QB performance

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
IM42lane
Swell

5 - 7 (3 - 5 Conf.)

Quarterback play will be the biggest mystery this season. From where I sit, Tulane is above average/good at every position, except for Quarterback. This offense needs decent QB performance and leadership.

What QB will step up and lead the offense? The defense and running game will be fine.

If the Tulane QB surprises everybody and plays outstanding, then this ball club will go to a bowl. Otherwise, another losing season lurks on the horizon.

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
ajcalhoun
Swell

IM42lane wrote: From where I sit, Tulane is above average/good at every position, except for Quarterback.
From where I sit, the offensive line is not average/good. When I read that Leglue is one of the best players I worry.
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Even Fritz recently said the offensive line is our biggest issue. I'll add that this certainly seems like it belongs in the season prediction thread.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

IM42lane wrote: 5 - 7 (3 - 5 Conf.)

Quarterback play will be the biggest mystery this season. From where I sit, Tulane is above average/good at every position, except for Quarterback. This offense needs decent QB performance and leadership.

What QB will step up and lead the offense? The defense and running game will be fine.

If the Tulane QB surprises everybody and plays outstanding, then this ball club will go to a bowl. Otherwise, another losing season lurks on the horizon.
Pete, I'm 100% sure our QB play will be a big step up from last year. Even with the O-Line questions we face, the QB play must and will be much better. If Banks can't get the job done, a very athletic Brantley, in his second year at this level and in Fritz's system, will be a big step up from last year. Our starter last year is now 5th on the depth chart.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
IM42lane
Swell

OK, fine, but the bottom line is that the QB MUST play well in each game for success to happen for this ball club this year.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Will QB play make a difference in the outcome of the OU game?

Our QB play will be a huge upgrade from last year. To expect our QB's to have their best game every week is unrealistic. We're going to have some good, or hopefully great games, and some that we don't look so good. Last year every week our QB play was horrendous.
swampnik
Surge

Anyone know a "radio web site" that will carry the game live? Thanks for posting if so.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Check the game notes I posted a link on. They should have all broadcasting information there.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote:Anyone know a "radio web site" that will carry the game live? Thanks for posting if so.
Maybe you can't watch for some reason, but the game is on ESPN3, which is basically a web based ESPN station.