Tulane / Yulman and High School Football

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Looks like Tulane will host at least 6 prep games in 2018.

http://wgno.com/2018/04/27/six-pack-tul ... n-stadium/

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good to hear.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The Shrine on Airline prep deal must not have been renewed. Curtis played 4 games there last season.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

LMAO...usage agreement between Tulane and the City of New Orleans....F#@K New Orleans and the agreement
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DrBox
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:19 pm LMAO...usage agreement between Tulane and the City of New Orleans....F#@K New Orleans and the agreement
Although I'm not a big fan of high school games at Yulman, amen to this sentiment.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... e5066.html

There is a lot to this article that maybe should be posted elsewhere. But my point is that nine high school games along with playoff games will be on TU’s campus stadium. This is huge for local recruits, parents, coaches and fans (actual and potential). We should be reaching out to the community in anyway possible. This is great!!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It has been posted in the game thread but certainly belongs here too. The Shrine on Airline just didn't turnout to be a good set up for football much to our benefit. They have some good matchups there especially with our QB commit Ibieta going against Archie's grandson Arch Manning.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:52 am It has been posted in the game thread but certainly belongs here too. The Shrine on Airline just didn't turnout to be a good set up for football much to our benefit. They have some good matchups there especially with our QB commit Ibieta going against Archie's grandson Arch Manning.
I have zero issues with the high schools at Yulman...but for the city of NOLA, who F#@ked over Tulane at the request of a few "entitled" individuals. PISSES ME OFF !!! ......Screw them all, if I had the bucks, they would all be gone......
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:31 am
winwave wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:52 am It has been posted in the game thread but certainly belongs here too. The Shrine on Airline just didn't turnout to be a good set up for football much to our benefit. They have some good matchups there especially with our QB commit Ibieta going against Archie's grandson Arch Manning.
I have zero issues with the high schools at Yulman...but for the city of NOLA, who F#@ked over Tulane at the request of a few "entitled" individuals. PISSES ME OFF !!! ......Screw them all, if I had the bucks, they would all be gone......
THIS!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think we should only schedule schools with big marching bands that want to play before and after the games. Band parents will increase the crowd size, and the noise level may encourage the NIMBYs to want a taller addition to block out the sound. F them. Do anything to disturb their world. They bought houses knowing exactly where they were buying.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Ruski
Swell

Arch Manning apparently had a hell of a debut. I think we should offer him now, if nothing else for the PR.

https://www.nola.com/sports/high_school ... 13222.html
DrBox
Riptide

It was that one council-person and Tulane caved. The majority of the Council would have been fine with Tulane doing whatever it wanted.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DrBox wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:15 am

It was that one council-person and Tulane caved. The majority of the Council would have been fine with Tulane doing whatever it wanted.
The one council person, dictated to all other's on the council, they are just as guilty as that BITCH...in my opinion her and all others got paid off....They ALL represented NOLA, so ALL of them are as guilty as that BITCH.....
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:25 am
DrBox wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:15 am

The one council person, dictated to all other's on the council, they are just as guilty as that BITCH...in my opinion her and all others got paid off....They ALL represented NOLA, so ALL of them are as guilty as that BITCH.....
+10000000

Tulane is the largest private employer in the City of New Orleans. Those people bought their houses knowing full well where they were located. Tulane should have swung their weight, and if need be threatened to have all students register to vote against that particular council-woman. Cow/Dick caved instead.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Ruski wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:22 am
Arch Manning apparently had a hell of a debut. I think we should offer him now, if nothing else for the PR.

https://www.nola.com/sports/high_school ... 13222.html
I was at the game because my friend's son plays for Lusher. While those stats are impressive it really is low-level competition. Arch Manning was pretty much the biggest kid on the field and that includes his offensive lineman. And calling three short kids within ten yards "triple coverage" is a bit of a stretch.

I have no doubt that if the Manning kid stays injury-free he will one day make it big but last night wasn'tmuch of a test for him.
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Archie on Arch. “Best of the bunch” at this stage.
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3832752002
Tulane Class of 1981
Ruski
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:45 pm Archie on Arch. “Best of the bunch” at this stage.
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3832752002
Arch + Will Hall 2024!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bring in every level of HS Playoff finals. Invite the Southern and Grambling Bands. Make it loud, make it obnoxious, make it uncomfortable for the NIMBY's . F them.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BTW, another game was played there last night between Curtis and Brother Martin. Curtis crushed them.
JTLiuzza
Swell

On Ed Daniel's 'Friday Night Football" show last night, co-hosted by J.T. Curtis, Ed asked Coach Curtis about a meeting that took place regarding the use of Yulman for the post season. Coach Curtis said there were a number of schools at the meeting, but he wouldn't name them or relate anything they said. But he did say that if Curtis was in the championship game, they would play at Yulman.

Couldn't find the show on the WGNO site or anywhere else, but that's what he said.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Stop the madness...inelegible players...I think not....one player was taking advantage of a John Curtis type red shirt program...and some others, who may have been enrolled elsewhere were using "The Select A School" program, just like many others in metro nola

https://www.nola.com/sports/high_school ... 24886.html
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Looks like the days of playing high school FB at Yulman are over unless they waive the $15,000 rental fee for poor NOLA public school teams.
https://clarionherald.org/news/bye-bye- ... a-facelift
When available, Strawberry Stadium at Southeastern is very reasonable at less than $3,000, but it’s still a 60-mile trip to Hammond. And, as for future games at Yulman Stadium, Tulane has made it known that the high schools are no longer welcome by putting a $15,000 price tag on the rental fee.
Tulane Class of 1981