Steve Lewerenz commits

golfnut69
Tsunami

Steve Lewerenz commits

Postby golfnut69 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:13 pm

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

msdos
Swell

Re: Steve Lewerenz commits

Postby msdos » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:26 pm

beat out such powerhouses like Liberty and Stetson

JerseyWave
Riptide

Postby JerseyWave » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:28 pm

That list of offers is deeply concerning. Fritz gets a failing grade in recruiting at Tulane so far.

ajcalhoun
Swell

Postby ajcalhoun » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:52 pm

msdos wrote:beat out such powerhouses like Liberty and Stetson

And Stetson offered twice!

Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee or Andy Cannizaro.

DfromCT
Riptide

Postby DfromCT » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:58 pm

JerseyWave wrote:That list of offers is deeply concerning. Fritz gets a failing grade in recruiting at Tulane so far.

In the court of public opinion, which means NOTHING, he may indeed be failing. But let's see if the kids he brings in can play. CJ had his class of "big thumpers" for the OL. They stunk and continue to stink. Who cares if the ratings services or other colleges want the young men? I care about if they can play the game. BLOCK SOMEBODY! Something our O-Line has been challenged to do for a long time now.

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:50 pm

DfromCT wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:That list of offers is deeply concerning. Fritz gets a failing grade in recruiting at Tulane so far.

In the court of public opinion, which means NOTHING, he may indeed be failing. But let's see if the kids he brings in can play. CJ had his class of "big thumpers" for the OL. They stunk and continue to stink. Who cares if the ratings services or other colleges want the young men? I care about if they can play the game. BLOCK SOMEBODY! Something our O-Line has been challenged to do for a long time now.

Yep...So Miss used that method with pretty good success..recruit to your scheme, and to hell what others think

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

wave97
Swell

Postby wave97 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:43 am

UTSA signed Tanzel's Brother Keeyon. That young man can play, I wish him nothing but success.

DfromCT
Riptide

Postby DfromCT » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:27 am

wave97 wrote:UTSA signed Tanzel's Brother Keeyon. That young man can play, I wish him nothing but success.

Didn't he originally commit to Tulane? Or did he have another brother that I'm confusing (or am I just confused?)

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

Aberzombie1892
Swell

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:39 am

DfromCT wrote:
wave97 wrote:UTSA signed Tanzel's Brother Keeyon. That young man can play, I wish him nothing but success.

Didn't he originally commit to Tulane? Or did he have another brother that I'm confusing (or am I just confused?)

You are correct. He did not return for spring drills after CJ was replaced with Fritz in 2016. It also seems that he may have also had eligibility issues.

http://247sports.com/Player/Keeyon-Smar ... ion=150457
http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 41820.html

Bigschtick
Swell

Postby Bigschtick » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:48 am

DfromCT wrote:

Exactly!

Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:14 am

Bigschtick wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

Exactly!

I think we misunderstood what CJ said, we heard "Big Thumpers"....he actually said "Big Blubbers"...

GreenPuddleSplash
Surge

Postby GreenPuddleSplash » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:32 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

Exactly!

I think we misunderstood what CJ said, we heard "Big Thumpers"....he actually said "Big Blubbers"...

Ha exactly Golf. Anyone who watched any of our games last season saw that our o-line looked slow and out of shape compared to our competition. The supposed road graders we were supposed to have under CJ turned out to be road kill.

HoustonWave
Swell

Postby HoustonWave » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:12 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

Yep...So Miss used that method with pretty good success..recruit to your scheme, and to hell what others think

So did Bill Yeoman at UH. He recruited players (primarily from east Texas) that nobody wanted or had even heard of--but they could sure run Yeoman's Veer offense.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

HoustonWave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

So did Bill Yeoman at UH. He recruited players (primarily from east Texas) that nobody wanted or had even heard of--but they could sure run Yeoman's Veer offense.

U are correct sir...my cousin played for Yeoman, went there as a QB but played DB back in the day....I may be incorrect, but when UH was admitted into the SWC, the SWC ruled they could not be eligible for the Football Championship their first year, if I remember UH went undefeated that first season in conference play...I also think they won 3 of the first 4 SWC titles they were eligible for..not bad for not recruiting "name" players

wave97
Swell

Postby wave97 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:43 pm

In Coach Fritz, Coach Ruse & Coach Atkins I trust. The value of the scheme element in the r/o spread has waned particularly if you do not have a remarkably well-suited QB (Deshaun Watson, Cam Newton, Shaun King), nothing else seems to matter.
Last edited by wave97 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wave97
Swell

Postby wave97 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:53 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

U are correct sir...my cousin played for Yeoman, went there as a QB but played DB back in the day....I may be incorrect, but when UH was admitted into the SWC, the SWC ruled they could not be eligible for the Football Championship their first year, if I remember UH went undefeated that first season in conference play...I also think they won 3 of the first 4 SWC titles they were eligible for..not bad for not recruiting "name" players

That lasted for a decade, or so, like the r/o spread & Rich Rod's ascension. Everything gets caught up with. Talent & execution seems to never go out of style.

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:43 pm

but for a misguided Texas GuvNuh, UH would be in the Big 12...but she insisted her alma mater Baylor be included, so that dumped UH...all things being equal, UH was still in the mix, but Tx Tech made more geographical sense for Colorado and Iowa State and in some small way OU and OSU...so UH got the ax

wave97
Swell

Postby wave97 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:55 pm

golfnut69 wrote:but for a misguided Texas GuvNuh, UH would be in the Big 12...but she insisted her alma mater Baylor be included, so that dumped UH...all things being equal, UH was still in the mix, but Tx Tech made more geographical sense for Colorado and Iowa State and in some small way OU and OSU...so UH got the ax

I hear you loudly & clearly! In spite of all demographic data, the inclusion of a bunch of overly repressed Baptists in Waco somehow prevailed?

BC Wave
Surge

Postby BC Wave » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:29 pm

Just wait when his P-I-L, Edie Germet enters camp

wave97
Swell

Postby wave97 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:54 pm

BC Wave wrote:Just wait when his P-I-L, Edie Germet enters camp

Steve & Edie don't do it for ya?

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:56 pm

wave97 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:but for a misguided Texas GuvNuh, UH would be in the Big 12...but she insisted her alma mater Baylor be included, so that dumped UH...all things being equal, UH was still in the mix, but Tx Tech made more geographical sense for Colorado and Iowa State and in some small way OU and OSU...so UH got the ax

I hear you loudly & clearly! In spite of all demographic data, the inclusion of a bunch of overly repressed Baptists in Waco somehow prevailed?

and I forgot about Nebraska, with Iowa State and Colorado

DfromCT
Riptide

Postby DfromCT » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:02 am

BC Wave wrote:Just wait when his P-I-L, Edie Germet enters camp

What the heck is a P-I-L?