MLB Draft & Tulane

McWave
Low Tide
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:45 am
Status: Offline

MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby McWave » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Doesn't appear to me any current players were drafted in the first 10 rounds. Anyone know if incoming recruits were drafted yet either?



User avatar
chain gang x man
Surge
Posts: 902
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby chain gang x man » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:36 pm

McWave wrote:Doesn't appear to me any current players were drafted in the first 10 rounds. Anyone know if incoming recruits were drafted yet either?

None
Kalib Roper listed in the top 200
Big money rounds are over



Profoundwizard
Surge
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby Profoundwizard » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:08 am

chain gang x man wrote:
McWave wrote:Doesn't appear to me any current players were drafted in the first 10 rounds. Anyone know if incoming recruits were drafted yet either?

None
Kalib Roper listed in the top 200
Big money rounds are over


Where did you see that?



User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2558
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby Show Me » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:14 am

McWave wrote:Doesn't appear to me any current players were drafted in the first 10 rounds. Anyone know if incoming recruits were drafted yet either?

Nope. Blame Pierce.
:o
Just kidding. All that means is that we are going to be terrible next season.



User avatar
chain gang x man
Surge
Posts: 902
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby chain gang x man » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:29 am

Profoundwizard wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:
McWave wrote:Doesn't appear to me any current players were drafted in the first 10 rounds. Anyone know if incoming recruits were drafted yet either?

None
Kalib Roper listed in the top 200
Big money rounds are over


Where did you see that?

sorry not in top 200 just listed under RHP
Appears to be the only prospect listed on MLB tracker list



anEngineer
High Tide
Posts: 264
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby anEngineer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:00 am

Show Me wrote:
McWave wrote:Doesn't appear to me any current players were drafted in the first 10 rounds. Anyone know if incoming recruits were drafted yet either?

Nope. Blame Pierce.
:o
Just kidding. All that means is that we are going to be terrible next season.


Already complaining about next season. Maybe try Xanax or start following a different school.



DaveBrownStreak
Low Tide
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:39 am
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby DaveBrownStreak » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:04 am

anEngineer wrote:
Show Me wrote:
McWave wrote:Doesn't appear to me any current players were drafted in the first 10 rounds. Anyone know if incoming recruits were drafted yet either?

Nope. Blame Pierce.
:o
Just kidding. All that means is that we are going to be terrible next season.


Already complaining about next season. Maybe try Xanax or start following a different school.


The joke's on you! We already take Xanax to allow us to get THIS far!!



golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7189
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby golfnut69 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:17 am

DaveBrownStreak wrote:
anEngineer wrote:
Show Me wrote:
McWave wrote:Doesn't appear to me any current players were drafted in the first 10 rounds. Anyone know if incoming recruits were drafted yet either?

Nope. Blame Pierce.
:o
Just kidding. All that means is that we are going to be terrible next season.


Already complaining about next season. Maybe try Xanax or start following a different school.


The joke's on you! We already take Xanax to allow us to get THIS far!!


Being this old and a Tulane fan, I am the poster child for "Better Life Thru Chemistry"....aaahhh it all started in the 60's, what little I remember about the decade of peace and love, for as we all know if you can remember the "60's you weren't really there


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

User avatar
chain gang x man
Surge
Posts: 902
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby chain gang x man » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Ted Andrews goes in round 37 to White Sox



User avatar
chain gang x man
Surge
Posts: 902
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby chain gang x man » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:50 pm

Corey Merrill goes to Dodgers in round 37



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16740
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby tpstulane » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:09 pm

chain gang x man wrote:Corey Merrill goes to Dodgers in round 37

Great! The Dodgers are a great organization a bunch of Tulane guys. Jack Cressend and Philip Stringer just to name a few.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10880
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby winwave » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Congrats to both. May France, Country , Brown and others hear their names soon.

As for Stringer didn't he leave after one year and transfer to Auburn?


It's the facilities stupid!

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16740
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby tpstulane » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:57 pm

winwave wrote:Congrats to both. May France, Country , Brown and others hear their names soon.

As for Stringer didn't he leave after one year and transfer to Auburn?

Yes but he came back and graduated from Tulane law school. And Brandon Gomes is also in the Dodgers front office. The draft ended with no other Tulane players drafted.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10880
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby winwave » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Thanks. Sorry no one else got picked.


It's the facilities stupid!

Pepper
Surge
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby Pepper » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:51 am

Did any of our recruits get drafted?


"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.

User avatar
chain gang x man
Surge
Posts: 902
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby chain gang x man » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:18 pm

Pepper wrote:Did any of our recruits get drafted?

None of the recruits got drafted
But pitcher Forrest Webber just had surgery
Sounds like TJ



Pepper
Surge
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby Pepper » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:28 pm

chain gang x man wrote:
Pepper wrote:Did any of our recruits get drafted?

None of the recruits got drafted
But pitcher Forrest Webber just had surgery
Sounds like TJ


I may be mistaken but I would have thought Coach Jewett's expertise as a recruiter, we would have signed a class that would elevate our program.


"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16740
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby tpstulane » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:13 pm

Pepper wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:
Pepper wrote:Did any of our recruits get drafted?

None of the recruits got drafted
But pitcher Forrest Webber just had surgery
Sounds like TJ


I may be mistaken but I would have thought Coach Jewett's expertise as a recruiter, we would have signed a class that would elevate our program.

He's probably learning that we're not Vanderbilt where he got anyone he wanted.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

Pepper
Surge
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby Pepper » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:39 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Pepper wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:
Pepper wrote:Did any of our recruits get drafted?

None of the recruits got drafted
But pitcher Forrest Webber just had surgery
Sounds like TJ


I may be mistaken but I would have thought Coach Jewett's expertise as a recruiter, we would have signed a class that would elevate our program.

He's probably learning that we're not Vanderbilt where he got anyone he wanted.


Yeah & after he left, Vandy secured a top 5 class. What a hire! By the way, a certain school in Miss. has a top 15 class.


"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.

McWave
Low Tide
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:45 am
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby McWave » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Yup. Should have hired AC and that would have been our top 15 class. :explode:



User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2558
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby Show Me » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Reminds me of when Tulane hired Shawn Finney because he was a great basketball recruiter at Kentucky. :lol: :lol: :lol:
McWave could bring in a Top 5 class at KT.



Pepper
Surge
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Re: MLB Draft & Tulane

Postby Pepper » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:35 pm

McWave wrote:Yup. Should have hired AC and that would have been our top 15 class. :explode:


Not the point. The man was hired because he was a "great" recruiter. The other guy seems to be not only a great bench coach but a pretty good recruiter as well. At least our guy has us tops in airport walking. ;)


"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests