Grambling GameDay Thread-Wave wins 43-14

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's finally here. Let's Roll This !!!
Last edited by winwave on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

https://twitter.com/tulanealumni/status ... 4313816064 https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 5360167943 https://twitter.com/SaveTUStadium/statu ... 7320608768
Last edited by RobertM320 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bigschtick
Riptide

GO GREENIES!!!!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
AugWave
Swell

Let's pummel some people. Shove their faces into the ground. Beat them half to death. Make them beg us to stop.

I'm angry and it's time. Let's get shit done!
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
Show Me
Tsunami

I heard ticket sales are down this season. Expect a small crowd today maybe the smallest opening day ever in Yulman. Maybe Grambling folks will walk up. Who knows. Weather going to be nice for early September.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

There may actually be traffic when trying to get there between fans coming in to go the Dome to see LSU and the Grambling fans coming in.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
galvezwave
Swell

I think there will be about 12,000 actual. The usual 3-4K Tulane fans and some grambling folks will travel plus some local interst . Not a dismal crowd. It's gonna take some winning to get the rest of the few Tulane fans left. I know several itching for good Tulane football but they gotta see it first. Me included.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I credit Tulane in that I have seen tons of TV advertising during the Saints games and other sport related stuff pushing tickets. We're also up against #1 Alabama vs #3 FSU. I will try and stream that at Yulman during timeouts should bandwidth allow.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Looks like we might get a little afternoon shower. Got my poncho, tickets, and all I need is a green wave beer and a win tonight. I hope so see some of y'all at the game tonight. Let's go Green! Roll damn wave! Beat gsu!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Being that its the season opener and its Labor Day weekend, I'd hope that Grambing would bring a few more people than that. Also, students are back in and a new season always starts with optimism. I'd hope closer to 15-16K at least.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Being that its the season opener and its Labor Day weekend, I'd hope that Grambing would bring a few more people than that. Also, students are back in and a new season always starts with optimism. I'd hope closer to 15-16K at least.
And, when the 2nd half kicks off, the students will be gone. That just gets to me big time.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Get to a point where we're 9-2, ranked and playing the last game of the regular season with a shot at winning the AAC championship and they'll stay.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Aside from UCF and Navy, the AAC has been largely disappointing even in winning the first games that have already been played (Cincinnati, UConn, USF, and Memphis), so it could really benefit from Tulane crushing an opponent even if it's FCS.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:Aside from UCF and Navy, the AAC has been largely disappointing even in winning the first games that have already been played (Cincinnati, UConn, USF, and Memphis), so it could really benefit from Tulane crushing an opponent even if it's FCS.
You forgot to mention Tulsa getting thumped by OSU...
Aberzombie1892
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:Aside from UCF and Navy, the AAC has been largely disappointing even in winning the first games that have already been played (Cincinnati, UConn, USF, and Memphis), so it could really benefit from Tulane crushing an opponent even if it's FCS.
You forgot to mention Tulsa getting thumped by OSU...
Well, no one thought that an upset was a realistic outcome of that game and it was against a legitimate top 10 team, so it's really not as bad as the AAC struggling against FCS teams, an AAC title contender struggling against SJSU for a quarter, or an AAC title contender struggling against ULM.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I don't expect it to hold up, but Stony Brook leads #19 USF in Tampa, 10-7 at the half.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Beautiful summer day in NOLA...perfect conditions for tailgating on the quad....except there's hardly anyone here. About 1/5 of the tailgating turnout from last year...
GreenLantern
Riptide

There are, however, a very large number of coeds that are inappropriately dressed. So there's that.
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote:There are, however, a very large number of coeds that are inappropriately dressed. So there's that.

pics?
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:There are, however, a very large number of coeds that are inappropriately dressed. So there's that.

pics?
I haven't seen it and been here a couple of hours, but will keep my eyes open.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Anyone else having issues with ESPN3?

I get nothing but error messages.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote:Anyone else having issues with ESPN3?

I get nothing but error messages.
I'm having issues as well. Thanks ESPN.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Well a passing td to start the season. Great day to be a wave!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

FYI Student section is pretty full. Will post pictures after the game