Fall Camp 2017

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote:
ccap05 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
AugWave wrote:Ugh. We really need an IPF.
Coming on top of a building near you soon.
Question...how is Tulane going to get NIMBY permission to basically construct a 6 to 8 story building on the proposed site...will that not also affect the amount of sun light the precious NIMBY's need to survive...I may be mistaken but they complained about the lack of sunlight or too much "shade" a second deck would cause on the west side will this building not be the same height as a second deck, if not higher ?
We don't have a lot of information to work with. Haven't seen anything that said it would be 6-8 stories. It might not be higher than the stadium. Also just like the field that was there before it goes east -west rather than north- south. Also since only 1% has been raised they might not even know anything about it yet. The fight might be coming.
IPF's usually allow for the Passing,kicking and punting games to be practice...U sure as hell are not going to get in done with a 30 foot roof..and the IPF is going to be built above the First floor training center which will be at least 12 in height so u are looking at something 65 to 80 feet tall..and that is not taking into consideration of any 2nd story office or meeting rooms...if they are in the plans U are looking at 120 to 140 feet tall minimum
I don't consider myself an expert on this, but from what I understand the University of South Alabama just built and IPF that goes to just above ground level.
Engineering marvel!

Harvery Updyke has moved on from poison, to "heavy equipment" demolition

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DrBox
Riptide

. Cowen and Dickson catered to the NIMBYs...but they aren't in charge.
That "interim zoning" nonsense was all Susan Guidry; she had no real support on that (some temporary courtesy votes); but basically all of the African American council members accurately identified it as nonsense from the start.
High School teams are playing there; the Saints are practicing on a Sunday night.
Fitts and Dannen can give the NIMBYs some superficial courtesy. But that's it. I don't think Fitts and Dannen give a flip about the NIMBYS. And rightly so.
Eaglewave
Swell

AugWave! It must be football season! We haven't seen ya! Next up, a confidence builder vs Grambling State.
Ball Sumrall!
ccap05
Surge

golfnut69 wrote:
ccap05 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
Question...how is Tulane going to get NIMBY permission to basically construct a 6 to 8 story building on the proposed site...will that not also affect the amount of sun light the precious NIMBY's need to survive...I may be mistaken but they complained about the lack of sunlight or too much "shade" a second deck would cause on the west side will this building not be the same height as a second deck, if not higher ?
We don't have a lot of information to work with. Haven't seen anything that said it would be 6-8 stories. It might not be higher than the stadium. Also just like the field that was there before it goes east -west rather than north- south. Also since only 1% has been raised they might not even know anything about it yet. The fight might be coming.
IPF's usually allow for the Passing,kicking and punting games to be practice...U sure as hell are not going to get in done with a 30 foot roof..and the IPF is going to be built above the First floor training center which will be at least 12 in height so u are looking at something 65 to 80 feet tall..and that is not taking into consideration of any 2nd story office or meeting rooms...if they are in the plans U are looking at 120 to 140 feet tall minimum
I don't consider myself an expert on this, but from what I understand the University of South Alabama just built and IPF that goes to just above ground level.
i think South Bama,s IPF just collapsed
Collapsed is just above ground level.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

ccap05 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
ccap05 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
i think South Bama,s IPF just collapsed
Collapsed is just above ground level.
:lol:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

A couple of things to note:

1. Home games- our team is going to start staying at a hotel the night before our home games.

2. Fritz said Hunter Knighton, a graduate transfer offensive lineman from Miami, has a sprained right knee and will be out two to three weeks, Knighton, the backup to Junior Diaz at center, had a brace on the knee Monday... please please please please stay healthy Mr. Diaz. The O-line play was just not the same after you went down.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:

1. Home games- our team is going to start staying at a hotel the night before our home games.
Tulane had a good deal and used to stay at the Doubletree Hotel in the past but that was when we played our home games at the Dome. I don't know if we stayed in a hotel the first year at Yulman. I need to check that out.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:

Tulane had a good deal and used to stay at the Doubletree Hotel in the past but that was when we played our home games at the Dome. I don't know if we stayed in a hotel the first year at Yulman. I need to check that out.
Back in the day, Tulane had an agreement with Hilton Hotel Properties of which DoubleTree is one of their brands...then again, Tom Bodell always has a light on at Motel 6, with the "Low Price Guarantee"
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ruski
Swell

OL depth chart looks like:

LT Leglue
LG Brown
C Diaz, Knighton, Briggs
RG Briggs, Dublin
RT McLeod, T. Johnson

Not mentioned in the article are Brian Webb, Devon Johnson, John Washington (listed as OL on school website), Cameron Jackel, or Joey Claybrook.
Ruski
Swell

Interesting:
Although Fritz did not release the results following Monday morning’s practice at Yulman Stadium, the early beneficiaries appear to be true freshmen. Linebackers Monty Montgomery and KJ Vault received some reps with the first-team defense, and Chase Kuerschen played safety on the second unit.

Corey Dublin, a freshman offensive lineman from Jesuit, also is pushing for playing time, as are freshman cornerbacks Jaylon Monroe and Willie Langham. Their emergence has allowed the coaches to experiment with sophomore P.J. Hall at safety, giving him experience at three positions after practicing at cornerback and nickelback in the past.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Very interesting that so many true freshman are pushing their way into playing time roles and into the 2 deep depth charts. This class that was panned by the ranking services (and many here) may turn out to be one that's long on addressing needs, if short on adding ratings services stars and high grades.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:Very interesting that so many true freshman are pushing their way into playing time roles and into the 2 deep depth charts. This class that was panned by the ranking services (and many here) may turn out to be one that's long on addressing needs, if short on adding ratings services stars and high grades.
Forever a "young" team...
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
RobertM320
Green Wave

NOLABigSteve wrote:
DfromCT wrote:Very interesting that so many true freshman are pushing their way into playing time roles and into the 2 deep depth charts. This class that was panned by the ranking services (and many here) may turn out to be one that's long on addressing needs, if short on adding ratings services stars and high grades.
But, if you trust Fritz as an evaluator, then as long as freshmen keep pushing for playing time, that means each recruiting class is better than the last one.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote:
I hear you, Steve. I'm a big proponent of looking at the two deep depth chart and seeing how many upperclassmen are on it to predict how a season will go. See my posts from last summer when I was panned for saying we would only win 4 games. Yes, we COULD have won more, but factors such as inexperience, inexperience in a brand new system, and players recruited for an entirely different offense held us back.

How often did we hear Fritz say "We need more football players that can compete at the D1 level"? We have found a few more. We'll be young, and it may be that we're improved but with no better record this year than last. But we're building. It is going to take a couple of upsets, but I don't think 6 wins is out of the question, as I did a year ago (despite a much tougher schedule in 2017.)
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

OUG
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:
NOLABigSteve wrote:
I hear you, Steve. I'm a big proponent of looking at the two deep depth chart and seeing how many upperclassmen are on it to predict how a season will go. See my posts from last summer when I was panned for saying we would only win 4 games. Yes, we COULD have won more, but factors such as inexperience, inexperience in a brand new system, and players recruited for an entirely different offense held us back.

How often did we hear Fritz say "We need more football players that can compete at the D1 level"? We have found a few more. We'll be young, and it may be that we're improved but with no better record this year than last. But we're building. It is going to take a couple of upsets, but I don't think 6 wins is out of the question, as I did a year ago (despite a much tougher schedule in 2017.)
There is a difference between being inexperienced because you HAVE to start Freshman (due to recruiting gaps/failures, academics, attrition, etc) and inexperience because Freshman are beating more older guys out in position battles. I'm fine with the latter. There have been a lot of players at Tulane with low-rankings as recruits that came in and bullied their way up the depth chart, and several of those guys went on to play in the NFL.

I think our division is damn tough this year, and if we were in the East I'd comfortably predict a bowl game. Right now I'm going to say we win 5 and look competitive doing it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Issues:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... fe66a.html

Gotta get tougher mentally and the offensive line has to get better.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

wave97
Swell

winwave wrote:Issues:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... fe66a.html

Gotta get tougher mentally and the offensive line has to get better.
I love Coach Fritz' attitude about acclimating to the heat & humidity as essentially a mindset. An IPF would be an asset for recruiting, but a hindrance for taking advantage of the hellish conditions of South Louisiana in September.
wave97
Swell

Ruski wrote:
OL depth chart looks like:

LT Leglue
LG Brown
C Diaz, Knighton, Briggs
RG Briggs, Dublin
RT McLeod, T. Johnson

Not mentioned in the article are Brian Webb, Devon Johnson, John Washington (listed as OL on school website), Cameron Jackel, or Joey Claybrook.
Could John Washington transition back to the D-Line? Or is it once a bovine, always a bovine?