Oklahoma 56 - Tulane 14

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Darnell Mouney just dropped what would have been a 50 yard completion.
On another note, that was a nice accurate deep ball thrown.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Told y'all it would be close.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:Before today the line had continued to be bad. They are playing better today . Pay attention though as even their announcers have remarked how good of a job our backs do of getting yards after getting contacted in the backfield. We are playing our QB who is by far the best we have at running the ball. A lot of factors in play.
Go Fido, typical Fido response.
I see you're stuck on miserable as usual. It's been a good thread but you can't let you're desire to declare me wrong about something go so you ruin it for everybody. Anybody with sense saw a fired up team going against an extremely overconfident team that also wasn't used to our scheme. Now they are adjusting and our line isn't looking the same as early in the game.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
OUG
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Told y'all it would be close.
I don't think the score will be close in the end (28+), but people suggesting OU would be pulling their starters in the 2nd quarter never should have been taken seriously.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

OUG wrote:
I don't think the score will be close in the end (28+), but people suggesting OU would be pulling their starters in the 2nd quarter never should have been taken seriously.
Na. We are stopping ourselves.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:Before today the line had continued to be bad. They are playing better today . Pay attention though as even their announcers have remarked how good of a job our backs do of getting yards after getting contacted in the backfield. We are playing our QB who is by far the best we have at running the ball. A lot of factors in play.
I see you're stuck on miserable as usual. It's been a good thread but you can't let you're desire to declare me wrong about something go so you ruin it for everybody. Anybody with sense saw a fired up team going against an extremely overconfident team that also wasn't used to our scheme. Now they are adjusting and our line isn't looking the same as early in the game.
You could have replied: "Ok, maybe we're not the worst O-Line in the country. Instead, you have to make psychological determinations about someone you've never met. Too bad, you have such an inferiority complex. Go Fido, go.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
OUG
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
OUG wrote:
Na. We are stopping ourselves.
6 in one hand, half dozen in the other, but the #2 team in the country with the Heisman candidate might have something to do with the mistakes we are making. They've certainly grabbed the game by the b*lls now.
greenie78
Riptide

Still not disappointed. Hopefully we can continue to move the ball and get some points.
OUG
Riptide

No reason to be disappointed. I think I'll stick by what I said earlier in the week, which was that we wouldn't really change anyone's perspective on this team's prognosis unless we came within 3 TDs. If you were glass half-full on 6 wins before, this probably won't move you. If you were glass half-empty, it probably won't move you. No moral victory but no suicide watches either. Let's finish strong and build momentum.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Felt bad on that last 3rd down play. They were all over McClain and poor Huderson had to try and block that big DT Gallimore.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Felt bad on that last 3rd down play. They were all over McClain and poor Huderson had to try and block that big DT Gallimore.
That was the 320 lb wall that Brantley ran into earlier :cry:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
You could have replied: "Ok, maybe we're not the worst O-Line in the country. Instead, you have to make psychological determinations about someone you've never met. Too bad, you have such an inferiority complex. Go Fido, go.
So you attack with insults and can't respond with substance and you expect someone else to play nice. The line play in the second half is unfortunately what we usually see. I did say they were playing better. But hey thanks for ruing the thread for everybody Eeeyore.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'll be disappointed if we fall apart late in the game like we did in some of our games at Duke and GaTech over the last few years. We've acquitted ourselves well to this point, but if the score gets ridiculous it means nothing to the public perception of the progam.

Keep it up, boys.

Roll Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

If I'm correct, we have negative yardage for the second half. I know we were at 188rushing yards, and we're now at 189. No passing yards, so I guess technically, +1 yard.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Aberzombie1892
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:If I'm correct, we have negative yardage for the second half. I know we were at 188rushing yards, and we're now at 189. No passing yards, so I guess technically, +1 yard.
I believe that it's 23 total yards so far for the 2nd half for Tulane.
oliveandblue
Surge

...why did they (Tulane) swap QBs? I don't get it. They've actually started to implode since it happened.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I don't think Brantley is hurt. If not I guess they are trying to preserve him for the rest of the season with the way our line is getting mauled. However I don't think this is worth burning his redshirt over. Would have put in Cuillette.
OUG
Riptide

winwave wrote:I don't think Brantley is hurt. If not I guess they are trying to preserve him for the rest of the season with the way our line is getting mauled. However I don't think this is worth burning his redshirt over. Would have put in Cuillette.
I agree. It's not worth it, unless you think the Banks injury is gonna be touch and go all year and we aren't going to be able to red shirt him.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

OUG wrote:
winwave wrote:I don't think Brantley is hurt. If not I guess they are trying to preserve him for the rest of the season with the way our line is getting mauled. However I don't think this is worth burning his redshirt over. Would have put in Cuillette.
I agree. It's not worth it, unless you think the Banks injury is gonna be touch and go all year and we aren't going to be able to red shirt him.

I agree and intended to post what you did about Banks. That could well be the case. I certainly hope not but this does make you wonder.
Wavetime
Swell

I know you have to stop the other team. But a bomb and you are up by 35 with 2 minutes left? Assho$%$ I hope they don't win another game!
RobertM320
Green Wave

630 yards for OU. 10.3yds/play.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I hope Wilson isn't hurt bad. I didn't see him come back in. Did anyone see him come back?
OUG
Riptide

Wavetime wrote:I know you have to stop the other team. But a bomb and you are up by 35 with 2 minutes left? Assho$%$ I hope they don't win another game!
That's a douchebag move for sure. I hope Willie mentions it to Reilly. It's not just the polls that coaches do that for, it's also that the boosters expected a blowout and there's pressure on the coaches to deliver a gaudy score that feeds their egos. I think it's ridiculous sportsmanship. One thing to run it down our throats and bust a big run, but that felt like they were trying to appease some of their fans.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Well at least LSwho is down 27-7.