Fritz offense

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nowave
Ripple

GreenLantern wrote:
msdos wrote:the cupboard was not bare, i hate this argument.
No QBs that had ever thrown an NCAA pass. Virtually no receiving corps. Looked barren to me.
im not saying that either of these guys would have set the world on fire, but lee and powell were on the roster and were run off by fritz so this statement is 100% false. also, teddy veal was around and he wasnt too bad.

also, every qb on the roster minus glenn c is a fritz recruit, so if we dont like our stable of arms the only person to blame is fritz.

greenie78
Riptide

Tanner Lee has only proven in Nebraska what he proved here. He's just a bad QB. And Powell was worse unfortunately.
wave97
Swell

This offense has much more in common with Memphis, TCU and every other zone read scheme than the "option" that we'll face this weekend. We lack a QB who can stretch the field with his arm. Until Fritz finds this QB we will continue to suck.
galvezwave
Swell

wave97 wrote:This offense has much more in common with Memphis, TCU and every other zone read scheme than the "option" that we'll face this weekend. We lack a QB who can stretch the field with his arm. Until Fritz finds this QB we will continue to suck.
This , unfortunately, is probably correct. We have running quarterbacks who can "kind of " throw. We need throwing quarterbacks who can "kind of " run. Like dare I say, Lindsey Scott. Or the greatest example, Shaun king. Not giving up on banks yet, but I'm not convinced he's the one.
puffy
Surge

I think if Banks wasn't injured, Tulane would be 2-1 heading into this Saturday, and most of us would be feeling pretty good about the rest of the season.

Let's not underestimate the receiver depth. Remember one of the many confounding things about CCJ's tenure was his inability to actually recruit the one position successfully that we all thought he should've (WRs).

The major criticism I have of Fritz is that Tulane is still having major blunders on special teams. That kind of stuff should have largely been cleaned up by now.
wave97
Swell

galvezwave wrote:
wave97 wrote:This offense has much more in common with Memphis, TCU and every other zone read scheme than the "option" that we'll face this weekend. We lack a QB who can stretch the field with his arm. Until Fritz finds this QB we will continue to suck.
This , unfortunately, is probably correct. We have running quarterbacks who can "kind of " throw. We need throwing quarterbacks who can "kind of " run. Like dare I say, Lindsey Scott. Or the greatest example, Shaun king. Not giving up on banks yet, but I'm not convinced he's the one.
Watching the highlights of the OU vs. Ohio State, the level of execution was simply amazing on the part of OU. Both teams were well prepared to start the game, but Oklahoma took it to another level with their execution in the second half. This Lincoln Riley guy is no dope, if he doesn't go the Chip Kelly route of thinking he's God's gift to coaching OU may single-handedly save the Big12.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:
galvezwave wrote:
Watching the highlights of the OU vs. Ohio State, the level of execution was simply amazing on the part of OU. Both teams were well prepared to start the game, but Oklahoma took it to another level with their execution in the second half. This Lincoln Riley guy is no dope, if he doesn't go the Chip Kelly route of thinking he's God's gift to coaching OU may single-handedly save the Big12.
or "the Big" or the SEC may come calling for OU...this would give the SEC the Oklahoma and a good portion of the DFW TV markets with both A/M and OU in the fold....but I gottat tell ya...don't sleep on Okie State...they may have enuff "O" and speed to beat OU this year...now back to the posted subject line...I think Fritz deserve at least two years before we can complain about this offense..I think it will look much different two years from now...and I ask a question, would you like to have Navy and Ga Tech record over the last 10 years, they seem to run a boring as hell offense also
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

I'd be happy with the wing-T if it produces wins.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:I'd be happy with the wing-T if it produces wins.
or even the "single wing", since we cannot get enough good players to run the "double wing'
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Or even the broken wing. Whatever works.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Or even the broken wing. Whatever works.
And learn to fly again
And learn to live so free........

On a serious note, Fritz has only had 1 full recruiting class. He has 1 of his recruits starting on our O-line. It will take at least another year for his lineman to get ready. Developing O-line and D-line takes time because recruits need to add weight and get stronger in the weight room. It's very rare to have fully developed high schoolers that are ready at the D-1 level once they get to campus. It just takes some time and unfortunately we are still seeing the end of CJ to Fritz transition of where CJ recruited "Road-graters type of lineman" where Fritz wants agile-smaller lineman. Growing pains.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Or even the broken wing. Whatever works.
I would settle for "Buffalo Wild Wings" or the "Wings and More' Offense if it would score some points