Practice Report - August 12

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Ruski
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
BC Wave wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
winwave wrote:Sure. It's funny you mention last years recap. I thought about that myself this evening when reflecting on what I saw today and said to myself hey it's not the complete mess it was back then. The main reason is that the QB's look more capable. Hopefully the line continues to make strides in the next three weeks so they can have a fighting chance.
Appreciate your honest opinion. I remember in Toledo's last year I went to a scrimmage and was appalled how bad we looked athletically. I was really pulling for Toledo cause he seemed like a good guy but I had to be honest and reported that we would win 4 games max. Some people absolutely flipped out at my observations. It even leaked to the yogwf board and some of the posters said I didn't know what I was talking about, lol.
GP
You didn't know what you were talking about --- you were off on your prediction by 50%!
:)
That year, I won the GB annual Green Wave prognostication contest, beating TPS in a tiebreak!
True. Hey I won it last year! I actually picked every game correct which is very difficult.
Also won it once under the CJ years. Have to work on those tiebreakers though. :lol:
Not quite every game.. ;)
tpstulane wrote:4 or 5 wins
L's WF, Navy, UCF, Memphis, Tulsa, UH, Temple, UCONN
W's Southern, ULL, UMASS, SMU
Swing game: Navy. Lose and it's 4-8
Need the QB and OL to be solid to get 5 or more wins.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
winwave wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:Thanks Winwave. It's always great to read your reports.

Question:

Is Banks as solid as Fritz billed him to be?
He is definitely athletic and can throw on the run which obviously will be important considering our line woes. He has a strong arm and appears to be able to make all the throws. It's hard to judge when he's not live as far as tackling. He'll definitely start the first game. No one knows till then how he'll respond to live bullets. if he does handle it we'll have a chance at a decent season. As always how the line does will be a big factor in how much he or any of our QB's can help us improve.
Win, was there live tackling on QBs?!? I just caught the part Ledford came in and hobbled off after a series?
Banks and Brantley were off limits. Mclain and Ledford could be hit.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.