Some Things Never Change

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

This letter was written to the TP Editor in September 1991. We had just had our heads handed to us by ULL in the Superdome.
It is amazing how the date could be changed and the letter would fit right in at this time!

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
timlan2057
Ripple

This line is especially relevant:

"While Tulane is a private university, it belongs to the city of New Orleans, and no one president or board should dictate its future."
LSUA Student, LSU Fan, , and Proud Tulane Band Parent
Bigschtick
Riptide

Very interesting. thank you for sharing this.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Eamon Kelly was the father of the modern "Tulane Model". It was idiotic in 1991 and continues to be a failed model in 2010. The only difference is that we now have 20 years of history showing how bad this model is. I wonder what we were ranked academically in 1991? I suspect it was a lot higher than we are now--one more victum of the "Tulane Model". It is amazing how after nearly 20 years, the issues are the same, and the incompetency in Gibson Hall is at least the same and probably worse.

Let's see. When it comes to private universities, Miami has figured it out, Baylor has figured it out, TCU has figured it out, Northwestern has figured it out, Stanford has figured it out, Tulsa has figured it out, SMU is figuring out, and Cowen continues to live life in an academic and athletic coma.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
St. Amant Wave
Ripple

As long as Scott Cowen is in charge at Tulane you will never experience the euphoria that the TCU fans experienced last night. :evil: It is time for all Tulane fans to stand up and shout to the BOA and to the heavens: WE ARE MAD AS HELL AND WE WON'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!!
timlan2057
Ripple

Where should we start?

It's good we have a message board to vent, but how do we get Gibson Hall's attention?

Petitions?

A peaceful demonstration? I'd drive down from Alexandria for it. It would be a start; anything to get this particular point of view in and on the news where it must be acknowledged.
LSUA Student, LSU Fan, , and Proud Tulane Band Parent
TURVS71
Swell

It's going to take the influential Tulane people to put the pressure on Cowen.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

timlan2057 wrote:Where should we start?

It's good we have a message board to vent, but how do we get Gibson Hall's attention?

Petitions?

A peaceful demonstration? I'd drive down from Alexandria for it. It would be a start; anything to get this particular point of view in and on the news where it must be acknowledged.
We start by showing Gibson Hall that we have numbers. If we can get a few thousand alumni together, it becomes hard to ignore the message. I'm trying to begin organizing this at New Wave, so please sign up for the Facebook page, follow on Twitter and send the blog around to other interested parties. Let's get this ball rolling and take back our University.
JTLiuzza
Swell

I can't stress enough how important jonathan's effort is. We first need a core of like minded alums/fans who are "networked." His is an effort to do just that.

I know a lot of older fans aren't dialed into how powerful the social media is and we've got fewer and fewer younger fans who do get it. Pass the links along to everyone you know.

Gotta get people together first, in numbers, then focus on a game plan.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote: We start by showing Gibson Hall that we have numbers. If we can get a few thousand alumni together, it becomes hard to ignore the message. I'm trying to begin organizing this at New Wave, so please sign up for the Facebook page, follow on Twitter and send the blog around to other interested parties. Let's get this ball rolling and take back our University.
If you're interested, we can get a domain name registered for New Wave, and it can be a general landing/info page with mission statement, listing New Wave's presence on the net (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) as well as offering an online petition, etc. Just thinking out loud. What do you think?
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
JTLiuzza
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote: We start by showing Gibson Hall that we have numbers. If we can get a few thousand alumni together, it becomes hard to ignore the message. I'm trying to begin organizing this at New Wave, so please sign up for the Facebook page, follow on Twitter and send the blog around to other interested parties. Let's get this ball rolling and take back our University.
If you're interested, we can get a domain name registered for New Wave, and it can be a general landing/info page with mission statement, listing New Wave's presence on the net (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) as well as offering an online petition, etc. Just thinking out loud. What do you think?
I think it's a good idea big steve.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.