Navy 23 - Tulane 21

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wavetime
Swell

Well, some positives, some negatives....

Biggest disappointment in my opinion is Special Teams. Biggest positive is Brantley and the heart of our team. No Quit!

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I felt this would happen. We're not there yet. I thought we'd lose a tough one. This was my swing game. :evil: 5-7 stands.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

We played better vs. Navy last year. I don't give a crap about heart. That's what losers say.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wavetime wrote:Well, some positives, some negatives....

Biggest disappointment in my opinion is Special Teams. Biggest positive is Brantley and the heart of our team. No Quit!
Add in the missed tackles at key times.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wavetime
Swell

We lost, have some penalties, gave up a safety and yet we lost by 2 points on the road without our QB to a team that opened up a 14pt favorite!!

Even with our line we will win some games, hopefully more than we lose.
sader24
Tsunami

Poorly coached game at best. I'm not nearly as optimistic as I was. Offense is putrid. Can't make a xp, can't attempt a FG, can't get 11 men on the field for a punt. Missed tackles, can't block.
Wavetime
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote:We played better vs. Navy last year. I don't give a crap about heart. That's what losers say.

Well, I take this as you calling me a loser. I'm not going to sling the mud back at you because I'm above that and not a loser. We will agree to disagree.
msdos
Swell

Yay, another moral victory.

good thing for those asterisks noting our heart in the records books
Last edited by msdos on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenie78
Riptide

This one would have put us in good shape for 7-8 wins. Oh well. That bogus holding penalty was a big call against us late.
greenie78
Riptide

I thought Brantley improved from last season. We outrushed them. But special teams is not that special.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Wavetime wrote:
NOLABigSteve wrote:We played better vs. Navy last year. I don't give a crap about heart. That's what losers say.

Well, I take this as you calling me a loser. I'm not going to sling the mud back at you because I'm above that and not a loser. We will agree to disagree.
Not at all man. Nothing personal. It's just the same thing year in and year out. We were lucky we were still in this game. I'm tired of losing.
Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote:I thought Brantley improved from last season. We outrushed them. But special teams is not that special.
He is improved. They are going to have to let him pass more.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Still have yet to see us get the ball in Jet Glenn's hands. Come on.
anEngineer
Riptide

The bogus holding penalty was very big. Also, how long does a coach have to change his mind after deciding on a penalty? I don't think I have ever seen a referee make the call and the teams come on the field, then the coach decides to change his mind. The difference in points was that absolutely stupid safety.
Wave755
Tsunami

Now let's see what going on with Banks. Brantley showed a lot today, it will be great if we can have both Brantley and Banks hitting on all cylinders this season.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

This was a game that we could have stolen on the road. Instead, it was almost the epitome of what we get as Tulane fans. Rather than play just well enough to win, we played just poorly enough to lose. And shot ourselves in the foot, once again, on the way to doing so.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:This was a game that we could have stolen on the road. Instead, it was almost the epitome of what we get as Tulane fans. Rather than play just well enough to win, we played just poorly enough to lose. And shot ourselves in the foot, once again, on the way to doing so.
This.
Roll Wave!
Show Me
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote:
Wavetime wrote:

Not at all man. Nothing personal. It's just the same thing year in and year out. We were lucky we were still in this game. I'm tired of losing.
Like I said "show me" first before I buy into the hype. Same old Tulane only a more boring offense.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:Now let's see what going on with Banks. Brantley showed a lot today, it will be great if we can have both Brantley and Banks hitting on all cylinders this season.
I think Banks will be out till at least after the bye week.
nowave
Ripple

fau put up 326 yards on navy last week and we only managed 262. i thought willie was supposed to be some offensive whiz?
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

nowave wrote:fau put up 326 yards on navy last week and we only managed 262. i thought willie was supposed to be some offensive whiz?
Well, a lot of it has to do with your starting qb going down very early in the game.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
nowave wrote:fau put up 326 yards on navy last week and we only managed 262. i thought willie was supposed to be some offensive whiz?
Well, a lot of it has to do with your starting qb going down very early in the game.
No need to excuse. Our backup QB came in and did better than Banks. Brantley runs a better option and makes the right decision to give or take. However he can't pass as well.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
OUG
Riptide

NOLABigSteve wrote:
Wavetime wrote:

I get the idea that Navy tried to give us the game with having 2 turnovers, but they also had ZERO penalties called on them. With the safety, missed XP, you could say we were the ones making huge mistakes to give it away.

I thought we would lose a game and we did (although I didn't think it would be with Brantley) Next week will be UGLY. The Army game at home was always the game I was pointing to.

I don't believe we should be happy with the result, of course. But if you're looking at it in terms of what it means for the rest of the season, I don't think it changes much. I don't think it's a game where you say "here comes 2-10!" but it's not the game we were hoping for either. We are probably still looking at the 5-6 win team we were expecting. Need to come out of Oklahoma relatively healthy.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I said before the season that if something happened to Banks we were in better shape to handle it this season as Brantley is healthy and improved.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
Our backup QB came in and did better than Banks.
TPS that's not fair to Banks. Banks/offense was still feeling out Navy at the early period. We didn't really hit any traction till the 4th.