For Sale...new weight room facility for Tulane

golfnut69
Tsunami

For Sale...new weight room facility for Tulane

Postby golfnut69 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:11 pm

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

Show Me
Riptide

Re: For Sale...new weight room facility for Tulane

Postby Show Me » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:37 pm

golfnut69 wrote:84 Audubon Blvd is on the market

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... BdvmAmdE1w

Wrong side of Audubon unfortunately. Doesn't back up to Tulane.

DaveBrownStreak
Low Tide

Postby DaveBrownStreak » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:48 pm

After what I am reading about Oklahoma facilities, you would have to purchase all the land from Washington Ave. to Leonidas St. and the river to Claiborne to even begin to compete...dream on!!

austxwave
Low Tide

Postby austxwave » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:08 pm

I considered it but my limit is a $18,000/month note.

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:17 pm

austxwave wrote:I considered it but my limit is a $18,000/month note.

c'mon...U can do it...we can sell Nolan Ryan baseballs to supplement your salary....

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:19 pm

DaveBrownStreak wrote:After what I am reading about Oklahoma facilities, you would have to purchase all the land from Washington Ave. to Leonidas St. and the river to Claiborne to even begin to compete...dream on!!

U sir are most probably correct...when Tulane had the opportunity to buy all of the houses bordering the east side of the campus across form the Wilson building for next to nothing after Katrina, it was a golden opportunity lost

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:20 pm

Show Me wrote:

as far as I am concerned there is no wrong side of NIMBY Audubon..any and all property would be fair game...but I get your point

RobertM320
Tsunami

Postby RobertM320 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:12 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:

as far as I am concerned there is no wrong side of NIMBY Audubon..any and all property would be fair game...but I get your point

Agreed. Buy them up gradually as they come on the market. Then, leave them empty. As more of the houses remain empty, the value of the other homes will decline.

"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

DfromCT
Tsunami

Postby DfromCT » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:39 pm

If the University started buying up these properties, another benefit would be voting in the neighborhood association. Own enough property and then vote to eliminate the NIMBY clauses w/r/t Yulman.

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:51 am

DfromCT wrote:If the University started buying up these properties, another benefit would be voting in the neighborhood association. Own enough property and then vote to eliminate the NIMBY clauses w/r/t Yulman.

buy the property and then film the remake of "Animal House' there....that should make some NIMBY's happy

RobertM320
Tsunami

Postby RobertM320 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:42 pm

DfromCT wrote:If the University started buying up these properties, another benefit would be voting in the neighborhood association. Own enough property and then vote to eliminate the NIMBY clauses w/r/t Yulman.

This is a good point. Takeover from the inside.

"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Postby mbawavefan12 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Even as the high bidder, most of these NIMBYs would refuse to sell to Tulane.

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:32 pm

mbawavefan12 wrote:Even as the high bidder, most of these NIMBYs would refuse to sell to Tulane.

That is against the law, I would call the ACLU, NAACP and all other "civil rights" activist and "March on Audubon'...free beer included...and you do not have to divulge who your client is, just present the contract with a price on it...