Houston wins Series #2

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Seth Romero has been kicked off the team.
Last edited by winwave on Sun May 14, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Seniors to be honored in between innings:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... bceec.html
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Saturday game is at 2:30 and is on CBSSN which is ch. 1315 locally:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/5/ ... ekend.aspx
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The proposal!
phpBB [video]
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Brutal loss tonight. Merrill cruising with 11Ks in the 8th with a 3-1 lead. Ground ball error to SS to start the inning extends the 8th an extra out and it leads to 3 unearned runs and the loss for Corey. Unfortunately that's been his luck for most of his career here. Final ends 15-3 with UH putting up 11 runs in the 9th with only 4 hits.
I can only imagine how it's going to be next year losing all of our power hitters. Hoping for a miracle recruiting class that's highly ranked otherwise we are very likely looking at two straight losing seasons.
We're now 23-27 and the lone ACC team with a losing record. Very disappointing season to say the least.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Brutal loss tonight. Merrill cruising with 11Ks in the 8th with a 3-1 lead. Ground ball error to SS to start the inning extends the 8th an extra out and it leads to 3 unearned runs and the loss for Corey. Unfortunately that's been his luck for most of his career here. Final ends 15-3 with UH putting up 11 runs in the 9th with only 4 hits.
I can only imagine how it's going to be next year losing all of our power hitters. Hoping for a miracle recruiting class that's highly ranked otherwise we are very likely looking at two straight losing seasons.
We're now 23-27 and the lone ACC team with a losing record. Very disappointing season to say the least.

pathetic
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Houma de Wave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Unfortunately that's been his luck for most of his career.
Couldn't have posted it any better. I just wish that Corey Merrill would have gotten the run support and bullpen relief he deserved more often over the past 4 years. He is one tough cookie.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Unfortunately that's been his luck for most of his career.
Couldn't have posted it any better. I just wish that Corey Merrill would have gotten the run support and bullpen relief he deserved more often over the past 4 years. He is one tough cookie.
For sure.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Final Game 2: Wave loses series and game two to Houston 4 to 0.

Let's hope we still have something left in the tank for UNO on Tuesday for our last home game of this most disappointing season.
Show Me
Tsunami

Been following Tulane baseball since the Ben Abadie days and this guy can't coach period. He's the worst we've ever had. He's not a HC. The team is completely unprepared to play at this level.
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

just wait till next year when we have to play with pierces recruits.....oh wait he didnt have any.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RollWaveRoll wrote:just wait till next year when we have to play with pierces recruits.....oh wait he didnt have any.
Pierce was here two years. The first year he was hired late didn't have many scholarships available and the second year he left early and took the good ones to Texas. How is that his fault?
He took us to two straight regionals with this team only younger. Team has taken a step backwards this year absolutely nothing to do with Pierce.
Tulane Class of 1981
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Show Me wrote:Been following Tulane baseball since the Ben Abadie days and this guy can't coach period. He's the worst we've ever had. He's not a HC. The team is completely unprepared to play at this level.
+1000%
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

tpstulane wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:just wait till next year when we have to play with pierces recruits.....oh wait he didnt have any.
Pierce was here two years. The first year he was hired late didn't have many scholarships available and the second year he left early and took the good ones to Texas. How is that his fault?
He took us to two straight regionals with this team only younger. Team has taken a step backwards this year absolutely nothing to do with Pierce.
Agree 100%. We should've won the aac this year and that's on Jewett...granted its not over yet as we still have a shot to win tourney! This year has been flat out terrible.

But I call it like I see it...this year was terrible and needs to be made clear unnacceptable to jewett....but next year if we make a regional it will be a miracle and that's is on Pierce. He left us with Witherspoon and no one else. Gaut recruited massey plus everyone else on our team. Everyone else we will see playing for us next year, Jewett had to scrap together in 2 months by calling all the jucos in the country and ask if they had anyone worth a dang that wasn't committed to anyone available.

But as you said Pierce didn't recruit for 2 years...that's ridiculous. Half of our team.

In the last 8 recruiting classes , Jewett has had 8 consecutive top 15 classes in a row!! 4 of those 8 classes were either the #1 or #2 best class in the country. This was was when he was at asu and Vandy. Now if he can't recruit to tulane, then i don't know what to do.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RollWaveRoll wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Agree 100%. We should've won the aac this year and that's on Jewett...granted its not over yet as we still have a shot to win tourney! This year has been flat out terrible.

But I call it like I see it...this year was terrible and needs to be made clear unnacceptable to jewett....but next year if we make a regional it will be a miracle and that's is on Pierce. He left us with Witherspoon and no one else. Gaut recruited massey plus everyone else on our team. Everyone else we will see playing for us next year, Jewett had to scrap together in 2 months by calling all the jucos in the country and ask if they had anyone worth a dang that wasn't committed to anyone available.

But as you said Pierce didn't recruit for 2 years...that's ridiculous. Half of our team.

In the last 8 recruiting classes , Jewett has had 8 consecutive top 15 classes in a row!! 4 of those 8 classes were either the #1 or #2 best class in the country. This was was when he was at asu and Vandy. Now if he can't recruit to tulane, then i don't know what to do.
Still disagree with Pierce recruiting. As I explained in the previous comment. He had no scholarship room and he took the better ones with him to Texas as any good coach would. Jewett has tons of room now because of all the Sr's in this class. As you know Jewett brought in zero recruits in this his first year here. Recruiting to Vandy with its endowment is a breeze. Having 8 top 15 classes in a row is not any accomplishment especially in the SEC. Recruiting to Tulane will be much more difficult because of our endowment situation. Next year's team will be comprised of almost all Jewett kids so blaming Pierce already for next years perceived failure is misguided.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bearwave
High Tide

This team is not that talented outside of a couple players. Look at the miserable batting averages and ERAs.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
Show Me
Tsunami

:lol:
That's why CJ lost. He had to play with Toledo recruits. :roll:
Show Me
Tsunami

Bearwave wrote:This team is not that talented outside of a couple players. Look at the miserable batting averages and ERAs.
Not sure I agree. This Sr class was the best ranked class we've had in years. Add Rogers and Alemais to that group. They went to two straight regionals. First time since the mid 2000's. Beat LSU 4 straight. The group was expected to go to a regional this year by most. No one predicted a losing record outside of me and I only did so because Dannen refused to listen to baseball experts that know 1000% more in their pinky then his does in his brain. Only Tulane could find the one AD that could screw up a successful baseball program. This was one and only program that has been a consistent winner at the school. Dannen has now hired 3 losers right out the box.
sader24
Tsunami

Not hiring Cannizaro will haunt us until most of us are dead. I've seen this Athletic Dept do some stupid sh*t but that move outranks it all. It is the most demoralizing thing this school has ever done to my fandom and that in itself is pretty amazing. A homerun hire that was the best player in the history of the program and loved by everyone. People trying to justify the record of this team that should be in a regional are in denial. If Cannizaro coached this team we would have won the conference and been in a regional and prob had the highest attendance in our history. Just plain stupidity.
Wave755
Tsunami

Final Game 3: Wave wins game three 11 to 4.

And, but for that terrible top of the 9th in game one, this might have been a very different weekend?

And yes, we finally won a game on a Sunday.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Another lost series. As noted above we did finally win on a Sunday. Congrats to the seniors for the win on Senior Day. Would love to see this start a winning streak but this team has proven to be inconsistent and just can't see that changing now.
puffy
Surge

At this point, you are what your record says you are. Still an outside chance of getting to 30 wins, which would've been hard to imagine after the 3-12 start.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

"Today was awesome"- Jarret DeHart:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 48887.html
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

puffy wrote:At this point, you are what your record says you are. Still an outside chance of getting to 30 wins, which would've been hard to imagine after the 3-12 start.
:o