Ed Daniels

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5863
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:00 pm

No, I have more important things to do than look at the date of your foolish posts. That bar pass rate must be the reason we got 1 vote in the G5 poll. It also put plenty of points on the board last football season, and is the reason for this year's turnaround in the only other sport that matters.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 2574
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:01 pm

And, TPS's post of today is for an article by Ed Daniels celebrating Dunleavy and the return of basketball excitement to Tulane.

Some might not know it but Ed Daniels is a Wave fan and hopefully his article will inform many more people in the New Orleans community of the return of competitive basketball for Tulane.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7508
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:05 pm

Wave755 wrote:And, TPS's post of today is for an article by Ed Daniels celebrating Dunleavy and the return of basketball excitement to Tulane.

Some might not know it but Ed Daniels is a Wave fan and hopefully his article will inform many more people in the New Orleans community of the return of competitive basketball for Tulane.
I think Tulane should hire Daniels...but then again, I am a "Nut' !!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 2574
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:30 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
Wave755 wrote:And, TPS's post of today is for an article by Ed Daniels celebrating Dunleavy and the return of basketball excitement to Tulane.

Some might not know it but Ed Daniels is a Wave fan and hopefully his article will inform many more people in the New Orleans community of the return of competitive basketball for Tulane.
I think Tulane should hire Daniels...but then again, I am a "Nut' !!
Hiring Ed would be a very sane idea indeed. :)
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7508
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:45 pm

Wave755 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Wave755 wrote:And, TPS's post of today is for an article by Ed Daniels celebrating Dunleavy and the return of basketball excitement to Tulane.

Some might not know it but Ed Daniels is a Wave fan and hopefully his article will inform many more people in the New Orleans community of the return of competitive basketball for Tulane.
I think Tulane should hire Daniels...but then again, I am a "Nut' !!
Hiring Ed would be a very sane idea indeed. :)
I emailed TD several times about ED... he would give Tulane instant credibility in the forms of sponsorship and media relations..something that has been lacking for over 20 years ...Tulane keeps hiring PR guys that do not realize metairie, is spelled "M-E-T-R-Y'....until this ends, Tulane will continue to have issues with Local Corporate Donations and media relations...after all...'it's all about the people, people "
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17435
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:33 pm

Ed is one of the few remaining media people that actually go to our games.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17435
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue May 22, 2018 6:16 am

Looking forward to Ed’s take on the current state of Tulane baseball. Something coming out soon.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1063
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Tue May 22, 2018 9:02 am

tpstulane wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:16 am
Looking forward to Ed’s take on the current state of Tulane baseball. Something coming out soon.
What was Ed’s take on last year? Am I remembering correctly that he basically gave Jewett a pass?
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11763
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue May 22, 2018 9:31 am

Van Gilder weighed in on WWL TV and noted the recruiting issue that had been part of the problem.
Find A Way!
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17435
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue May 22, 2018 9:40 am

Profoundwizard wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:02 am
tpstulane wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:16 am
Looking forward to Ed’s take on the current state of Tulane baseball. Something coming out soon.
What was Ed’s take on last year? Am I remembering correctly that he basically gave Jewett a pass?
Yes. More about stacking issues if I recall.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7508
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Tue May 22, 2018 10:25 am

winwave wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:31 am
Van Gilder weighed in on WWL TV and noted the recruiting issue that had been part of the problem.
"recruiting issues'.... now that my friends, took very deep analytical skills on Van Gilders part
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Post Reply