Tulane loses UCF Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Determined to help:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... c8cfa.html

Really happy for him. I hope it continues to heal fast so he can be really involved.
Last edited by winwave on Sun May 07, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sunday's game is free on the American Digital Network:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/5/ ... eries.aspx
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Well, as of this posting, Tulane has given up 27 runs in the last two games. The futility of Tulane Athletics continues..Way to coach down our baseball team Travis Jewitt!!!
DrBox
Riptide

Just a bad hire.
Cut your losses, Dannen.
Wave755
Tsunami

Final Game 1:

UCF 11, Wave 4
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:Sunday's game is free on the American Digital Network:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/5/ ... eries.aspx
What a ripoff. I should be paid to watch.
Show Me
Tsunami

DrBox wrote:Just a bad hire.
Cut your losses, Dannen.
No doubt. Hopefully Riser might still be interested.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Show Me wrote:
DrBox wrote:Just a bad hire.
Cut your losses, Dannen.
No doubt. Hopefully Riser might still be interested.
Check the salaries of the Head coaches in the Southland. He'd take the job in a second.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... obile_home

Down to, you know, only you know, 28 you know's in, you know, a two minute and, you know, 25 second recording.
Bearwave
High Tide

He would be a better fit at you know.....UNO.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
Show Me
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote:http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... obile_home

Down to, you know, only you know, 28 you know's in, you know, a two minute and, you know, 25 second recording.
Now if he could only win more games than his, you know's, you know. :oops:
Show Me
Tsunami

Bearwave wrote:He would be a better fit at you know.....UNO.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good thing no one has made it a shot game, you know.
Forever TU
Surge

Wave takes game 2 4-3 ....not that a lot of you seem to care.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Forever TU wrote:Wave takes game 2 4-3 ....not that a lot of you seem to care.
Should we? Win number 23 in the 48th game of the season doesn't move the needle. Winning the AAC regular season doesn't even do much right now because we started so poorly. Anything less than a regional appearance is a failure at Tulane. Especially this year. Forgive us if we're not jumping for joy right now.
Houma de Wave
Swell

JP France deserves a lot of credit for giving us 8 solid innings.Christian Colletti closed in the 9th.

Redemption came for Grant Brown who singled in the game-winning run in the B-8 after having a grand slam taken away from him by umpire Asa Howard earlier that turned into a two-run double. The ball clearly hit the yellow line. Brown is on a ten game hitting streak.

This was a good ball game. Glad I made it and I plan to be there tomorrow.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Houma de Wave wrote:JP France deserves a lot of credit for giving us 8 solid innings.Christian Colletti closed in the 9th.

Redemption came for Grant Brown who singled in the game-winning run in the B-8 after having a grand slam taken away from him by umpire Asa Howard earlier that turned into a two-run double. The ball clearly hit the yellow line. Brown is on a ten game hitting streak.

This was a good ball game. Glad I made it and I plan to be there tomorrow.
France and Colletti have been wonderful lately
winwave
Top of the WAVE

France is on fire. Brown is finally hitting like we hoped. Hope his shoulder holds up.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote:France is on fire. Brown is finally hitting like we hoped. Hope his shoulder holds up.
Didn't know Brown had this in him. Would have been a lot scarier last year if we got this kind of production from Brown or Dehart
Profoundwizard
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote:
Should we? Win number 23 in the 48th game of the season doesn't move the needle. Winning the AAC regular season doesn't even do much right now because we started so poorly. Anything less than a regional appearance is a failure at Tulane. Especially this year. Forgive us if we're not jumping for joy right now.
No trying to pick on ya ForeverTU but don't you think fans are correct to be disappointed in this season so far? I'm up for some healthy debate if you are.
Forever TU
Surge

Profoundwizard wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
No trying to pick on ya ForeverTU but don't you think fans are correct to be disappointed in this season so far? I'm up for some healthy debate if you are.
I'm just frustrated at people who have written off this season. Did we start slow? Sure we did. I know it. He knows it. He's lamented it st every radio show that I've been to this year.

But I still blame Pierce's poor recruiting more than maybe some.

Everyone keeps talking about how we didn't scrimmage enough. Fact is thanks to Pierce we were left a bare cubbord bullpen wise.

Pierce wasn't the second coming. We set the school record for strikeouts for crying out loud.

I think if I had been undergoing my third head coach in 3 or 4 years I'd have struggled too.
Profoundwizard
Swell

People have written off the season because barring a miracle we aren't making a Regional. Why are you frustrated with them?

The bullpen isn't great and Pierce didn't do a great job recruiting but the bullpen isn't even the biggest problem with our pitching staff. Merrill,Massey and France was supposed to be one of the best weekend rotations in the country. So far Only France is living up to that.
If the aces were doing what they've done in the past we'd be fine.
We harp on the lack of scrimmages because that was more detrimental than our bad bullpen. The bullpen has actually been fine lately. Maybe if they had scrimmaged more he'd have known who was reliable and who wasn't.
Maybe I'm wrong here but it seems like you enjoy placing the blame on Pierce and prefer not to put much blame on the guy who is currently in charge.
Pierce was pretty dang good. Took over a worse team than this one and brought them to a regional. Does no good to blame him. He's gone.
msdos
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Maybe I'm wrong here but it seems like you enjoy placing the blame on Pierce and prefer not to put much blame on the guy who is currently in charge.
see also: football with CJ and basketball with Conroy

bare cupboard my ass. earn your $1,000,000+ paycheck
Show Me
Tsunami

Forever TU wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
I'm just frustrated at people who have written off this season. Did we start slow? Sure we did. I know it. He knows it. He's lamented it st every radio show that I've been to this year.

But I still blame Pierce's poor recruiting more than maybe some.

Everyone keeps talking about how we didn't scrimmage enough. Fact is thanks to Pierce we were left a bare cubbord bullpen wise.

Pierce wasn't the second coming. We set the school record for strikeouts for crying out loud.

I think if I had been undergoing my third head coach in 3 or 4 years I'd have struggled too.
Unfortunately that shows your lack of knowledge of the situation. Pierce didn't recruit because just like Jewett he came in late in the process. His first year was late so he got Jones recruits and his second year (his final one) he left so all his good recruits left with him. You can't blame him for lack of recruiting. That's due to coaching turnover. Jewett has zero recruits on this team as well.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Forever TU wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:

So if Pierce wasn't the second coming, what is Jewett? We're striking out more often under Jewett than we did with Pierce. At least with Pierce we were winning the ball games.