2017 Volleyball

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10326
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Online

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby winwave » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:38 am

Good to hear . Congrats. If only we could win in the two sports that count.


It's the facilities stupid!

alumniwave
Low Tide
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:36 am
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby alumniwave » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:52 am

I did not think Tulane had a shot against OU as young as Tulane is without their best player. And I didn't think Tulane could beat Navy.

Huge win for the Volleyball program.

Football almost pulled it off with their quarterback out. Navy is really good. Tulane fans should not hang their head from that effort.



localvb
Low Tide
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby localvb » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:00 am

Kaylie Mchugh gets the American Ath Conference player of the week!
Rare to see a Libero get MVP.
She is one of the best I've ever seen.



localvb
Low Tide
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby localvb » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:22 pm

The Wave VB team is home again this weekend to improve on their 5-0 home record. This is the shocker team of the year in the AAC so far. Picked 9th after losing all the seniors and their best player to a knee injury, the Wave is in 1st place after 3 weeks with a 8-2 record.

I'll be there Friday and tailgating on Saturday before the North Florida game. Fun group of fans tailgated last weekend.
Hope the fans get there to see this team.



DrBox
Riptide
Posts: 3010
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby DrBox » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:30 pm

Well the program is obviously in great hands and the trend is up.
It did seem to me, however, that the pre-conference schedule was a tad light. Oklahoma is a nice name to beat, but they aren't very good. Didn't play many road games either.
Hopefully we'll do well in league play.



golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 6897
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby golfnut69 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:42 pm

DrBox wrote:Well the program is obviously in great hands and the trend is up.
It did seem to me, however, that the pre-conference schedule was a tad light. Oklahoma is a nice name to beat, but they aren't very good. Didn't play many road games either.
Hopefully we'll do well in league play.


Doc...c'mon any win over a PEE team is a good win, no matter the sport !!!...Give the young ladies some damn credit !!!


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

DrBox
Riptide
Posts: 3010
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby DrBox » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:18 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
DrBox wrote:Well the program is obviously in great hands and the trend is up.
It did seem to me, however, that the pre-conference schedule was a tad light. Oklahoma is a nice name to beat, but they aren't very good. Didn't play many road games either.
Hopefully we'll do well in league play.


Doc...c'mon any win over a PEE team is a good win, no matter the sport !!!...Give the young ladies some damn credit !!!

I did give them credit. But I don't patronize either. Oklahoma is 3-8



golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 6897
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby golfnut69 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:09 pm

DrBox wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
DrBox wrote:Well the program is obviously in great hands and the trend is up.
It did seem to me, however, that the pre-conference schedule was a tad light. Oklahoma is a nice name to beat, but they aren't very good. Didn't play many road games either.
Hopefully we'll do well in league play.


Doc...c'mon any win over a PEE team is a good win, no matter the sport !!!...Give the young ladies some damn credit !!!

I did give them credit. But I don't patronize either. Oklahoma is 3-8


6 L's are to...Tulane...Maryland 11-0 ..Georgia 9-3...Seton Hall 6-4...Colorado 7-1....Ohio 6-5 with L's to Georgia - VCU- Virginia ....

....


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

localvb
Low Tide
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby localvb » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:33 pm

Some of the freshmen seem to be struggling a little but the Wave still get it done with a sweep 3-0 today. Championship match tonight at 7pm vs North Florida. Wave are 7-0 at home!!



alumniwave
Low Tide
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:36 am
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby alumniwave » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:32 pm

Watched online. This is turning into a great great story. Team loses 5 seniors. Loses their best player to injury before the 1st game. Starts 4 freshmen. Win another championship and finish the non conference schedule 11-2. 8-0 at home With big wins vs Souther Miss and Oklahoma. Best record in the American Ath Conf.

Will be interesting to see if the freshmen can keep it up and they can stay injury free.



localvb
Low Tide
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby localvb » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:04 pm

Heard about this and wonder why Tulane/media doesn't write about it because it's a good story. On the 1st play of the championship game last Saturday Alexis Silver turned her ankle badly. She's been one of the top hitters for this young team. The team still swept UNF 3-0. Which is impressive.
The bad news is if she will likely not be playing this weekend on the teams 1st conference games. Don't know if they can keep the magic up especially without Silver but we will see.



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 11 guests