Response from Ticket Office

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

I was online checking my account with Tulane and noticed that they only have 11 Loyalty Points credited to my account. It states that it covers football season tickets and contribution for the 2017 season. No Loyalty Points for any other years are shown in the total.

I emailed the Green Wave Fund contact on Wednesday (this week) AM.....as of yet I have not received a reply. I'm guessing that the conversion to a new ticket system wiped out all previous information. I would hope that's not the case because this would just go to show that no one is minding the ship over there. I am a little put out that no one has taken the time to call me back on the points issue. FYI, before I renewed my SIX season tickets, I called the Athletic Department on another matter and almost immediately received a return phone call. I would HOPE that since I have renewed, that return contact on another issue would not be considered a non-priority. Service from this Athletic Department seems to always be a problem.

I would advise all of you to check your account Loyalty Points. It may not be a big deal now but may come back to bite you in the ass later.

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote:I was online checking my account with Tulane and noticed that they only have 11 Loyalty Points credited to my account. It states that it covers football season tickets and contribution for the 2017 season. No Loyalty Points for any other years are shown in the total.

I emailed the Green Wave Fund contact on Wednesday (this week) AM.....as of yet I have not received a reply. I'm guessing that the conversion to a new ticket system wiped out all previous information. I would hope that's not the case because this would just go to show that no one is minding the ship over there. I am a little put out that no one has taken the time to call me back on the points issue. FYI, before I renewed my SIX season tickets, I called the Athletic Department on another matter and almost immediately received a return phone call. I would HOPE that since I have renewed, that return contact on another issue would not be considered a non-priority. Service from this Athletic Department seems to always be a problem.

I would advise all of you to check your account Loyalty Points. It may not be a big deal now but may come back to bite you in the ass later.
I'm told season tickets are only worth 1 loyalty point under the new system. And if you give $500 you immediately get 500 loyalty points. So donations are much more valuable than season tickets.
So it seems my 40 years of football, baseball and basketball season tickets are not considered under the new ticket system.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
TURVS71 wrote:I was online checking my account with Tulane and noticed that they only have 11 Loyalty Points credited to my account. It states that it covers football season tickets and contribution for the 2017 season. No Loyalty Points for any other years are shown in the total.

I'm told season tickets are only worth 1 loyalty point under the new system. And if you give $500 you immediately get 500 loyalty points. So donations are much more valuable than season tickets.
So it seems my 40 years of football, baseball and basketball season tickets are not considered under the new ticket system.
That's so funny because I had to re-register my online tulane ticket account today because I couldn't log in today and when I called them to ask them what's going on, they said they changed their system again this year. When I re-registered, of course all my previous loyalty points were gone. They also never sent me my season tickets last year and required me to go pick them up the Friday before the first game last season... Maybe we will be able to transfer tickets online this season for once?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Looks like there is a way to transfer tickets online once again.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

In my conversation yesterday with the GWC I brought the loyalty point issue up. He explained that some people looked at the worst time. They were just starting to tinker with system but what was posted was not final and they took it down as they worked on the system. He explained that the GWC had kept much better records than the ticket office and so people were getting their full credit for their GWC donations over the years even dating back to when it was originally the GWC. I was then told the ticket office information only went back three years. I told him that would be a major disaster with fans like most of us here who have bought season tickets for decades through all the losing. I said that the previous system had also shortchanged people on the season ticket issue and when people complained they let us tell them when we started getting them and then gave us credit for that.

I also told him that Dannen was already losing the fan base as people feel he's become detached. I told him even the ever incompetent RD had taken advantage of social media and started posting monthly video's in which he discussed current issues that fans were interested in and that Dannen needed to start doing something similar. He was pleasant to talk to and said he appreciated the insight and was making notes. We' ll see what happens.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:In my conversation yesterday with the GWC I brought the loyalty point issue up. He explained that some people looked at the worst time. They were just starting to tinker with system but what was posted was not final and they took it down as they worked on the system. He explained that the GWC had kept much better records than the ticket office and so people were getting their full credit for their GWC donations over the years even dating back to when it was originally the GWC. I was then told the ticket office information only went back three years. I told him that would be a major disaster with fans like most of us here who have bought season tickets for decades through all the losing. I said that the previous system had also shortchanged people on the season ticket issue and when people complained they let us tell them when we started getting them and then gave us credit for that.

I also told him that Dannen was already losing the fan base as people feel he's become detached. I told him even the ever incompetent RD had taken advantage of social media and started posting monthly video's in which he discussed current issues that fans were interested in and that Dannen needed to start doing something similar. He was pleasant to talk to and said he appreciated the insight and was making notes. We' ll see what happens.
Here's what I've been told. 1pt for every season ticket and 1pt for every dollar given. So if you spend $300 on Football, $300 on Baseball and $300 on Basketball tickets you get 3pts. If you give $300 to the GWC you'll get 300pts.
Donations are worth much more than tickets.
I understand the need for a point system but IMO at this time it's more important to fill the stands and put the point system on the back burner.
Tulane Class of 1981
alumniwave
Low Tide

This is a very similar system for most univisrsities.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

alumniwave wrote:This is a very similar system for most univisrsities.
Other universities haven't completely sucked in athletics for close to 70 years now. So we have heard that argument from the administration before and no one is buying it. Until Tulane gets it right on their end there is no basis to fleece us long time die-hards. If they want to do this then when a season ticket cost $300 you should get 300 points. End of story.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
Other universities haven't completely sucked in athletics for close to 70 years now. So we have heard that argument from the administration before and no one is buying it. Until Tulane gets it right on their end there is no basis to fleece us long time die-hards. If they want to do this then when a season ticket cost $300 you should get 300 points. End of story.
+1
Couldn't have agreed more. Tulane still trying to get blood from a turnup instead of cultivating new ones. Lower season ticket prices if they are only worth 1point. Installing a point system at a 70 year losing program is comical. There's no ticket demand. Who cares about points.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I just logged onto my account at tulanegreenwave.com and I can find nothing about my point total. Where do you find this?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:
+1
Couldn't have agreed more. Tulane still trying to get blood from a turnup instead of cultivating new ones. Lower season ticket prices if they are only worth 1point. Installing a point system at a 70 year losing program is comical. There's no ticket demand. Who cares about points.
+1,000,000

I'm not a season ticket holder, but cannot fathom an athletics program with a LOUSY track record like Tulane has screwing loyal fans that have sat through decades of lousy teams on the gridiron and hardwood. THERE IS ZERO DEMAND. Yet they'll try to create fake demand at the expense of those that they should be thanking? Not a good move, Mr. Dannen.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V