Wave Wins the Memphis Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Series start tomorrow at 6:30:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/5/ ... mphis.aspx

Don't understand France being listed as the starter on Thursday. Hope that's a misprint. Even if it's a brief outing I think it would be a mistake.
Last edited by winwave on Sat May 20, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

A better sign:

Help Wanted --Baseball Coach..ability to relate to College players a must...also, leave the ping pong table where Players can use it...amazingly it helps with hand and eye co-ordination, especially when you cover the dominate eye....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bearwave
High Tide

winwave wrote:Series start tomorrow at 6:30:

Don't understand France being listed as the starter on Thursday. Hope that's a misprint. Even if it's a brief outing I think it would be a mistake.

So we move our best pitcher up 2 full days and pitch him yet sit our only other half way reliable starter for the weekend? Corey will only pitch once in the tournament and if he went say 5 innings tonight would be well rested for the start of the tourney.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bearwave wrote:

So we move our best pitcher up 2 full days and pitch him yet sit our only other half way reliable starter for the weekend? Corey will only pitch once in the tournament and if he went say 5 innings tonight would be well rested for the start of the tourney.
I'm glad Corey is being rested. It just makes no sense to pitch France either. Moving up Corey a day this week and then two days next week wouldn't be smart. We'll see.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote:
Bearwave wrote:

I'm glad Corey is being rested. It just makes no sense to pitch France either. Moving up Corey a day this week and then two days next week wouldn't be smart. We'll see.
So you want them both pitching on 10+ days rest in the tournament? I think that's a bad idea. Neither would be sharp. Let them both throw a couple innings tonight.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We'll have to agree to disagree. It's late in the season and they have both thrown a high number of pitches in virtually every start. The rest is important. They'll get their bull[pens in to stay sharp.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree. It's late in the season and they have both thrown a high number of pitches in virtually every start. The rest is important. They'll get their bull[pens in to stay sharp.
I'd rather they throw 30-40 pitches in a game than in the pen. We also have a shot to move up to the four seed or higher.
Bearwave
High Tide

mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree. It's late in the season and they have both thrown a high number of pitches in virtually every start. The rest is important. They'll get their bull[pens in to stay sharp.
I'd rather they throw 30-40 pitches in a game than in the pen. We also have a shot to move up to the four seed or higher.

This would be the ideal way to manage it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bearwave wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:

We'll either be the 4 or 5 seed so no difference really. We'll play the first game on Tuesday. Game is more stress and can't control the flow of when the pitches will be thrown.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
Bearwave wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:

We'll either be the 4 or 5 seed so no difference really. We'll play the first game on Tuesday. Game is more stress and can't control the flow of when the pitches will be thrown.
We technically could move all the way up to the #2 seed, TMK.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Right. But practically speaking looking at the weekend matchups we'll finish 4th or 5th. It doesn't matter where we finish really. What matters is Merrill and France being at their very best. Both have had arm injuries. Both have thrown well over 100 pitches in most outings. Lately they have been over 125 pitches. They won't loose sharpness this late in the season. They both need rest.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Bearwave wrote:

Bearwave - Corey's arm is sore (and I mean sore)....what he did last Friday was incredible (7 2/3 innings and he should have won the damned game). He needs the rest!! I don't have a problem with JP starting ... we need to win (and sweep, which is a lot to ask for). He'll be rested for the tourney.
Houma de Wave
Swell

We're up 5-0, bottom 3rd. 3 DINGERS...DeHart, Brown & Wilsey!!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

France threw 48 and will be coming out. Good job. Massey will be coming in.
Bearwave
High Tide

Lead blown. LOL.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote:France threw 48 and will be coming out. Good job. Massey will be coming in.
You still think Massey's problem is that he's trying to be a power pitcher?
Profoundwizard
Swell

Bearwave wrote:Lead blown. LOL.
This game don't matter
Bearwave
High Tide

And neither will the tournament with just 2 pitchers.
Houma de Wave
Swell

6-5 Memphis...pitching change.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Single...2 runs score...8-5 Memphis.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote:
winwave wrote:France threw 48 and will be coming out. Good job. Massey will be coming in.
You still think Massey's problem is that he's trying to be a power pitcher?
It started out that way and his problems have mushroomed from there mentally.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm wondering if we're trying to set a record for walking in the most runs. Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen so many runs walked in since I was in little league. Our pitching sucks.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Houma de Wave
Swell

9-5...we've walked in 2 runners tonight.
Houma de Wave
Swell

10 frickin 5 ... Issa drops a pop up that PGozzo should have easily caught.
Infield fricking hit...11-5.