2017 Volleyball

golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7106
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby golfnut69 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:37 pm

As a former "Line Judge / Ref " for the Tulane games and I loved it...fast paced and the effort buy all players was always outstanding....if you have the opportunity, I highly suggest a "Nite at the Net"...hell I just gave TD and the Greenbackers a "promo idea "...go to the games, U will not be disappointed !!!


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

localvb
Low Tide
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby localvb » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:12 pm

Great game with Tulane serving for the winning point. Up 14-13 in the 5th and serving to win the match and Kern didn't make her serve and the team losses
16-14. Tough, tough one to lose but also some much improved play by Tulane which is a good sign. Probably the youngest team in the country and definitely the youngest in the conference. Still gotta finish off games like that when you have the chance.



localvb
Low Tide
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby localvb » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Tulane playing USF tonight at home. Before the season, when Tulane lost their best player Ray and had lost 5 seniors, I expected this to be a huge rebuilding year. Figured 12-14 wins would be max. Well they started out great and upset a couple good teams like Oklahoma, Southern Miss and Miss state and were 12-4, so I thought it might be a magical year. But starting 4 freshmen has taken its toll and they are barely coming up short lately. They have leads but can't hold them.

Hope to tonight they can hold on and put the Bulls away. I'm sure they need it for their confidence.

All I Know is the 2018 class is a top 30 class in the country and will do great things.



puffy
Surge
Posts: 514
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:14 am
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby puffy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:57 pm

What happened to Ray? I noticed she was no longer on the roster a few weeks ago.



golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7106
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby golfnut69 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:18 pm

puffy wrote:What happened to Ray? I noticed she was no longer on the roster a few weeks ago.


noted on page one of this topic she has been "medically released"....no other details were provided, but it has been my experience, this is an Heart issue


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

dpm wave
Surge
Posts: 896
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:43 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby dpm wave » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:35 pm

What happened to localvb? Didn't want to keep us posted on the 1-9 run they've had?



lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby lurker123 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:30 pm

dpm wave wrote:What happened to localvb? Didn't want to keep us posted on the 1-9 run they've had?



??? I am truly curious. What purpose does this post serve?



User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2541
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby Show Me » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:39 pm

lurker123 wrote:
dpm wave wrote:What happened to localvb? Didn't want to keep us posted on the 1-9 run they've had?



??? I am truly curious. What purpose does this post serve?

You of all people asking this? You’d be the first to say a real Tulane fan would continue to post and support good or bad. Not disappear on the team when they’re 1-9.



lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby lurker123 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:02 pm

Show Me wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
dpm wave wrote:What happened to localvb? Didn't want to keep us posted on the 1-9 run they've had?



??? I am truly curious. What purpose does this post serve?

You of all people asking this? You’d be the first to say a real Tulane fan would continue to post and support good or bad. Not disappear on the team when they’re 1-9.


Thanks. I understand better. You are right. We should support Tulane where we can and sometimes it's hard for all of us.

But that's not the point I took from it. So I asked instead of jumping to a conclusion. I wanted to make sure it was not disappointing snark and mockery from a Tulane fan to another Tulane fan who has tried to build interest in a minor sport which is now clearly going through a bad patch. Glad to know I was wrong.



User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2541
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby Show Me » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:14 pm

lurker123 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
dpm wave wrote:What happened to localvb? Didn't want to keep us posted on the 1-9 run they've had?



??? I am truly curious. What purpose does this post serve?

You of all people asking this? You’d be the first to say a real Tulane fan would continue to post and support good or bad. Not disappear on the team when they’re 1-9.


Thanks. I understand better. You are right. We should support Tulane where we can and sometimes it's hard for all of us.

But that's not the point I took from it. So I asked instead of jumping to a conclusion. I wanted to make sure it was not disappointing snark and mockery from a Tulane fan to another Tulane fan who has tried to build interest in a minor sport which is now clearly going through a bad patch. Glad to know I was wrong.

HAHA. You’re probably right. It now looks like a snark remark. Oh well. I hadn’t read it that way. I thought he may have just quit going or posting because we stink.



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16628
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby tpstulane » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:25 pm

Reading this thread made me think of my late dad. Well before the internet was around he relied on phone calls from coaches to give him scores from teams around the state to make the press for the next day’s paper. One coach whom will remain nameless never called in with his score after a loss. NEVER. (Not football) So my dad would always know his team lost because he failed to call him with the score. The coach knew by not calling it in it wouldn’t be printed in the paper so sports fans would not know his team lost. It became a running joke with all the sports writers at the States Item in the late 1960’s. “Coach ______ must have lost because he didn’t call in his score”.
I’ll always remember that story. Some of these comments put that story back in my head. Thanks for the memories guys!


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby lurker123 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:57 am

tpstulane wrote:Reading this thread made me think of my late dad. Well before the internet was around he relied on phone calls from coaches to give him scores from teams around the state to make the press for the next day’s paper. One coach whom will remain nameless never called in with his score after a loss. NEVER. (Not football) So my dad would always know his team lost because he failed to call him with the score. The coach knew by not calling it in it wouldn’t be printed in the paper so sports fans would not know his team lost. It became a running joke with all the sports writers at the States Item in the late 1960’s. “Coach ______ must have lost because he didn’t call in his score”.
I’ll always remember that story. Some of these comments put that story back in my head. Thanks for the memories guys!


Funny story. Who likes losing? We should always man-up about it (or i guess "person-up" in today speak?) However there can sometimes be a fine line between looking at facts in an unvarnished manner and acting accordingly versus glorifying in the losing and then acting like it doesn't matter. Next thing you know you've slipped into self-loathing whether unwitting or not.



localvb
Low Tide
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby localvb » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:09 am

Glad to see you missed me:)

Been a little busy with my team in the playoffs. Missed this weekends Tulane matches, however this doesn’t surprise me. This shows just how bad the state of the VB program became. With 5 seniors Coach Barnes had the biggest turn around into the country but behind those seniors was almost zero talent. And they are the youngest team in the AAC as well. Not a good combination for any team. McHugh is a very special talent and a few more can play but the future looks incredible with the incoming classes the new coaches are bringing in. After this season I see the program becoming a consistent 20 win program and top 3 in AAC yearly.



localvb
Low Tide
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:23 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2017 Volleyball

Postby localvb » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:33 pm

This 2018 class is easily one of the top 40 classes in the country. 5 impact players coming in. Heard 2 or 3 of them are coming early, Spring semester.

The team is in Florida playing UCF and USF this weekend. Good luck ladies.



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ccap05 and 16 guests