Wave loses a tough one to ULL- 1-0

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Going for the season sweep so wear those shirts : :mrgreen:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 8cba4.html
Last edited by winwave on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Hoping for Ross to do well tonight. That first inning will set the stage.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No doubt. If he could give us 5 it would be great. Last night Jewett talked about maybe pulling Bjorngjeld early on Wed. in order to bring him back on Sunday. It will be interesting to see if Massey gets as off to a good start to see if they reconsider and pull him after say 60 pitches and let him come back on Sunday on 4 days rest.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Massey walks four straight to give up the lone run in the first. Jewett stuck w/him and it paid off w/a good 7 inning outing. He threw 88 pitches. Gillies faced 6 and got them all out. We stranded 14. Had the bases loaded and two out in the last three innings and couldn't scratch across any runs.
exflash
High Tide

As was posted on our Ragin Pagin---"Walking to New Orleans"----Can games get any uglier? Conference tourneys are both teams only post season hopes it looks like!!!
Bearwave
High Tide

exflash wrote:As was posted on our Ragin Pagin---"Walking to New Orleans"----Can games get any uglier? Conference tourneys are both teams only post season hopes it looks like!!!
Pretty accurate statement...at lease on Tulane's part. I know a lot of folks still think Tulane can get an at large bid but it's not going to happen unless you almost run the damned table. Bases loaded 3 consecutive innings and can't get one lousy runner in is really sad. The ULL pitchers were pretty good but if you want to be considered a good team you score on at least one of those situations. During the first inning I was thinking same ole Massey but he really pulled it together and pitched very well. We need him back badly if there is any shot at getting into the regionals.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
GreenLantern
Riptide

exflash wrote:Can games get any uglier?
Probably not. However, here are a few things that were markedly uglier:
  • The ULL uniforms.
  • The obnoxious behavior of a group of ULL fans along the first base line
  • ULL hitting.
At the end of the day, the scoreboard indicated the game's winner, so you had that to take home.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bearwave wrote:
exflash wrote:As was posted on our Ragin Pagin---"Walking to New Orleans"----Can games get any uglier? Conference tourneys are both teams only post season hopes it looks like!!!
Pretty accurate statement...at lease on Tulane's part. I know a lot of folks still think Tulane can get an at large bid but it's not going to happen unless you almost run the damned table. Bases loaded 3 consecutive innings and can't get one lousy runner in is really sad. The ULL pitchers were pretty good but if you want to be considered a good team you score on at least one of those situations. During the first inning I was thinking same ole Massey but he really pulled it together and pitched very well. We need him back badly if there is any shot at getting into the regionals.
to quote Jim Mora..."PLAYOFFS, u talkin' PLAYOFFS" ?!?!?!?.....only a conference tourney championship auto bid, get's this team in...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cajunfanatico
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:
exflash wrote:Can games get any uglier?
Probably not. However, here are a few things that were markedly uglier:
  • The ULL uniforms.
  • The obnoxious behavior of a group of ULL fans along the first base line
  • ULL hitting.
At the end of the day, the scoreboard indicated the game's winner, so you had that to take home.
I'm sure that was the Section A crowd down the first base line. A rowdy bunch to say the least.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I know it's an in-state rivalry, but I'm much happier with the in Conference come from behind win on Saturday and wouldn't trade that win, sweeping a UConn team that was barely outside the top 25 for a win vs. UL-L
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
chain gang x man
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Bearwave wrote:
to quote Jim Mora..."PLAYOFFS, u talkin' PLAYOFFS" ?!?!?!?.....only a conference tourney championship auto bid, get's this team in...
Article from Baseball America
Give WAVE a chance at large bid
https://twitter.com/fearthewaveblog/sta ... 6318907392