Ed Daniels

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Pepper
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:55 am There are several people on this site who need therapy for dilusional derangement.
PSA: If you select your setting so that it ignores certain pecker-heads, it makes the site that more enjoyable to read.

"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Show Me
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:55 am There are several people on this site who need therapy for dilusional derangement.
One in particular. Don’t feed the troll.
msdos
Swell

At this point I hope he’s full of shit. Because if not, he’s retarded.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Watching that play again, it's hard to imagine Banks didn't cross the plane of the goal line. Yes, I saw the video SMU released a day or two later, but that was from an angle around the 25 yard line. It is what the refs ruled it, so it goes. Let's hope we're bowl eligible before the last play of the season.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Pepper
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:00 am
Watching that play again, it's hard to imagine Banks didn't cross the plane of the goal line. Yes, I saw the video SMU released a day or two later, but that was from an angle around the 25 yard line. It is what the refs ruled it, so it goes. Let's hope we're bowl eligible before the last play of the season.
And up by 3 TD's!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:14 am
DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:00 am
And up by 3 TD's!
sumthin' tells me when SMU comes to Yulman, it will be like the Tulsa game last year,, total pay back...and I hope the refs who worked the game last season are assigned to this one
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:12 pm Ed on Narcisse to Tulane
https://crescentcitysports.com/former-l ... rfect-fit/
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Sorry, Ed, but Tulane does NOT need to change its offense to fit a JUCO transfer. You never change your scheme to fit one player, and certainly not one that wasn't good enough to see the field at LSU. We have other options, and will in 2019 when Narcisse is eligible. Besides, he's better off at Kentucky or some other low level P5 where he thinks he'll have a better shot at the NFL (which will probably never happen..)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I usually agree with things that Ed says about Tulane athletics but he's wrong here. Narcisse isn't a true dual threat. He was 4th on LSU's depth chart b/c he's only an option to run the ball which is why they were going to put some wildcat in for him. McMillan can run and pass and would be a perfect fit here.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Ed, you seem to have forgotten that Narcisse does not want ANYTHING to do with us.

There is NO EEASON to try to bring in a mal content who thinks he's better than everyone and who will likely poison the locker room.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Dave breslin
Swell

This is one time I disagree with Ed. We don’t need him. There are better QBs that will fit our system
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

I don't understand why we wouldn't at least reach out to the kid? What is there to lose?
wave97
Swell

I can only guess that Lowell Narcisse is a talented young man who has already been exposed to the bright lights. Let's hope that there's enough wisdom derived from that exposure to make a sound decision for post JUCO. I hope he chooses to enroll at Tulane next January.
I'm stunned at what Ed Daniels wrote, "Tulane would need to modify the option part of its offense to be more of a pure spread team, one that fits perfectly Narcisse’s abilities.". WHUT? We're not running the air raid, pro or wishbone, we're running the RPO.
Last edited by wave97 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pepper
Swell

I say the more 3-5 star local recruits we can get helps down the road in recruiting. I say go for him.
Profoundwizard
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:27 pm
Sorry, Ed, but Tulane does NOT need to change its offense to fit a JUCO transfer. You never change your scheme to fit one player, and certainly not one that wasn't good enough to see the field at LSU. We have other options, and will in 2019 when Narcisse is eligible. Besides, he's better off at Kentucky or some other low level P5 where he thinks he'll have a better shot at the NFL (which will probably never happen..)
If it gives you the best chance to win you should definitely make some tweaks to the offense to suit your QB.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:19 pm If it gives you the best chance to win you should definitely make some tweaks to the offense to suit your QB.
No doubt.

But you don't change your base offense for someone you MIGHT be recruiting, someone who may or may not become the starter if he were to come to your program. Once he's the starter, then you play to his strengths and avoid his weaknesses. Willie Fritz runs a RPO offense. If this kid isn't comfortable with that, there's dozens more that we could have for 4 years that would love the opportunity. And not for nothing, but the kid from USM, along with this years' true Frosh might be better in this offense than NN.

The whole article was strange. It seemed like Ed was paying back a favor or something.
wave97
Swell

The RPO is what this guy was born to run. Where is the conflict? He went to a Pro offensive scheme at LSU. He has great athleticism & wheels. From what I read he hasn't played enough football since being injured in high school. I hope the Juco he's transferring to runs the RPO because he needs to take as many live snaps as possible between now through next summer camp.
I just don't understand why Tulane Football gets stuck with the "option stigma".
It is the run-pass-OPTION, zone blocking with a mesh point 5 yards in the backfield.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

wave97 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:47 pm The RPO is what this guy was born to run. Where is the conflict? He went to a Pro offensive scheme at LSU. He has great athleticism & wheels. From what I read he hasn't played enough football since being injured in high school. I hope the Juco he's transferring to runs the RPO because he needs to take as many live snaps as possible between now through next summer camp.
I just don't understand why Tulane Football gets stuck with the "option stigma".
It is the run-pass-OPTION, zone blocking with a mesh point 5 yards in the backfield.
We get stuck with the option stigma b/c Willie has started using that term again in his interviews. He had gotten away from it and it appeared he had realized the negative impact it had on us in recruiting QB's. Apparently that's not the case.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:27 am come early, stay late and be loud
https://clarionherald.org/2018/08/16/tu ... ing-hires/
Did Ed say ANYTHING that hasn't been posted here? I don't think so.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:09 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:27 am come early, stay late and be loud
https://clarionherald.org/2018/08/16/tu ... ing-hires/
Did Ed say ANYTHING that hasn't been posted here? I don't think so.
D...I have spoken to a few connected Tulane people, each has told me Ed has been working with several of the marketing people, and introducing them to many business' in metro NOLA to help Tulane ...one has told me that Ed is more or less, an unpaid Tulane Staffer...how true that is, we may never know..but that is what I am told
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

What a garbage article. I usually don’t comment on Ed’s articles because as another poster stated it’s usually just a rehash of what is said on the two boards. But that was garbage. The momentum has shifted here and the athletic department is heading in the correct direction. I love how he just cherry picked a random schedule to contrast with our current schedule (which has been shown to be one of the most difficult in the G5). In football, our conference routinely has had 2-4 teams in the top 25 over the last few years with more receiving votes. Our scheduling continues to improve, and we would love to schedule LSU again in any sport. Why don’t you put that in the article Ed ? We’ll play them in the dome anytime they want.

A winning season (and a bowl victory) will not only be cathartic but man will it be wonderful to end these bullshit articles and narratives (accurately) citing our futility.

I took the over on the 5.5 games and August is always full of hope . . . may this finally be the year .

Roll Wave