Line Opens Oklahoma 34 pts. > Tulane – The Spread Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

Spread Opens Oklahoma 34 pts. > Wave (Rotation nos. 163-164 for Vegas Sheet).

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/

Oklahoma “body of work” to date:

1) 9/2 – Oklahoma 56, UTEP 7;
2) 9/9- Oklahoma 31, Ohio State 16 (@ Columbus)

And, yes, TPS, this time everyone agrees we need to take as much time off the clock as possible on Saturday @ Norman. :wink: Oklahoma is a Super Team for 2017, it will compete for the National Championship along with ‘Bama, USC & Clemson. On Saturday night the Sooners completely dominated Urban Meyer's Buckeyes @ Columbus.
If we can hold these guys under 50 pts. & score 2 touchdowns, I will take it. The Sooners will have to be down for the Wave, and thankfully we play them between their big victory over OSU and the Sooners beginning Big 12 Conference play on 9/23 against Baylor. Let's get this game over with, collect our check and then get ready to beat Army @ Yulman.

lurker123
Swell

Wave755 wrote:Spread Opens Oklahoma 34 pts. > Wave (Rotation nos. 163-164 for Vegas Sheet).

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/

Oklahoma “body of work” to date:

1) 9/2 – Oklahoma 56, UTEP 7;
2) 9/9- Oklahoma 31, Ohio State 16 (@ Columbus)

And, yes, TPS, this time everyone agrees we need to take as much time off the clock as possible on Saturday @ Norman. :wink: Oklahoma is a Super Team for 2017, it will compete for the National Championship along with ‘Bama, USC & Clemson. On Saturday night the Sooners completely dominated Urban Meyer's Buckeyes @ Columbus.
If we can hold these guys under 50 pts. & score 2 touchdowns, I will take it. The Sooners will have to be down for the Wave, and thankfully we play them between their big victory over OSU and the Sooners beginning Big 12 Conference play on 9/23 against Baylor. Let's get this game over with, collect our check and then get ready to beat Army @ Yulman.
We may cover late with Brantley against the OU scrubs but combined with a defensive score, OU has to break 50 as you note to cover. I would definitely bet this if spread moves to 36 as it simply adds another score to the equation.
Wave755
Tsunami

O/U 56.5 pts.

So, Vegas thinks our D will hold "Boomer-Sooner" under 50 pts. Let's hope so.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The only way TU covers this spread is if Riley pulls the starters after the first QTR..and even then, I am not too sure
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:The only way TU covers this spread is if Riley pulls the starters after the first QTR..and even then, I am not too sure
I would lay the points as well. College football is still about getting votes in the weekly polls, and despite thrashing Ohio State, OU got zero 1st place votes in the Coaches Poll and is third. If they "only" beat Tulane by a score of say 49-16, they're not going to improve their standings. That's why Riley won't pull his starters too early. I called the line as OU minus 35 when the game was announced. I'd still lay the points.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V