Fall Camp 2017

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Ruski
Swell

Earlier start to football preseason practice embraced by Tulane

http://crescentcitysports.com/earlier-s ... -by-tulane

Debut of CrescentCitySports, NolaSport's replacement
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell

Anyone hear how Khalil McClain is looking?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
AugWave
Swell

Ugh. We really need an IPF.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

AugWave wrote:Ugh. We really need an IPF.
Coming on top of a building near you soon.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
Question...how is Tulane going to get NIMBY permission to basically construct a 6 to 8 story building on the proposed site...will that not also affect the amount of sun light the precious NIMBY's need to survive...I may be mistaken but they complained about the lack of sunlight or too much "shade" a second deck would cause on the west side will this building not be the same height as a second deck, if not higher ?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave
Top of the WAVE

That was posted above. :mrgreen:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
Question...how is Tulane going to get NIMBY permission to basically construct a 6 to 8 story building on the proposed site...will that not also affect the amount of sun light the precious NIMBY's need to survive...I may be mistaken but they complained about the lack of sunlight or too much "shade" a second deck would cause on the west side will this building not be the same height as a second deck, if not higher ?
We don't have a lot of information to work with. Haven't seen anything that said it would be 6-8 stories. It might not be higher than the stadium. Also just like the field that was there before it goes east -west rather than north- south. Also since only 1% has been raised they might not even know anything about it yet. The fight might be coming.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
We don't have a lot of information to work with. Haven't seen anything that said it would be 6-8 stories. It might not be higher than the stadium. Also just like the field that was there before it goes east -west rather than north- south. Also since only 1% has been raised they might not even know anything about it yet. The fight might be coming.
Well, Susan Guidry won't be there this time around, so we need to ask these candidates for Seat A: Joe Giarrusso, Tilman Hardy, Aylin Maklansky, Dan Ring, Drew Ward and Toyia Washington-Kendrick, if they would vote for Tulane.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
IPF's usually allow for the Passing,kicking and punting games to be practice...U sure as hell are not going to get in done with a 30 foot roof..and the IPF is going to be built above the First floor training center which will be at least 12 in height so u are looking at something 65 to 80 feet tall..and that is not taking into consideration of any 2nd story office or meeting rooms...if they are in the plans U are looking at 120 to 140 feet tall minimum
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Like I said they might not have wind of it yet.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

No need for IPF. Rain forces Wave to Saints IPF tonight.
https://twitter.com/greenwavefb/status/ ... 3949059072
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Ruski
Swell

Do they us the Saints IPF at all to sell recruits?

I found this video very intense/impressive:
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 3949059072 I would imagine a lot of kids would be stoked practicing at Saints field. And LA kids would lose their shit.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We do need one and it's why we are going to build one. There have been times where we lost practices to the weather b/c the Saints were using theirs. Secondly we get docked practice time for the travel time by NCAA rule. We can't show recruits that facility as it's not ours and not on campus. More importantly when it's on campus the players will have access to it at all times. With our rainy summers the players will never have to miss out on a summer workout. It's good that the Saints help us out but it will be better when it's our own new shiny facility.
Last edited by winwave on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:We do need one and it's why we are going to build one. There have been times where we lost practices to the weather b/c the Saints were using theirs. Secondly we get docked practice time for the travel time by NCAA rule. We can't show recruits that facility as it's not ours and not on campus. More importantly when it's on campus the players will have access to it at all times. With our rainy summers the players will never have to miss out on a summer workout. It's good that the Saints help us out but it will be better when it's our own new shiny facility.
For what it is going to cost to build an IPF you could dome Yulman with a weatherproof retractable fabic roof...
winwave
Top of the WAVE

And it would still be subpar and we wouldn't have the necessary support facilities that we have needed all along.
ccap05
Surge

golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
IPF's usually allow for the Passing,kicking and punting games to be practice...U sure as hell are not going to get in done with a 30 foot roof..and the IPF is going to be built above the First floor training center which will be at least 12 in height so u are looking at something 65 to 80 feet tall..and that is not taking into consideration of any 2nd story office or meeting rooms...if they are in the plans U are looking at 120 to 140 feet tall minimum
I don't consider myself an expert on this, but from what I understand the University of South Alabama just built and IPF that goes to just above ground level.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ccap05 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
I don't consider myself an expert on this, but from what I understand the University of South Alabama just built and IPF that goes to just above ground level.
i think South Bama,s IPF just collapsed
Ruski
Swell

ccap05 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
Engineering marvel!