Wave SWEEPS Lswho 9-6

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Pepper
Swell

Ditto for me as well with Jewett. I hope we aren't saying what might have been at the end of the season.

"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:Has to be the strangest team in 2017. No doubt TU is a one of the top 64 teams in the nation, right now. The early struggles are perplexing, adjusting to the new coach I suppose and then the talent has kicked in. To beat so many top 50 teams is crazy, but I guess some may excuse that as a number of those wins were midweek tmk.

14 games remaining, lets say you can go 10-4, then you are at 31-25. Probably an rpi in the 50's. Get to the conference championship game and there is a real shot at a bid. Looking just at 2016, there are not many comps for a 31-25 team to get in, especially not from the SEC or ACC. Would 32-24 or better 33-23 do it, probably, with all the top 50 wins which the committee loves, but that is a tall task.

This team has the talent to get to a super regional. As if BC last year was any better. Just have to figure a way to sneak in. What a shame it is that we started so bad against bad teams.
I believe 32 wins would do the trick.There are no other past teams with regards to NCAA tourney bids to equate it too. Not one of them would have had such a turnaround and against such a tough schedule. At last check our SOS is #20.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
anEngineer
Riptide

I am so tired of hearing about how much better we would be if we had Andy Cannizaro, Matt Riser, Tanner Lee, Rich Rodriguez, Knute Rockne, etc. Why don't we dedicate a thread to people who are not currently at Tulane and the moaners can go there to lament what could have been and imagine all the National Championships we would have? Jewett has already relaxed some of the "strict" rules he had (like facial hair). Give the guy some credit for what they are now.
Wave755
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote:I am so tired of hearing about how much better we would be if we had Andy Cannizaro, Matt Riser, Tanner Lee, Rich Rodriguez, Knute Rockne, etc. Why don't we dedicate a thread to people who are not currently at Tulane and the moaners can go there to lament what could have been and imagine all the National Championships we would have? Jewett has already relaxed some of the "strict" rules he had (like facial hair). Give the guy some credit for what they are now.
Hey, you forgot to add not hiring Lindy Infante in 1979; and yes, I am still pissed off about it!

And, as for last night!

A One, A Two, A Helluva Hullabaloo
A Hullabaloo Ray Ray
A Hullabaloo Ray Ray
Hooray-Hooray Vars Vars Tee Ay
Tee Ay, Tee Ay Vars Vars Tee Ay
Tulane!
chain gang x man
Swell

Lost in the excitement of last nights victory was the fact that Jeremy Montalbano was in uniform
He was available to pinch hit although the situation never presented itself
So happy for him. Good kid
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the info.. Very happy to hear it. He must be pumped.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

this must have been painful for Lenny "Mr lsu" Van Gilder to post

http://sportsnola.com/tulane-makes-play ... s-top-lsu/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Houma de Wave
Swell

chain gang x man wrote:Lost in the excitement of last nights victory was the fact that Jeremy Montalbano was in uniform
He was available to pinch hit although the situation never presented itself
So happy for him. Good kid
This is great news.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:this must have been painful for Lenny "Mr lsu" Van Gilder to post

http://sportsnola.com/tulane-makes-play ... s-top-lsu/

It must have been for the former Tulane employee who went to work everyday at Tulane with and LSU license plate on his car. Of course he got a dig in at Graff when he said Dickman's homer went deep into the uptown night. Fuck him and the tiggers.
RobertM320
Green Wave

For RPI watchers, we're at #77 still tonight. Big series this weekend. But, San Diego has lost 3 straight (now 27-12), and its dropped them out of the Top 50. Probably effects our RPI a bit, but now we're 13-6 against Top 50 teams!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Ruski
Swell

Could LSU stop scheduling baseball?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote:Could LSU stop scheduling baseball?
Yeah, right! A perennially ranked team that competes regularly for a national title in a state where Baseball is the 2nd or 3rd most followed sport is going to shut down because they've lost 4 straight to a non-conference foe in games few outside of the state give 2 cents about.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I think what he's saying is could they stop scheduling us in baseball and many of us had that thought after this win. It's their MO. So good reason to think it. I don't think it will actually happen in this sport but I wouldn't be shocked if it did. If it did happen it would probably be a scenario where they say we can only put you on the schedule once and it has to be in BR. When we tell them to go fuck themselves they'll spin it that we backed out.
Wave755
Tsunami

They play every instate school in basketball but us? They say they refuse to play us in basketball because, "it might help our program." And, under Perry Clark, when this nonsense began, we were a lot better than they were.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It actually began under Danforth. The year after they stopped scheduling us they were forced to play us in the NIT and we beat them at their place. Fowler was then the coach.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote:I think what he's saying is could they stop scheduling us in baseball and many of us had that thought after this win. It's their MO. So good reason to think it. I don't think it will actually happen in this sport but I wouldn't be shocked if it did. If it did happen it would probably be a scenario where they say we can only put you on the schedule once and it has to be in BR. When we tell them to go f**k themselves they'll spin it that we backed out.
They have already put the squeeze on the other LA schools. Forcing most to play in Baton Rouge and ULL to play in Metairie. They still seem to agree to play UNO and Tulane. I would not be surprised if they at least reduced to TU to play one game a year and rotating between BR and NOLA.