Oklahoma 56 - Tulane 14

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game will be on cox 505 locally. It's $40.

ROLL WAVE ROLL!

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wavetrader
Low Tide

Ch 1636 HD on AT&T Uverse. $50 and very easy to navigate the purchase.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
GreenLantern
Riptide

Folks that spend $50 on PPV to watch the game that would not would purchase a $35 ticket for a home game are a mystery to me. Of course I exclude those people where age or health are factors.
Jaxwave
Swell

Folks spending $1 to watch this massacre baffle me. By the way do the schools get a cut of the take. Probably goes to conference as part of TV shared revenue.
TURVS71
Swell

Game Day in Norman, OK. We are here and in support regardless of the odds....
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote:Game Day in Norman, OK. We are here and in support regardless of the odds....
Yes! Roll Wave!
18 Greenbackers and including family made the trip.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pull 'em thru !
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Jaxwave wrote:Folks spending $1 to watch this massacre baffle me. By the way do the schools get a cut of the take. Probably goes to conference as part of TV shared revenue.
Agreed about paying for it. I'll be keeping track on the ESPN box score page, though.

Oklahoma retains the revenue since Big 12 teams retain 3rd tier rights (which include at least 1 FB game a season) and this particular game falls into that tier since no major broadcasting company picked it up.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GB's showing OU how it's done!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Memphis looking good today against #25 UCLA. 27-24 Tigers at halftime.
UConn trailing Virginia 31-0, 1 minute left in the 3rd.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

After being down 17-7 early, Memphis now leads #25 UCLA 34-24 in the 3rd.
Virginia 31, UConn 6 in the 4th.

And I sure wish we'd schedule Kansas for a change. They're losing 39-14 to Ohio U.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Aberzombie1892
Swell

It's unfortunate that the final score of the ULM v. Memphis game appears to have been more of a result of the poor weather than Memphis not being that good.
RobertM320 wrote:
And I sure wish we'd schedule Kansas for a change. They're losing 39-14 to Ohio U.
Virtually anyone but Oklahoma (2017), Ohio State (2018), and Auburn (2019). 2020 has MS State and Wake, which is fine, but then Tulane plays Oklahoma again in 2021. Fortunately, things appear better after 2022 aside from Oklahoma in 2024 with games against Ole Miss, MS State, Duke and Kansas State.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

tpstulane wrote:GB's showing OU how it's done!
TPS I hope you brought some Angry Wave beer! Roll DAMN WAVE!
RobertM320
Green Wave

I'd personally like to see us play someone different, like Purdue or Indiana. Big 10 schools, so they carry a name, but for the most part average at best most years.
RobertM320
Green Wave

looks like I might be able to get the game after all on firstrowsports
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:looks like I might be able to get the game after all on firstrowsports
I like firstrowsports but Finding those hidden little Xs to close them pop up ads is a pain. At least it's free though.
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:looks like I might be able to get the game after all on firstrowsports
I like firstrowsports but Finding those hidden little Xs to close them pop up ads is a pain. At least it's free though.
Yes, its a pain. But FREE is the most important part of that. :)
RobertM320
Green Wave

ECU 17, #16 Virginia Tech 7, end of 1st qtr.
SMU 19, @ #20 TCU 7, early 2nd qtr.
Memphis 48, #25 UCLA 45 FINAL
Houma de Wave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
Not getting firstrow to take any of my debit/credit cards which is strange. Are you having this problem?
GreenLantern
Riptide

Houma de Wave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
Not getting firstrow to take any of my debit/credit cards which is strange. Are you having this problem?
Tell me again why you want to give your credit card information to an offshore, European, betting site? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Houma de Wave
Swell

They're asking for a card to view the game for free (one event for free the first time). Should I be suspicious as I am now?
RobertM320
Green Wave

are you sure you're going to the proper site? firstrowsports dot eu.

actually, it redirects to ifirstrow dot eu. Then you select AM football. scroll down to the tulane game. click on it and you find the link.
Houma de Wave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:are you sure you're going to the proper site? firstrowsports dot eu.

actually, it redirects to ifirstrow dot eu. Then you select AM football. scroll down to the tulane game. click on it and you find the link.
Got that. When I click on the link, it tells me to "Sign up" or "Log in." It eventually tells me that I can sign up for one free event, but asks for credit/debit card info. Are you getting that?
RobertM320
Green Wave

I never have in the past. I wonder if that link is connecting to the OU PPV setup? If that's the only stream that may be what's happening. Let me see what it tells me.
RobertM320
Green Wave

You can't use the HD stream, you have to use link 1. When you click on Tulane at Oklahoma, you get a bovada pop-up page that you have to x out. Then use link 1, not the HD link.

You also have to ignore that popup at the bottom of the page that tells you "Content can't be played" and asks you to log in or sign up. Now, I'm on a desktop. Not sure what happens on model or tablet.