Basketball scheduling announced

winwave
Wild Pelican

Basketball scheduling announced

Postby winwave » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Each school will play 7 conference teams twice. As to the other 4 you get two at home and two on the road. We get Cincy and UCONN as our two that we play only once and at home:

http://theamerican.org/news/2017/6/7/MB ... 74608.aspx

It's the facilities stupid!

winwave
Wild Pelican

Re: Basketball scheduling announced

Postby winwave » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:44 pm

winwave
Wild Pelican

Postby winwave » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:33 pm

Interesting article on the scheduling by the AAC:

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wi ... 88014.html

winwave
Wild Pelican

Postby winwave » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:48 pm

DrBox
Riptide

Postby DrBox » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:41 am

I can usually find information on a lot of our OCC opponents before the schedule is released. But this year I have found nothing other than the 2 officially announced- Fla State and UNC.

DfromCT
Tsunami

Postby DfromCT » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:55 am

winwave wrote:Interesting article on the scheduling by the AAC:

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wi ... 88014.html

Scheduling in the AAC matches seven schools picked to have similar success in two-game series in order to help power rankings (RPI) and create matchups for TV. Teams play a single game against the four remaining schools to minimize the effects of bad teams on the RPI.

No doubt about figuring out where we fall in terms of the good teams or bad teams in the conference w/r/t scheduling.

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

Ruski
Surge

Postby Ruski » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:51 pm

So far:

Home: Cincinnati, UConn, East Carolina, Houston, Memphis, USF, SMU, Temple, Tulsa

Road: UNC, FSU, UCF, Wichita State, East Carolina, Houston, Memphis, USF, SMU, Temple, Tulsa

So we're looking at maybe 3/4 wins at home. Best case scenario 2/3 wins on the road? At best 7/8 wins out of 20?

It's gonna be real interesting to see what the rest of OOC looks like. Remember just a couple seasons ago the Ed Conroy/CUSA bball schedules?!

Ruski
Surge

Postby Ruski » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:03 pm

DrBox wrote:I can usually find information on a lot of our OCC opponents before the schedule is released. But this year I have found nothing other than the 2 officially announced- Fla State and UNC.

Are we in any pre-season/mid-season tourneys this year?

Show Me
Swell

Postby Show Me » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:39 am

Ruski wrote:So far:

Home: Cincinnati, UConn, East Carolina, Houston, Memphis, USF, SMU, Temple, Tulsa

Road: UNC, FSU, UCF, Wichita State, East Carolina, Houston, Memphis, USF, SMU, Temple, Tulsa

So we're looking at maybe 3/4 wins at home. Best case scenario 2/3 wins on the road? At best 7/8 wins out of 20?

It's gonna be real interesting to see what the rest of OOC looks like. Remember just a couple seasons ago the Ed Conroy/CUSA bball schedules?!

I had forgot about how terrible we were last year. Only 6 wins in 31 try's. That was the worst record since the first year Perry brought the program back from the dead with 4 wins but that was understandable. Dunleavy has to win at least 12 games to show progress IMO. I wouldn't consider 8-10 wins progress because last year we should have won that many had the bench coaching been better.

Ruski
Surge

Postby Ruski » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:31 pm

The NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee is altering its definition of a quality win, placing greater emphasis on winning road games by changing the team sheets that include the results of every team being evaluated for selection and seeding for the men’s basketball championship. The group also committed to continue studying various metrics the committee has at its disposal to evaluate teams, with the likelihood of a new metric being in place for the 2018-19 season.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-men-s-basketball-committee-redefines-quality-win

Show Me
Swell

Postby Show Me » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:07 am

Ruski wrote:
The NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee is altering its definition of a quality win, placing greater emphasis on winning road games by changing the team sheets that include the results of every team being evaluated for selection and seeding for the men’s basketball championship. The group also committed to continue studying various metrics the committee has at its disposal to evaluate teams, with the likelihood of a new metric being in place for the 2018-19 season.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-men-s-basketball-committee-redefines-quality-win

Will make it tougher for Tulane because now we won't get good money road games. The better teams will want to schedule road games with each other.
They are following the baseball model which did this a few seasons ago. You get more RPI value out of road wins.

Ruski
Surge

Postby Ruski » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Playing Colorado State in addition to FSU.

In addition to hosting in-state rival Colorado, the Rams will play a neutral-court game against Florida State. The Seminoles went 26-9 last season and earned a No. 3 seed in the NCAA Tournament but lost their top three scorers, Dwayne Bacon, Jonathan Isaac and Xavier Rathan-Mayes. The game against FSU will be played in Jamaica as part of a multi-team event that will also include a neutral-court matchup with Tulane and home games against Winthrop and Northwestern State.

http://www.reporterherald.com/sports/ci_31152329/colorado-state-basketball-face-oregon-florida-state-non