JTS Losing Control

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
sader24
Tsunami

While it appears 90% of YOGWF are in full support of Luvs da Wave's point of view, JTS has gone off the deep end with a personal attack on Luvs da Wave. He is literally daring YOGWF posters to head to other forums if they support such foolishness. As much as I hate the blowouts in football I would be lying if I said I don't enjoy watching JTS in full meltdown mode, acting like a 5 yr old, and showing his true colors. Have we reached out to Luvs da Wave and tried to bring him and anyone else who is sick of that idiot over to this forum. It would be a hell of alot easier to get everyone on the same page as far as taking the administration to task.

JDTulane
Riptide

:roll: Adults are stupid. Both sides, gotula/yogwf. Is this what happens to me when I 'grow up'? Dumb bickering when we all support the same team.

Adults are stupid.
wave to em
Surge

I was about to post the same thing sader....he titles it "Dear Luvs Yourself or anyone else who decides to quit..."

1st thing- JTS, if anyone is quiting on this football team look no further then the 3 idiots running the show SC, RD & BT.

2nd thing- everyone wants to see this team succeed and most people on both boards (gotula/yogwf) realize that the way things are being run now is NOT going to work.. other teams/ Schools would not put up with this, they would clean house after 2 years of this.... and i keep hearing people such as SC or other (ignorant) fans saying that we dont want to be looked at like Universities such as LSU, UGA, Texas, Nebraska, or damnit even Houston, well my question is WHY THE HELL NOT??? everytime i hear the names of those schools i think of winning, so why wouldn't you want to be considered a WINNER???? which brings me to my next point......

3rd thing- I understand that TU is an academic 1st University, thats fine, but so is Stanford and they win football games...I feel like Cowen thinks that if we become relevant in football that it will take away credibilty acidemically, well i will be the first to tell you Cowen that i Still think Stanford is one of the finest Universities in this Country despite having a Winning football team.....ITS TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE

A wise man once defined Insanity:
"doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
-Albert Einstein
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
RWR
Swell

Here it is:
JtS wrote:Dear Luvs Yourself or anyone else who decides to quit on this football team or just burn the whole place down. There are three or more forums where anyone may follow the writer of that wonderfully narcissistic soliloquy. If you are fooled by the serious falsehoods, conveniently glossing over facts and the personal agenda of a stood-up prom date, then I invite you to join said "Bigshot"...

After 458 posts on YOGWF complaining about something, anything and everything Tulane …well, 459 will suffice. Furthermore, just as a bank has regulators, this forum has rules and regulations. I took you at your word after your incorrect post concerning the Internet. You wrote, "I ‘m out of here.” Yet you remain.

As far as your many accomplishments which you write about over and over, a very wise Tulanian who graduated with a medical degree then went on to revolutionize heart surgery by saving upwards of a million lives with his inventions, his techniques, his teachings, his volunteered time and donated monies, all for the betterment of this world, once explained a truth about accomplishments. The kind Doctor told me quietly after listening to a braggadocios’ physician from Europe go on and on endlessly about his own works, “If you must talk about your accomplishments yourself, then nobody really cares or believes.”
Now we'll see if there are any real men over there. Obviously jts got his marching orders from RD and been threatened w/being cut off from all that great inside info. he's always had. How will his minions respond. My guess is they'll knuckle under b/c they know they can't exist w/others who have a grasp on reality.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The open letter to SC and RD multi-page thread was also deleted.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
wave to em
Surge

Add "maddog" to the list of TU fans who are completely oblivious..
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
RobertM320
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:While it appears 90% of YOGWF are in full support of Luvs da Wave's point of view, JTS has gone off the deep end with a personal attack on Luvs da Wave. He is literally daring YOGWF posters to head to other forums if they support such foolishness. As much as I hate the blowouts in football I would be lying if I said I don't enjoy watching JTS in full meltdown mode, acting like a 5 yr old, and showing his true colors. Have we reached out to Luvs da Wave and tried to bring him and anyone else who is sick of that idiot over to this forum. It would be a hell of alot easier to get everyone on the same page as far as taking the administration to task.
sader24, I noticed they JTS deleted everything that pertained to the open letter. LuvsdaWave, (Mike Veron) had posted his email address in the one where he was offering to pay 20% of the cost of a TP ad, but I didn't write it down. I think it was mikeATveronbiceDOTnet. Although, it could be DOTcom, or the i could have been an l. If Steve, as board administrator, would reach out to him and let him know we support his position and want to help, it would be great to get him in the fold.

As for JTS, he's now doing more harm to Tulane than good. I know no one wants to post names on the board, but could someone pm me with who this fool is? I'll call his idiot ass personally.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
msdos
Swell

I'm pretty sure this is JTS

RobertM320
Green Wave

RobertM320 wrote:
sader24 wrote:While it appears 90% of YOGWF are in full support of Luvs da Wave's point of view, JTS has gone off the deep end with a personal attack on Luvs da Wave. He is literally daring YOGWF posters to head to other forums if they support such foolishness. As much as I hate the blowouts in football I would be lying if I said I don't enjoy watching JTS in full meltdown mode, acting like a 5 yr old, and showing his true colors. Have we reached out to Luvs da Wave and tried to bring him and anyone else who is sick of that idiot over to this forum. It would be a hell of alot easier to get everyone on the same page as far as taking the administration to task.
sader24, I noticed they JTS deleted everything that pertained to the open letter. LuvsdaWave, (Mike Veron) had posted his email address in the one where he was offering to pay 20% of the cost of a TP ad, but I didn't write it down. I think it was mikeATveronbiceDOTnet. Although, it could be DOTcom, or the i could have been an l. If Steve, as board administrator, would reach out to him and let him know we support his position and want to help, it would be great to get him in the fold.

As for JTS, he's now doing more harm to Tulane than good. I know no one wants to post names on the board, but could someone pm me with who this fool is? I'll call his idiot ass personally.
The one I posted is correct. mike _AT_ veronbice _DOT_ com

He mentioned last weekend on YOGWF that he was getting emails from friends and alumni nationwide regarding this, so I think we should all email him. Just to reassure him there are alot of us out here supporting him.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bigschtick
Riptide

JTS is a disgrace to the Tulane community. He is the worst kind of enabler. Totally cueless.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
JerseyWave
Riptide

I am glad I found GOTULA.net because JTS is a loser, BMT needs get a real job and stop trolling around an internet message board all day, and when Dickson is fired take that other moron, Observer with him.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Sent PM to Luvs the Wave inviting him to come over here as well as join the other forum that does not attack people for expressing the truth!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JDTulane wrote: :roll: Adults are stupid. Both sides, gotula/yogwf. Is this what happens to me when I 'grow up'? Dumb bickering when we all support the same team.

Adults are stupid.
No. Only one person here is acting stupid.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I'm pretty sure this is JtS.

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Even though it is not surprising....wow.

There shouldn't be any remaining doubt that:

1) That guy is a bad person: I recognize his condescending tone from the times he used it on me and I know that he wouldn't dare say such things in person. He's a small person who believes that his $8/month hosting fees entitle him to be an arbiter of what opinions are valid and will very personally insult posters after he deletes/bans them so they cannot respond. The worst kind of person.

2) His actions are harmful to Tulane athletics: There was a great deal of agreement on across the Tulane community on the contents of the "letter" and a good discussion around it. Jts decided that it was within his perview to delete the letter and entire discussion. This is obviously a time when the Tulane community needs to decide what (if anything) should be done now that it is patently obvious that the inmates are running the asylum. By stifling such discussion (not action, but just discussion), the entire Tulane community is harmed.

3) He does NOT have Tulane's best interests in mind: I don't know if it could be any more obvious that he is personally connected to Rick Dickson or Scott Cowen. All of his actions have placed the best interests of those individuals above the interests of the program and the University. His claim that the author (LuvstheWave) was wrong, lied and has an "agenda" is absurdly ironic.

I suspect that will be the final straw for a number of yoggie community members as well it should be. Everyone who agreed with the letter or participated in that discussion was directly and personally insulted. Now would be a good time to reach out to those on YOGWF and try to bring them into the fold at Gotula.net and TWF. What kind of fool is trying to shrink the number of Tulane fans at a time like this? It's time to bring as many people into the discussion as possible and we can do that in an open (and free) manner here.
RobertM320
Green Wave

jonathanjoseph wrote:Even though it is not surprising....wow.

1) That guy is a bad person: I recognize his condescending tone from the times he used it on me and I know that he wouldn't dare say such things in person. He's a small person who believes that his $8/month hosting fees entitle him to be an arbiter of what opinions are valid and will very personally insult posters after he deletes/bans them so they cannot respond. The worst kind of person.

2) His actions are harmful to Tulane athletics: There was a great deal of agreement on across the Tulane community on the contents of the "letter" and a good discussion around it. Jts decided that it was within his perview to delete the letter and entire discussion. This is obviously a time when the Tulane community needs to decide what (if anything) should be done now that it is patently obvious that the inmates are running the asylum. By stifling such discussion (not action, but just discussion), the entire Tulane community is harmed.

3) He does NOT have Tulane's best interests in mind: I don't know if it could be any more obvious that he is personally connected to Rick Dickson or Scott Cowen. All of his actions have placed the best interests of those individuals above the interests of the program and the University. His claim that the author (LuvstheWave) was wrong, lied and has an "agenda" is absurdly ironic.

I suspect that will be the final straw for a number of yoggie community members as well it should be. Everyone who agreed with the letter or participated in that discussion was directly and personally insulted. Now would be a good time to reach out to those on YOGWF and try to bring them into the fold at Gotula.net and TWF. What kind of fool is trying to shrink the number of Tulane fans at a time like this? It's time to bring as many people into the discussion as possible and we can do that in an open (and free) manner here.

jonathan, just for my own knowledge what is TWF?
msdos
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote:I'm pretty sure this is JtS.

i was going for the tighten your grip/slip through your fingers thing, but yea, this is waaaay more accurate
msdos
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: jonathan, just for my own knowledge what is TWF?

probably meant twr, the wave report
wave to em
Surge

jonathan, just for my own knowledge what is TWF?
I think he meant TWR (The Wave Report).....another tulane forum.
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

msdos wrote:
RobertM320 wrote: jonathan, just for my own knowledge what is TWF?

probably meant twr, the wave report
Yep, sorry for the typo.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

msdos wrote:i was going for the tighten your grip/slip through your fingers thing, but yea, this is waaaay more accurate
I liked your analogy too. :mrgreen:
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
JTLiuzza
Swell

+1

That's why on occasion when I do reference that board I do so as the "worst fans in college sports." Heck he tried to stifle new of the attempt to kill D1 football in 2003, deleted the leak repeatedly from his site. Fortunately it's a bit tough to try to be the poobah of all discussion of Tulane athletics in the internet age.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
OUG
Riptide

1ndabag wrote:

+1

That's why on occasion when I do reference that board I do so as the "worst fans in college sports." Heck he tried to stifle new of the attempt to kill D1 football in 2003, deleted the leak repeatedly from his site. Fortunately it's a bit tough to try to be the poobah of all discussion of Tulane athletics in the internet age.
+2

I was in the one of the Scelfo purges in '06.

I think part of it might be that his personality type is to naturally apologize for those in charge and to defend authority figures. (There's a number of people who are the opposite and blindly criticize authority figures -- I tend to defend Cowen and have long criticized Dickson. So I guess I'm in between). The need to defend authority figures is a frequent trait of authoritarian tendencies in people. I'll leave it at that.

He also just as an attitude that a sports forum should be a happy place that only presents a positive image of the university. Hence, his restrictive rules about discussing replacements of coaches or staff members who aren't getting the job done, during the season. I think this is the fatal flaw. Find me ONE other college sports site that has a similar rule. They don't exist! Part of being a sports fan is criticizing the coach and the administration and venting collective anger and analyzing ways forward when things aren't working.

He wants a negativity-free site, but when you haven't been to a bowl in 10 years, negativity is all there really is to discuss and all there really should be to discuss. Throwing people off the forum because they want to discuss what they see as the biggest problem facing Tulane athletics seems... counterintuitive to a discussion forum about Tulane athletics.

I said on the Wave Report the other day, I think YOGWF is a net negative for Tulane athletics. Message boards are meant to be the voice of the fan base. Its the principle way fans interact with the administration in modern college sports. Without a vibrant forum for fans that tolerates dissent (which is the majority opinion of a fan base that hasn't been to a bowl in 10 years), you get an athletic department that is very disconnected to the true size, scope, and wishes of its fan base.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

OUG wrote: +2

I was in the one of the Scelfo purges in '06.

I think part of it might be that his personality type is to naturally apologize for those in charge and to defend authority figures. (There's a number of people who are the opposite and blindly criticize authority figures -- I tend to defend Cowen and have long criticized Dickson. So I guess I'm in between). The need to defend authority figures is a frequent trait of authoritarian tendencies in people. I'll leave it at that.

He also just as an attitude that a sports forum should be a happy place that only presents a positive image of the university. Hence, his restrictive rules about discussing replacements of coaches or staff members who aren't getting the job done, during the season. I think this is the fatal flaw. Find me ONE other college sports site that has a similar rule. They don't exist! Part of being a sports fan is criticizing the coach and the administration and venting collective anger and analyzing ways forward when things aren't working.

He wants a negativity-free site, but when you haven't been to a bowl in 10 years, negativity is all there really is to discuss and all there really should be to discuss. Throwing people off the forum because they want to discuss what they see as the biggest problem facing Tulane athletics seems... counterintuitive to a discussion forum about Tulane athletics.

I said on the Wave Report the other day, I think YOGWF is a net negative for Tulane athletics. Message boards are meant to be the voice of the fan base. Its the principle way fans interact with the administration in modern college sports. Without a vibrant forum for fans that tolerates dissent (which is the majority opinion of a fan base that hasn't been to a bowl in 10 years), you get an athletic department that is very disconnected to the true size, scope, and wishes of its fan base.
I agree with a lot of this, but you certainly cannot achieve a negativity free site by extensively and personally insulting those you disagree with. The condescension and insults hurled at LuvstheWave in that post are mindblowing.
JTLiuzza
Swell

The "Scelfo purges." :lol:

This whole "negativity" thing which seems to be used as a cornerstone for any censorship of opinion is nebulous and subjective. What is the cardinal sin of "negativity?" Whatever the guy with his finger on the button says it is.

To me you have a guy like Luvs who puts forth his position in a reasonable way, a position that most would agree with by the way. And he cites his bona fides which is necessary to lend his opinion the proper weight.

And because his opinion is disliked by the arbiter of "negativity," he's accused of "braggadocio" and his opinion deleted.

Why anybody bothers over there is beyond me.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.