For Sale...new weight room facility for Tulane

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:84 Audubon Blvd is on the market

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... BdvmAmdE1w
Wrong side of Audubon unfortunately. Doesn't back up to Tulane.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

After what I am reading about Oklahoma facilities, you would have to purchase all the land from Washington Ave. to Leonidas St. and the river to Claiborne to even begin to compete...dream on!!
austxwave
High Tide

I considered it but my limit is a $18,000/month note.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

austxwave wrote:I considered it but my limit is a $18,000/month note.
c'mon...U can do it...we can sell Nolan Ryan baseballs to supplement your salary....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DaveBrownStreak wrote:After what I am reading about Oklahoma facilities, you would have to purchase all the land from Washington Ave. to Leonidas St. and the river to Claiborne to even begin to compete...dream on!!
U sir are most probably correct...when Tulane had the opportunity to buy all of the houses bordering the east side of the campus across form the Wilson building for next to nothing after Katrina, it was a golden opportunity lost
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:

as far as I am concerned there is no wrong side of NIMBY Audubon..any and all property would be fair game...but I get your point
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:

as far as I am concerned there is no wrong side of NIMBY Audubon..any and all property would be fair game...but I get your point
Agreed. Buy them up gradually as they come on the market. Then, leave them empty. As more of the houses remain empty, the value of the other homes will decline.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If the University started buying up these properties, another benefit would be voting in the neighborhood association. Own enough property and then vote to eliminate the NIMBY clauses w/r/t Yulman.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:If the University started buying up these properties, another benefit would be voting in the neighborhood association. Own enough property and then vote to eliminate the NIMBY clauses w/r/t Yulman.
buy the property and then film the remake of "Animal House' there....that should make some NIMBY's happy
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:If the University started buying up these properties, another benefit would be voting in the neighborhood association. Own enough property and then vote to eliminate the NIMBY clauses w/r/t Yulman.
This is a good point. Takeover from the inside.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Even as the high bidder, most of these NIMBYs would refuse to sell to Tulane.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote:Even as the high bidder, most of these NIMBYs would refuse to sell to Tulane.

That is against the law, I would call the ACLU, NAACP and all other "civil rights" activist and "March on Audubon'...free beer included...and you do not have to divulge who your client is, just present the contract with a price on it...