the game before Banks get the first down
greenie78
Riptide

Ruski wrote:Does anyone else think Banks looks scared running today?
Probably protecting those ribs.
greenie78
Riptide

Wow McClain?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote:Wow McClain?
I think Brantley hurt his shoulder again the last time he got sacked @OU.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Coming down to the wire!
Ruski
Swell

Banks really stepping up to the plate this drive!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Ruski wrote:Banks really stepping up to the plate this drive!
He needs to finish this drive!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote:Army is running at will on us. Fullback 90% of the time. 4-5 yards a pop. Time of possession so far is staggering:

Army 35:57
Tulane 15:33
That can't be. We know their offense better than they do. :roll:
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell

I can't remember a crunch time drive like this under Fritz, come onnnn! Finish!
Wave755
Tsunami

Don't want OT, we need a TD.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Banks you’re our only hope!
Ruski
Swell

Banks stepping up and lookin like a man!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Banks closed that drive out!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Whew!
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave scores TD with 23 seconds to go!
Wave755
Tsunami

:2thumbs: :fastclap: Wave wins 21 to 17!!!
greenie78
Riptide

What a drive by Banks!!!! Huge to win the game!!!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Our boys fought tooth and nail today. Banks earned so much credit in my book especially after taking such a hard hit on that 4th down scramble. Great win, roll damn wave!
Wave755
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote:What a drive by Banks!!!! Huge to win the game!!!
Banks was great and clutch when we really needed it!! And the defense, on the field all day, hung tough and kept Army under 20 points.
OUG
Riptide

That was not pretty but it never is against Army, especially when they're good. They are a very tough team to play when they get ahead on time of possession and wear you down. It's a war of attrition at that point. They're gonna get their 8 minute drives, you just need to limit the damage. Still, we closed the game with a lot of guts and toughness and showed what we can do when we open the offense up and let Banks be Banks.

I get why we ran a lot of inside zone in the first half -- 1) it was working; and 2) we were being conservative with Banks in terms of not putting him in position to get clocked out wide on the option. The problem today was that by the third quarter it was way too vanilla, and when we were only getting 2-3 yards on it on first down, we got behind the sticks. Then the offense got out of rhythem. Donnie Lewis made an incredible play in the end zone and the Banks did what he had to do with the game on the line time and time again.

This Army team, were it in AAC East, would definitely win 8-9 this year. They would be havoc for a lot of teams in our conference and may be approaching how tough Navy is (not there yet because they can't pass). They aren't world beaters but not your father's Army team either.

So, we have a very well-timed bye week to get healthy and then two winnable games. If we beat Tulsa and FIU we are 4-2 at the midway point. If we split, bowl hopes are still alive. Let's go out and beat Tulsa.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Just got back from the game. First and foremost, the heat was BRUTAL. NCAA has all kinds of rules to protect players, well one of them should be no daytime games at Yulman in September. I don't give a crap what the networks say.

I think OUG pretty much summed it up. Banks was still hurting coming in, and he got really clocked on that 4th down play early in the last drive. I was actually surprised to see him back in the game after only one play. Tells you how much the guy wants to win, and you know that will make the rest of the offense want to play that much harder. He took a few extra shots on that drive and hung in there. On some of his scrambles no receiver was getting open, but you can see how he's able to extend plays.

Great interception by Donnie Lewis at the end of the third quarter to stop on Army drive. And a gutsy call by Fritz on 4th and 1 at the 6 with 40 seconds left to not go for the tying FG.

The bye comes at the right time for us. Lets get healthy and prepare for Tulsa, who just lost at home to New Mexico, 16-13. What happened to their explosive offense?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Just got back from the game. First and foremost, the heat was BRUTAL. NCAA has all kinds of rules to protect players, well one of them should be no daytime games at Yulman in September. I don't give a crap what the networks say.

I think OUG pretty much summed it up. Banks was still hurting coming in, and he got really clocked on that 4th down play early in the last drive. I was actually surprised to see him back in the game after only one play. Tells you how much the guy wants to win, and you know that will make the rest of the offense want to play that much harder. He took a few extra shots on that drive and hung in there. On some of his scrambles no receiver was getting open, but you can see how he's able to extend plays. The bye comes at the right time for us. Lets get healthy and prepare for Tulsa, who just lost at home to New Mexico, 16-13. What happened to their explosive offense?
It should be a sin to host a Day game at Yulman in August/September. It was unbearably hot.