Grambling Score Prediction Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.

Pick a Winner, Predict the Score

Tulane
95%
Grambling
5%

Total votes: 22
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Game predictions from third parties are listed below, and please note that the spread is 18 points.

Sports Chat Place - No final score, but picked Grambling to cover.
SB Nation - No final score, but Tulane has a 79% chance of victory.
Cappers Picks - Grambling wins, 35-17.
Athlon - Tulane wins, but no final score.

What a mess.

greenphantom
Swell

Wave breaks it open in 2nd half and wins 38-21.
Wave QB
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:Game predictions from third parties are listed below, and please note that the spread is 18 points.

Sports Chat Place - No final score, but picked Grambling to cover.
SB Nation - No final score, but Tulane has a 79% chance of victory.
Cappers Picks - Grambling wins, 35-17.
Athlon - Tulane wins, but no final score.

What a mess.
Wow.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Other predictions:

Scores and Stats - Grambling wins 31-27
Sagarin - Tulane wins 28-17 (rounded)

The consensus seems to be that the professional handicappers do not believe that Tulane will win by 18+ points and there is some belief that Tulane could lose.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:Other predictions:

The consensus seems to be that the professional handicappers do not believe that Tulane will win by 18+ points and there is some belief that Tulane could lose.
I bet more than half of them think we still have GC at qb. It might just be unbridled optimism for the new football season, but the more and more I look at the match up, we're going to win and win big. They're going to struggle against our D. Even without Smart and Marley, we still have talent on our D that have great potential to play at the next level (Aruna, Agent P, Marbley, Teamer). I also think it will take a couple of possessions to get our offense going, but once it does, they will struggle stopping the RPO offense. As for ST, they will have the advantage there.

ROLL DAMN WAVE! :mrgreen:
GreenLantern
Riptide

I see that the polling question shows no one picking Grambling to win. It appears that Mr. Stroke (our new forum participant) has a lack of voting confidence which belies his brash talk.
Stroke
Ripple

GreenLantern wrote:I see that the polling question shows no one picking Grambling to win. It appears that Mr. Stroke (our new forum participant) has a lack of voting confidence which belies his brash talk.
My Vote is in
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Stroke wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:I see that the polling question shows no one picking Grambling to win. It appears that Mr. Stroke (our new forum participant) has a lack of voting confidence which belies his brash talk.
My Vote is in
Stroke, I don't think anyone has said it, but, welcome to our boards and thank you for voting/commenting! I think everyone here will agree that we like your tigers more than the other tigers down the road from us, but this Saturday, we are fans of no tigers :mrgreen:
Wave755
Tsunami

Vegas spread should be posted tomorrow. Needless to say, not a "high interest game" for the "Big Boys."
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:

Vegas spread should be posted tomorrow. Needless to say, not a "high interest game" for the "Big Boys."
Don't think they do a spread FBS vs FCS.
Plenty of books do not offer odds on the early season FBS versus FCS matchups because it's too risky and not enough interest. I'd be very surprised if they have a betting line.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Eaglewave
Swell

Stroke wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:
Stroke wrote:Gram 35
Tulane 24

Our Offense is Built to Score.. Option is a 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. Tulane will need its special Teams
Your "built to score offense" scored 10 points against North Carolina Central in your biggest game of last season. That same team lost 49-6 to Duke and 70-20 to Western Michigan. Maybe we need to call the NCC coach and ask if the Arizona game worried him. There is no way in hell that Grambling is going to score 35 points against our secondary even if the Cardinals would allow Chad Williams to dress out on Saturday. (By the way, congrats to Grambling on getting him drafted in the 3rd round last year. No hating here. That was amazing for a FCS WR.)
Ahhhhh... Both of those teams are clearly, clearly better then Tulane. Western Michigan lost 1 game to Wisconsin. And Duke is in the ACC not a good comparison. Also if you look at the Film, Our Kicker and Punter was Out,and we also help them to less points then Western Michigan and 4 points more then Duke gave up to them.
Understand that you guys dont have the QB to put a lot of points on the board, Georgia Tech Triple Option. It will come down to our defense, and Special Teams being discipline.
So what if they were out, you still couldn't score more than 10 points vs North Carolina Central. That game confirms that Kincade and Carter won't do anything vs our defense. Grambling had lost too many key players from last year and won't be explosive against a FBS defense. We don't lose to FCS programs and it's impossible to lose to a SWAC program of this era. If this were the 70's on back, then I would be concerned.

Listen carefully, Grambling can't beat Tulane. No way and no how. Wake up and smell the depth chart. Grambling is a FCS program for a reason and in the one of the weakest conferences in the division. We have beaten McNeese and SLU teams with more FBS transfers on their rosters.
Ball Sumrall!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Just for a comparison: In 2016, Tulane was ranked #31 in total defense. Arizona was ranked #115. This will be the best defense Grambling has faced in a number of years. No chance of an upset here.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/leader/nat ... ort01.html
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Eaglewave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Just for a comparison: In 2016, Tulane was ranked #31 in total defense. Arizona was ranked #115. This will be the best defense Grambling has faced in a number of years. No chance of an upset here.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/leader/nat ... ort01.html
I truly believe that Grambling folks know this, but they are just trying to hype themselves up. Aruna is going to feast on this SWAC offensive line. Our secondary won't be in for much of a challenge as they only have 1 receiver on their roster with a collegiate catch.
Ball Sumrall!
Houma de Wave
Swell

TU 45, Grambling 28.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave 31
Tigers 21
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
pansdad
Ripple

Tulane 63
Grambling 0
OUG
Riptide

Tulane 52 - Grambling 26
JerseyWave
Riptide

The offense will be light years ahead of last year. I expect it to resemble Georgia Southern's offense that I watched in their bowl game after Fritz was hired by Tulane. It ran like a well oiled machine. My only concern with Jonathan Banks is can he stay healthy once he starts taking hits.

Grambling 20
Tulane 48
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Here's why Grambling lost to Az St last year. They were up 21-3 at half before their QB went down and the turnovers began.
But the Tigers (1-1), who lost quarterback DeVante Kincade to injury late in the first half, committed six second-half turnovers, four of them in a row in the third quarter. Backup Trevon Cherry threw three interceptions and fumbled the ball away once.

"They capitalized on all our mistakes," Grambling coach Broderick Fobbs said.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/re ... =400869099
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

So you're saying we need to knock Kincade out the game. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
TURVS71
Swell

Well , looks like I win:

Predicted 42-14
Actual 43-14
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
GreenLantern
Riptide

It will be very interesting to read Mr. Stroke's post game comments. My guess is that he has quietly faded into the night.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote:Well , looks like I win:

Predicted 42-14
Actual 43-14
Wow!
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

TURVS71 wrote:Well , looks like I win:

Predicted 42-14
Actual 43-14
Excellent!
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote:It will be very interesting to read Mr. Stroke's post game comments. My guess is that he has quietly faded into the night.
Will there be any?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson