Football season ticket renewal deadline

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
puffy
Surge

I keep getting these emails and reminders about the season ticket renewal deadline of May 26. I'm guessing it's to keep our assigned seats at last year's prices? I can't imagine there's a massive waiting list for these things.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

puffy wrote:I keep getting these emails and reminders about the season ticket renewal deadline of May 26. I'm guessing it's to keep our assigned seats at last year's prices? I can't imagine there's a massive waiting list for these things.

Hell, I thought we would be "sold out" by now !!!!...SRO only, on a first come , first served basis !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Forever TU
Surge

puffy wrote:I keep getting these emails and reminders about the season ticket renewal deadline of May 26. I'm guessing it's to keep our assigned seats at last year's prices? I can't imagine there's a massive waiting list for these things.
Correct
lurker123
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:

Hell, I thought we would be "sold out" by now !!!!...SRO only, on a first come , first served basis !!!!
Just curious. How many football season tickets do you have? Why do you mock people that have renewed?
msdos
Swell

lurker123 wrote:Why do you mock people that have renewed?
because giving money to Jimmy Swaggart yields a better return than giving to Tulane
GreenLantern
Riptide

C'mon man! Chill with the cynicism. So what if email messages are sent reminding everyone of this year's due date to renew season tickets. What would you expect? Can you imagine the howl some of you would make if you were to discover that Tulane had overlooked the due date and had forgotten to send reminders?

I get it. Tulane needs to win games. Once that moment arrives, all of you will be as content as full ticks and disparaging posts will naer be made. Right? *DOUBTFUL EYE-ROLL*
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

Just curious. How many football season tickets do you have? Why do you mock people that have renewed?
I have 4, if I choose to renew, but Tulane setting a "deadline' for renewals, is a joke.....and FYI I live about 600 miles from Yulman....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Forever TU
Surge

golfnut69 wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

I have 4, if I choose to renew, but Tulane setting a "deadline' for renewals, is a joke.....and FYI I live about 600 miles from Yulman....
Earth to human. Every school has deadlines. Don't get me started how astronomically frustrating it would be when someone tried to come renew at the 11th hour.

You probably also complained years ago when Tulane didn't abide by its own deadlines that they ran a lazy shop, right?

Palllllleeeeeasee. :roll:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Forever TU wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

Earth to human. Every school has deadlines. Don't get me started how astronomically frustrating it would be when someone tried to come renew at the 11th hour.

You probably also complained years ago when Tulane didn't abide by its own deadlines that they ran a lazy shop, right?

I never complained...I chose not to open my wallet, or checkbook ... for a school with an identity, credibility and competitiveness issues I would not be setting any deadlines. Why is there a deadline, is Tulane going to refuse to sell season tickets, after the "deadline" ...do you get a price break if you purchase prior to the "deadline" ? I received communication thru the mail from Tulane yesterday, it went into the recycle portion of the garbage, unopened
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
Forever TU wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

I never complained...I chose not to open my wallet, or checkbook ... for a school with an identity, credibility and competitiveness issues I would not be setting any deadlines. Why is there a deadline, is Tulane going to refuse to sell season tickets, after the "deadline" ...do you get a price break if you purchase prior to the "deadline" ? I received communication thru the mail from Tulane yesterday, it went into the recycle portion of the garbage, unopened
Good points. Especially the one "is Tulane going to refuse to sell a season ticket after the deadline".
There is no demand for tickets. We've seen that since the first game of Yulman. It's been a gradual decline. The Diehards are dying off and no one around to replace them.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

Sorry but they're not good points. Part of running a professional operation is having deadlines and meeting a schedule whether it's your dentist, RTA, Fritz running football practices or Tulane Athletics administration selling event tickets.

The real point here is the lack of respect both for oneself and other Tulane fans. Some here are miserable and they ridicule those who aren't. It's sad.
greenphantom
Swell

I have 2 season tix but I think I am finally going to give them up until Tulane starts actually winning. The last 2 years I have only made 1 game each. I am hopeful that we will be better this season but I think I would rather give up the season tix and buy a single game ticket through the ticket exchange to whatever games I decide to go to, if any. My 2nd season ticket has been unused since the 2nd home game of the 1st year Yulman opened.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

lurker123 wrote:Sorry but they're not good points. Part of running a professional operation is having deadlines and meeting a schedule whether it's your dentist, RTA, Fritz running football practices or Tulane Athletics administration selling event tickets.

The real point here is the lack of respect both for oneself and other Tulane fans. Some here are miserable and they ridicule those who aren't. It's sad.
I have a great deal of respect for myself and others...but in the case of Tulane, every issue I posted is real..selling tickets, programs, shirts and other items to the public is a "retail" operation... I have seen retailers give a "time line / deadline' for an item that is on sale at a discounted price, but never a "time line / deadline" for an item that is for sale 24 hours a day 7 days a week .. I can understand the selling of merchandise the week end of May 13th at discounted prices, first come first serve since those items are of limited availability, something I do not think Tulane has an issue with, when it comes to season tickets !...Maybe one day, that will be the case, at present Tulane needs to be as fan friendly as possible
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

greenphantom wrote:I have 2 season tix but I think I am finally going to give them up until Tulane starts actually winning. The last 2 years I have only made 1 game each. I am hopeful that we will be better this season but I think I would rather give up the season tix and buy a single game ticket through the ticket exchange to whatever games I decide to go to, if any. My 2nd season ticket has been unused since the 2nd home game of the 1st year Yulman opened.

I have never personally used my season tickets, my Mom makes sure they are given away to people who actually go sit in the seats
sader24
Tsunami

I'm dropping to 2 seats from 3 seats and originally from 4 seats. I refused to pay the mandatory TAF donation last year for my seats and they didn't do anything. Kept the same seats. You can't charge mandatory donations for a right to buy tickets when nobody wants to buy tickets. It's insane. There is no demand and they are trying to tax what little fanbase is left.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

sader24 wrote:I'm dropping to 2 seats from 3 seats and originally from 4 seats. I refused to pay the mandatory TAF donation last year for my seats and they didn't do anything. Kept the same seats. You can't charge mandatory donations for a right to buy tickets when nobody wants to buy tickets. It's insane. There is no demand and they are trying to tax what little fanbase is left.
And if they monitor these boards as we've been told, they should realize that the fan base is dwindling in a big way. Between this thread and the baseball threads, some long term die hard fans are giving up. Being a bit of a contrarian, my hope is that the die hards giving up is the signal that we've hit bottom. Will we have a "dead cat bounce" or will we recovers and become a legitimate competitive athletics program? I think Winwave said it best when he said something along the lines of "its really sad because we finally have an administration that wants to win." Not being committed to winning is just so ingrained in the Tulane Athletic culture that they don't understand what it means to be fully committed to running successful big time college athletics.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide

Are there really people who don't understand season ticket deadlines? If you don't buy them by the dealine, they can sell them to someone else? You can still buy them if they are available but it's no longer guaranteed that they will be. To mock the Athletic Dept and say that no one else wants them is silly. There need to be deadlines so the department knows what they have to sell. C'mon, there are things to complain about for the people who like doing that, but this isn't one of them.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

anEngineer wrote:Are there really people who don't understand season ticket deadlines? If you don't buy them by the dealine, they can sell them to someone else? You can still buy them if they are available but it's no longer guaranteed that they will be. To mock the Athletic Dept and say that no one else wants them is silly. There need to be deadlines so the department knows what they have to sell. C'mon, there are things to complain about for the people who like doing that, but this isn't one of them.
This is all true. Virtually all athletic departments do this.
Show Me
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote:Are there really people who don't understand season ticket deadlines? If you don't buy them by the dealine, they can sell them to someone else? You can still buy them if they are available but it's no longer guaranteed that they will be. To mock the Athletic Dept and say that no one else wants them is silly. There need to be deadlines so the department knows what they have to sell. C'mon, there are things to complain about for the people who like doing that, but this isn't one of them.
RIght. Now with the Ultimate fan dropped. I've decided to ignore the deadline. I've learned from last year at Tulane you can get better seats if you're not a season ticket holder. And no donation requirement or season ticket surcharge.
BC Wave
Swell

It takes anEngineer to get it right (AND ForeverTU) !

Seriously, conversely how would NOT having a deadline work?
Are your seats reserved for you up to the time of the Grambling State game?
That makes no sense.
sader24
Tsunami

Everyone has a deadline. However, they call and harass you for a month up into the deadline which tells you that there is no demand. My issue is not with the deadline but the fact that they want me to pay $250 in TAF fees for 3 tickets that nobody else wants (my section was empty all year last year except for Southern). Then they are charging me a $25 season ticket fee on top of that, I don't even know what that is. I'm not paying for the right to buy seats that nobody else wants. There has to be a demand before u start charging Rights Fees for season tickets. There is no current demand. I haven't done it, but I bet if you wait till right before the season starts instead of paying at the deadline they will give you a deal that's cheaper for better seats as they try to bolster their season ticket rolls. Just a guess.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sadly that's a very good and educated guess.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

i would think you should get a price break for buying tickets early, at Tulane you get gouged and they can't use the excuse that you get to pick where you sit bc virtually everyone can sit where they want bc nobody is at the games.
nawlinspete
Riptide

lurker123 wrote:Sorry but they're not good points. Part of running a professional operation is having deadlines and meeting a schedule whether it's your dentist, RTA, Fritz running football practices or Tulane Athletics administration selling event tickets.

Perfectly true, and perfectly said.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

sader24 wrote:Everyone has a deadline. However, they call and harass you for a month up into the deadline which tells you that there is no demand. My issue is not with the deadline but the fact that they want me to pay $250 in TAF fees for 3 tickets that nobody else wants (my section was empty all year last year except for Southern). Then they are charging me a $25 season ticket fee on top of that, I don't even know what that is. I'm not paying for the right to buy seats that nobody else wants. There has to be a demand before u start charging Rights Fees for season tickets. There is no current demand. I haven't done it, but I bet if you wait till right before the season starts instead of paying at the deadline they will give you a deal that's cheaper for better seats as they try to bolster their season ticket rolls. Just a guess.
If they continue to call after you've said no, then that's harassing you. If they call and see if you might renew before the deadline, than that's not harassing. It's called sales and marketing. I'd be upset if they weren't making the calls. WE NEED SALES. I'd argue that they've turned Yulman into another Tulane F-up with the vendor problems, etc. It might have been a classic Tulane F-up before it opened, but the fan experience has gone downhill in a big way since Barbara Burke left. But we STILL desperately need to sell season tickets.

I don't fault those whom are miserable for being so. Following Tulane isn't easy and the shooting ourselves in the foot (if not in the balls) gets old when it happens over and over again. But somewhere we're going to find the Tulane Athletics bottom from a metaphorical charting standpoint. And rebounding from there has to start with efforts before we get there. Otherwise a rebound has zero chance of being sustained.

ROLL WAVE
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V