Oklahoma 56 - Tulane 14

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
OUG wrote:
Wavetime wrote:I know you have to stop the other team. But a bomb and you are up by 35 with 2 minutes left? Assho$%$ I hope they don't win another game!
That's a douchebag move for sure. I hope Willie mentions it to Reilly. It's not just the polls that coaches do that for, it's also that the boosters expected a blowout and there's pressure on the coaches to deliver a gaudy score that feeds their egos. I think it's ridiculous sportsmanship. One thing to run it down our throats and bust a big run, but that felt like they were trying to appease some of their fans.
That QB was the one of the QBs that transferred away from Texas A&M a couple of seasons ago, right?
Mayfield was a "walk on" at Texas Tech....

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
OUG wrote:
Wavetime wrote:I know you have to stop the other team. But a bomb and you are up by 35 with 2 minutes left? Assho$%$ I hope they don't win another game!
That's a douchebag move for sure. I hope Willie mentions it to Reilly. It's not just the polls that coaches do that for, it's also that the boosters expected a blowout and there's pressure on the coaches to deliver a gaudy score that feeds their egos. I think it's ridiculous sportsmanship. One thing to run it down our throats and bust a big run, but that felt like they were trying to appease some of their fans.
That QB was the one of the QBs that transferred away from Texas A&M a couple of seasons ago, right?
I was referring to K. Murray, the backup that played near the end.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bigschtick
Riptide

TURVS71 wrote:Very proud of the 1st half performance of the team. Talent and depth will rise to the top and it did Saturday. No better feeling than going toe to toe with OK. Imagine that feeling EVERY week. At times that 86,000+ crowd was very quiet.

That being said, those of you that have a pipe dream of joining or being asked to join the Big 12 just need to walk a campus like OU, see the facilities and surroundings and you will quickly return to reality.....we are LIGHT YEARS behind and I don't see how "catching up" or getting to an attractive "invitation" point is possible. Love my Green Wave...just being realistic. By the way lsu is a DUMP compared to OU!

Exactly! No chance in hell. Lets just win in our conference for a change!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
wave97
Swell

There are only three teams who you can not run up the score on, Army, Navy & Air Force. Everybody else is fair game.
Wave755
Tsunami

Time to forget about this game, OU is a super team for 2017.

Playing at Columbus last week Ohio St. could only score 16 pts. on OU. Ohio St. did not fire Urban Meyer but instead yesterday went on to beat Army 38 to 7. Let's do the same at Yulman this coming Saturday.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
OUG wrote:
I was referring to K. Murray, the backup that played near the end.
U are correct...he started his career at A&M
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

alumniwave
Low Tide

Wavetime wrote:
nowave wrote:
play to the final whistle. no one to blame for this embarrassment other than fritz. im sorry but his play calling is atrocious and his offense is not fit for the fbs level.
Agree

You are not understanding what I'm saying. Oklahoma was the better team and deserved to win big, no question. But being a poor sportsman is different. Not talking about Fritz, the team's performance or anything like that. Just Lincoln Riley's bonehead decision.
Pepper
Swell

Schools that participate in big time football are fighting for votes as well as wins. And they have a Heisman contender so I get it. I'd like for Tulane to be in that position one day.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

when all is said and posted, we got what most expected...take away the pick 6, and the last minute bomb and the score is about what everyone thought it would be...on the plus side we did kick two extra points...that may have meant something in week two !!....Riley, learned from Leach, who in his book "Swing Your Sword" states that when he puts in players, he expects them to run the offense as designed, no matter the score . how else will they get game time experience...as he also states his third teamer in week two, may be his first teamer in week five due to injury
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wave755
Tsunami

nowave wrote:
play to the final whistle. no one to blame for this embarrassment other than fritz. im sorry but his play calling is atrocious and his offense is not fit for the fbs level.
Last Saturday Urban Meyer's Ohio State playing at Columbus scored only two more points, 16, on OU than did the Wave?

By his screen name, I wonder if nowave is really an LSWho fan? If so, nowave, how about that "Canada offense" which put up a big 7 points on Miss. St.! :D
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave knocks OU from #2. OU drops to #3 in AP
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... -move-no-2
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Wave knocks OU from #2. OU drops to #3 in AP
as much as I would like to see San Diego State in the AAC, if expansion ever happens..Northern Illinois makes more geographic sense and gives in roads to the Chicago TV market
Aberzombie1892
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
as much as I would like to see San Diego State in the AAC, if expansion ever happens..Northern Illinois makes more geographic sense and gives in roads to the Chicago TV market
SDSU signed the paper work to join the AAC, but it was able to back out once the AAC did not secure another program (i.e. Boise State) in its time zone. As it stands, it's not coming.

NIU, on the other hand, does not appear to be worth it.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
SDSU signed the paper work to join the AAC, but it was able to back out once the AAC did not secure another program (i.e. Boise State) in its time zone. As it stands, it's not coming.

NIU, on the other hand, does not appear to be worth it.
NIU, with the chicagoland TV market and I may be mistaken but I think they have a very good W vs L's against PEE teams over the last several years, better than SDSU...so I do not see why they would not b e a 'player'
Aberzombie1892
Swell

They're a good program, but there is a valid question as to whether they would add value to the conference. For starters, it's average attendance in 2016 was ~11,000, and, in addition, it didn't even reach above 21,000 in 2012, the year that it went to a BCS bowl.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ight-year/
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

On OU the trip this weekend I spoke to a parent who's son happens to play on defense. He told me since we like to run the ball a lot at practice the defense doesn't get to see enough live passing. He said the AAC is full of big pass attacks. He said we may be under prepared to defend the pass. OU exploited that weakness bigtime. Makes sense when you think about it.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:On OU the trip this weekend I spoke to a parent who's son happens to play on defense. He told me since we like to run the ball a lot at practice the defense doesn't get to see enough live passing. He said the AAC is full of big pass attacks. He said we may be under prepared to defend the pass. OU exploited that weakness bigtime. Makes sense when you think about it.
It does, but we also have to consider who we played. How often will we be facing a talent like Baker Mayfield?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:On OU the trip this weekend I spoke to a parent who's son happens to play on defense. He told me since we like to run the ball a lot at practice the defense doesn't get to see enough live passing. He said the AAC is full of big pass attacks. He said we may be under prepared to defend the pass. OU exploited that weakness bigtime. Makes sense when you think about it.
It does, but we also have to consider who we played. How often will we be facing a talent like Baker Mayfield?
Right but I'm interested to see his theory as the season progresses.
Tulane Class of 1981
Aberzombie1892
Swell

If Tulane beats FIU, Army, Cincinnati, and ECU, it only has to defeat one of the teams with a good passing attack (SMU, Memphis, Tulsa, USF, and Houston) to reach bowl eligibility. It's still somewhat of a long shot, but there is still a shot.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
If Tulane beats FIU, Army, Cincinnati, and ECU, it only has to defeat one of the teams with a good passing attack (SMU, Memphis, Tulsa, USF, and Houston) to reach bowl eligibility. It's still somewhat of a long shot, but there is still a shot.
'zombie...I do not see Tulane beating Memphis (prop 48-U)...USF...or Houston...SMU and Tulsa are beatable...both have terrible defenses
nowave
Ripple

Wave755 wrote:
nowave wrote:
Last Saturday Urban Meyer's Ohio State playing at Columbus scored only two more points, 16, on OU than did the Wave?

By his screen name, I wonder if nowave is really an LSWho fan? If so, nowave, how about that "Canada offense" which put up a big 7 points on Miss. St.! :D
nice try but no. tulane all the way here which is why im so frustrated. we are no good.

and i dont take solace in the fact those guys up the river were annihilated last night. because at the end of the day it has zero bearing on us. we are still a bad football team with a subpar coaching staff and lsus win loss record wont change that.

its time to put up or shut up for this program. i know this was oklahoma but i just dont see this team beating many this year. nothing fritzs offense has led me to believe otherwise.

im just so damn tired of losing.
msdos
Swell

nowave wrote: nice try but no. tulane all the way here which is why im so frustrated. we are no good.

and i dont take solace in the fact those guys up the river were annihilated last night. because at the end of the day it has zero bearing on us. we are still a bad football team with a subpar coaching staff and lsus win loss record wont change that.

its time to put up or shut up for this program. i know this was oklahoma but i just dont see this team beating many this year. nothing fritzs offense has led me to believe otherwise.

im just so damn tired of losing.
Silly boy,
The cupboard was left bare and we simply must wait 3 years and let Fritz cash million dollar checks while he wins 3-4 games a year until "his guys" get here. Which will totally happen because this bullshit offense with no imagination is because of a bare cupboard.
chain gang x man
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
tpstulane wrote:GB's showing OU how it's done!
TPS I hope you brought some Angry Wave beer! Roll DAMN WAVE!
We did have Angry Wave beer
Plus Yuengling, Dos Equis, Budweiser, Miller Lite and Jucifer
Also Crown and Fighting Cock
Our beer was not that 3.2 beer they sell in Oklahoma
Wave QB
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:

Don't see us beating Army, Cincy or ECU. I hope we do.