Fall Camp 2017

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Players report Sunday and practice begins Monday.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Focus and Finish:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... bc8a8.html

There is a lot more in the paper covering key issues and position battles. It's finally here.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:Players report Sunday and practice begins Monday.
I am told 96 players reported Sunday
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom
Swell

Good to know that we only lost 1 player and it was at a deep position. Williams was a CJ prize recruit who didn't really pan out.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

from the equipment management crew...so it begins
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 7150871552
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jaxwave
Swell

Sure wish I could get excited about Tulane football but I feel like Charlie Brown holding football for Lucy.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

msdos
Swell

Jaxwave wrote:Sure wish I could get excited about Tulane football but I feel like Charlie Brown holding football for Lucy.
I feel the same way. I have never in my life cared less.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Get your program -changing numbers and positions:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 41853.html

Good news- The Advocate is stepping up their coverage as they will send Guerry Smith to all of our road games.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern
Riptide

Sophomore quarterback Johnathan Brantley has established himself as the clear No. 2 to junior-college transfer Jonathan Banks early in preseason practice.... Freshmen Khalil McClain and Dane Ledford were the third and fourth quarterbacks, getting half the number of reps as the top two.
Glen Cuiellette is no longer in the depth chart of the top 4 QBs.
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote:
Sophomore quarterback Johnathan Brantley has established himself as the clear No. 2 to junior-college transfer Jonathan Banks early in preseason practice.... Freshmen Khalil McClain and Dane Ledford were the third and fourth quarterbacks, getting half the number of reps as the top two.
The starter for most of last season isn't able to beat out two freshmen for third on the depth chart? Has our talent at QB improved that much?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:
The starter for most of last season isn't able to beat out two freshmen for third on the depth chart? Has our talent at QB improved that much?
I don't think our qb has improved that much as it was just THAT bad last season with GC. I appreciate that GC fought for every minute on the field, but he was just not good at all. It was certainly hair pulling frustration watching him try to pitch the ball.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:
Geez I hope Fritz knows what he doing with that.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Actually that's not true. That is just how they split the reps yesterday. The big news is that Brantley is looking much better throwing the ball. There is no question he is the best at running the triple option portion of this offense. He got mono and lost 20 pounds last season and had a sore arm. He's fully recovered now. So if Banks doesn't pan out or gets injured it does not appear as dire as it did at the end of spring ball.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:
suggestion...GC, I thank U for your efforts at QB, but, start taking reps at one of the Safety positions....who knows, U may become the next Steve Foley
Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
galvezwave
Swell

Glen was the most mature , had the most college experience under his belt, is a natural leader and seems to be a great kid. It stops there. He can't run this offense and would not have been recruited by fritz. If anyone watched any games at all it should be painfully obvious. He got us through year 1 and that's pretty much it. Great guy, but this offense ain't for him.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

winwave wrote:Actually that's not true. That is just how they split the reps yesterday. The big news is that Brantley is looking much better throwing the ball. There is no question he is the best at running the triple option portion of this offense. He got mono and lost 20 pounds last season and had a sore arm. He's fully recovered now. So if Banks doesn't pan out or gets injured it does not appear as dire as it did at the end of spring ball.
That's a very good sign. I really like how smooth Brantley runs with his long strides. He definitely has the speed to attack the edges and was competent at pitching the ball but missing the passing game. I hope he continues to improve cause it sounds like he might be our answer to life after Mr banks.
RobertM320
Green Wave

And don't forget, Fritz likes to have multiple QBs capable of running the offense, and he'll use more than one. And in this offense, the QB takes a pounding so you better have a backup. And McClain could turn out to be a solid one as well. One day at a time, folks, one day at a time.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson