Oklahoma 56 - Tulane 14

User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Surge
Posts: 893
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby GreenPuddleSplash » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:07 pm

RobertM320 wrote:Darnell Mouney just dropped what would have been a 50 yard completion.


On another note, that was a nice accurate deep ball thrown.



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16459
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby tpstulane » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:10 pm

Told y'all it would be close.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10495
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby winwave » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:13 pm

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:Before today the line had continued to be bad. They are playing better today . Pay attention though as even their announcers have remarked how good of a job our backs do of getting yards after getting contacted in the backfield. We are playing our QB who is by far the best we have at running the ball. A lot of factors in play.


Go Fido, typical Fido response.


I see you're stuck on miserable as usual. It's been a good thread but you can't let you're desire to declare me wrong about something go so you ruin it for everybody. Anybody with sense saw a fired up team going against an extremely overconfident team that also wasn't used to our scheme. Now they are adjusting and our line isn't looking the same as early in the game.


It's the facilities stupid!

User avatar
OUG
Riptide
Posts: 2609
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:59 am
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby OUG » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:14 pm

tpstulane wrote:Told y'all it would be close.


I don't think the score will be close in the end (28+), but people suggesting OU would be pulling their starters in the 2nd quarter never should have been taken seriously.



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16459
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby tpstulane » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:15 pm

OUG wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Told y'all it would be close.


I don't think the score will be close in the end (28+), but people suggesting OU would be pulling their starters in the 2nd quarter never should have been taken seriously.

Na. We are stopping ourselves.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby DfromCT » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:27 pm

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:Before today the line had continued to be bad. They are playing better today . Pay attention though as even their announcers have remarked how good of a job our backs do of getting yards after getting contacted in the backfield. We are playing our QB who is by far the best we have at running the ball. A lot of factors in play.


Go Fido, typical Fido response.


I see you're stuck on miserable as usual. It's been a good thread but you can't let you're desire to declare me wrong about something go so you ruin it for everybody. Anybody with sense saw a fired up team going against an extremely overconfident team that also wasn't used to our scheme. Now they are adjusting and our line isn't looking the same as early in the game.


You could have replied: "Ok, maybe we're not the worst O-Line in the country. Instead, you have to make psychological determinations about someone you've never met. Too bad, you have such an inferiority complex. Go Fido, go.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

User avatar
OUG
Riptide
Posts: 2609
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:59 am
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby OUG » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:29 pm

tpstulane wrote:
OUG wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Told y'all it would be close.


I don't think the score will be close in the end (28+), but people suggesting OU would be pulling their starters in the 2nd quarter never should have been taken seriously.

Na. We are stopping ourselves.


6 in one hand, half dozen in the other, but the #2 team in the country with the Heisman candidate might have something to do with the mistakes we are making. They've certainly grabbed the game by the b*lls now.



greenie78
High Tide
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby greenie78 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:31 pm

Still not disappointed. Hopefully we can continue to move the ball and get some points.



User avatar
OUG
Riptide
Posts: 2609
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:59 am
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby OUG » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:36 pm

No reason to be disappointed. I think I'll stick by what I said earlier in the week, which was that we wouldn't really change anyone's perspective on this team's prognosis unless we came within 3 TDs. If you were glass half-full on 6 wins before, this probably won't move you. If you were glass half-empty, it probably won't move you. No moral victory but no suicide watches either. Let's finish strong and build momentum.



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 5886
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby RobertM320 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:41 pm

Felt bad on that last 3rd down play. They were all over McClain and poor Huderson had to try and block that big DT Gallimore.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Surge
Posts: 893
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby GreenPuddleSplash » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:43 pm

RobertM320 wrote:Felt bad on that last 3rd down play. They were all over McClain and poor Huderson had to try and block that big DT Gallimore.


That was the 320 lb wall that Brantley ran into earlier :cry:



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16459
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby tpstulane » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Image


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10495
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby winwave » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:48 pm

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:Before today the line had continued to be bad. They are playing better today . Pay attention though as even their announcers have remarked how good of a job our backs do of getting yards after getting contacted in the backfield. We are playing our QB who is by far the best we have at running the ball. A lot of factors in play.


Go Fido, typical Fido response.


I see you're stuck on miserable as usual. It's been a good thread but you can't let you're desire to declare me wrong about something go so you ruin it for everybody. Anybody with sense saw a fired up team going against an extremely overconfident team that also wasn't used to our scheme. Now they are adjusting and our line isn't looking the same as early in the game.


You could have replied: "Ok, maybe we're not the worst O-Line in the country. Instead, you have to make psychological determinations about someone you've never met. Too bad, you have such an inferiority complex. Go Fido, go.


So you attack with insults and can't respond with substance and you expect someone else to play nice. The line play in the second half is unfortunately what we usually see. I did say they were playing better. But hey thanks for ruing the thread for everybody Eeeyore.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.


It's the facilities stupid!

DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby DfromCT » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:48 pm

I'll be disappointed if we fall apart late in the game like we did in some of our games at Duke and GaTech over the last few years. We've acquitted ourselves well to this point, but if the score gets ridiculous it means nothing to the public perception of the progam.

Keep it up, boys.

Roll Wave!


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 5886
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby RobertM320 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:51 pm

If I'm correct, we have negative yardage for the second half. I know we were at 188rushing yards, and we're now at 189. No passing yards, so I guess technically, +1 yard.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:57 pm

RobertM320 wrote:If I'm correct, we have negative yardage for the second half. I know we were at 188rushing yards, and we're now at 189. No passing yards, so I guess technically, +1 yard.


I believe that it's 23 total yards so far for the 2nd half for Tulane.



oliveandblue
High Tide
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:02 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby oliveandblue » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:59 pm

...why did they (Tulane) swap QBs? I don't get it. They've actually started to implode since it happened.



winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10495
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby winwave » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:02 pm

I don't think Brantley is hurt. If not I guess they are trying to preserve him for the rest of the season with the way our line is getting mauled. However I don't think this is worth burning his redshirt over. Would have put in Cuillette.


It's the facilities stupid!

User avatar
OUG
Riptide
Posts: 2609
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:59 am
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby OUG » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:04 pm

winwave wrote:I don't think Brantley is hurt. If not I guess they are trying to preserve him for the rest of the season with the way our line is getting mauled. However I don't think this is worth burning his redshirt over. Would have put in Cuillette.


I agree. It's not worth it, unless you think the Banks injury is gonna be touch and go all year and we aren't going to be able to red shirt him.



winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10495
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby winwave » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:10 pm

OUG wrote:
winwave wrote:I don't think Brantley is hurt. If not I guess they are trying to preserve him for the rest of the season with the way our line is getting mauled. However I don't think this is worth burning his redshirt over. Would have put in Cuillette.


I agree. It's not worth it, unless you think the Banks injury is gonna be touch and go all year and we aren't going to be able to red shirt him.



I agree and intended to post what you did about Banks. That could well be the case. I certainly hope not but this does make you wonder.


It's the facilities stupid!

Wavetime
Swell
Posts: 1062
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:11 am
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby Wavetime » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:17 pm

I know you have to stop the other team. But a bomb and you are up by 35 with 2 minutes left? Assho$%$ I hope they don't win another game!



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 5886
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby RobertM320 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:18 pm

630 yards for OU. 10.3yds/play.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10495
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby winwave » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:21 pm

I hope Wilson isn't hurt bad. I didn't see him come back in. Did anyone see him come back?


It's the facilities stupid!

User avatar
OUG
Riptide
Posts: 2609
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:59 am
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby OUG » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:22 pm

Wavetime wrote:I know you have to stop the other team. But a bomb and you are up by 35 with 2 minutes left? Assho$%$ I hope they don't win another game!


That's a douchebag move for sure. I hope Willie mentions it to Reilly. It's not just the polls that coaches do that for, it's also that the boosters expected a blowout and there's pressure on the coaches to deliver a gaudy score that feeds their egos. I think it's ridiculous sportsmanship. One thing to run it down our throats and bust a big run, but that felt like they were trying to appease some of their fans.



winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10495
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Oklahoma GameDay Thread

Postby winwave » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Well at least LSwho is down 27-7.


It's the facilities stupid!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GreenLantern and 19 guests