Women's Tennis ends 2 month long search for new HC

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
dpm wave
Swell

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/6/ ... ?path=wten

Her coaching resume:

2008-10: Graduate Assistant Coach at Auburn University - Montgomery (NAIA)
2013-17: Assistant Coach at Clemson University
:shock:

Oh, and she was awarded "most improved player" her freshman year while on Clemson's team.

Meanwhile, the 2015 national asst. coach of the year from Vanderbilt (10 years as the asst. coach) returns to Vandy to maintain her asst. role.
Too bad, Dannen didn't have a Vandy connection to try and lure her into a higher paying more prominent job. Oh, wait.

Or perhaps, the 2016 national asst. coach of the year from Auburn.

Tulane recruiting rankings were consistently Top 5 for "mid-majors" from 2008-2015, but the past two years were ranked #20 and #22 for the "mid-majors."

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I wish the young lady all the best...but the most interesting aspect of the "bio" was her time in Mandeville , I wonder what connection that has with Tulane !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jaxwave
Swell

Looks to me like Dannen saved two months of salary there.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote:Looks to me like Dannen saved two months of salary there.
Tulane's fiscal year ends June 30th. Makes sense.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
wavemania
Surge

Forgive my ignorance, but what happened to the previous head coach?
DrBox
Riptide

dpm wave wrote:http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/6/ ... ?path=wten

Her coaching resume:

Oh, and she was awarded "most improved player" her freshman year while on Clemson's team.

Meanwhile, the 2015 national asst. coach of the year from Vanderbilt (10 years as the asst. coach) returns to Vandy to maintain her asst. role.
Too bad, Dannen didn't have a Vandy connection to try and lure her into a higher paying more prominent job. Oh, wait.

Tulane recruiting rankings were consistently Top 5 for "mid-majors" from 2008-2015, but the past two years were ranked #20 and #22 for the "mid-majors."
What exactly is your complaint? She has credentials. You are so sure that THIS long term Vandy assistant is the "real deal." Or just the usual "hey I can bash Tulane" soapbox stuff.
The prior coach resigned. She didn't get Tulane to the NCAAs in 10 years of trying.
Show Me
Tsunami

DrBox wrote:
dpm wave wrote:http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/6/ ... ?path=wten

Her coaching resume:

What exactly is your complaint? She has credentials. You are so sure that THIS long term Vandy assistant is the "real deal." Or just the usual "hey I can bash Tulane" soapbox stuff.
The prior coach resigned. She didn't get Tulane to the NCAAs in 10 years of trying.
She's been waiting 10 years for a facility. At least 22-7 with no facility is pretty good record.
Charlie Dunn
Ripple

We do need a new tennis facility. I haven't heard anything in awhile on the so called athletic village. That's pretty frustrating.