Thank you Baseball Seniors!!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

I posted this on the other board but want to share over here.

Thank you to the Seniors! This class has been one of the all time greats for us and i will cherish their memories. This class came in as a top 25 recruiting class and chose Tulane when not many wanted to play here....we had been on a 6-7 year regional drought and they took us to 2 back to back! They came in to Tulane and have started everyday since they were freshmen....on a team they walked into that had numerous upper classmen. These guys all chose Tulane to help get the program back on the right track, and that they did.

What i find remarkable is that not one player left the program through the multiple coaching changes from Rick Jones, Gautreau, Pierce, and Jewett, and they all stuck together which i think says alot about these guys. They are leaving the program better than they found it and for that we should all be thankful!! Here are some of the accomplishments and things i could think of off the top of my head that they've accomplished and been through.

*2 sweeps in a row of LSU - first time in Tulane history
*Ranked as high as #11
*2 Regional Appearances and Regional Finals
*1 of 9 teams in Tulane history to finish the season ranked in both major polls
*Largest crowd at Turchin in Tulane history
*AAC champs - 1 of only 7 total regular season conference championships
*2 top round draft picks so far and still counting
*Conference Player of the Year - Hunter Williams joins the Tulane lore of Jake Gautreau, Mark Hamilton, Micah Owings, Chad Sutter, James Jurries, and Michael Aubrey as our Conference POY honors
*Joined the new conference in sophmore year, switching from CUSA to AAC
*Been through multiple coaches and ADs during their stay
*Regional Finals - knocking off Ole miss
*Favorite memory for me had to be when UH and Whiting tried to screw us with the weather on the deciding championship game last year, and jake willsey hit the go ahead bomb in the 7th or 8th to put us ahead to take down the AAC championship right on UH's field. They tried to screw us and we still won....was fun to listent too. I remember graff bringing the radio and being live walking around on the diamond in houston as we celebrated!! Was awesome to listen too and watch on TV.

If anyone else can think of things i've left off, feel free to add below!
Last edited by RollWaveRoll on Fri May 26, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I saw a couple of nice Thank You tweets from a few players.

Corey
https://twitter.com/c_merrill7/status/8 ... 4931383296

Jeremy
https://twitter.com/jmontalbano33/statu ... 2089161730
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

This class went through a whole lot, and kept on truckin'. THANK YOU SENIORS, you've represented our University with class. Forever GREEN!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V