Wave wins the Cincy Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

More flight problems:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... e2a7e.html

Not as bad as when we went to Cali. Hopefully they learned from that experience.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:More flight problems:

Not as bad as when we went to Cali. Hopefully they learned from that experience.

here some advice...'Take the Bus, and leave the Driving to US' .....words to live by
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Don Rickles you a'int. :mrgreen:
Houma de Wave
Swell

51 degrees predicted at game time going down to 44 by 9 (EDT).
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave wins game one 16-8.
Houma de Wave
Swell

winwave wrote:Wave wins game one 16-8.
And the wind was blowing in? Tomorrow and Sunday, it will be blowing out. Hope and Kaplan went yard. Merrill (4-2) gets run support and the win again.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:Don Rickles you a'int. :mrgreen:
Thank Gawd... I am much taller, have all my hair and my wife tells me I am not as appearance impaired....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

But you don't have his bank account. :mrgreen:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:But you don't have his bank account. :mrgreen:

you may mean, he does not have mine !!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:

What good does his bank account do him now? As Ed Volker sings, "You can't take it with you when you go."
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

What good does his bank account do him now? As Ed Volker sings, "You can't take it with you when you go."
That's what I meant...he no longer has an account..
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Up 3-0 in the third. Spoon hit a bases clearing double with the bases loaded and two outs in the second.
Forever TU
Surge

Now 5-1 Wave B5 - Kobi Owen tacks on a 2 run knock
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave wins it 6-2. Series is ours. Now on to the sweep.
RobertM320
Green Wave

RPI up to #121 already after today's game. Something really bizarre? There's 20 (TWENTY) teams ahead of us in RPI that also have losing records, and another 4 with .500 records. The good news is, a lot of teams ahead of us like that are mid-majors that will now suffer because of their conference schedule. The more we win, the better off we'll be.

One of the odder ones? Middle Tennessee State, who is 14-16, including 3-7 in CUSA. They're at #108

And Houston Baptist, at #146 is 14-14 overall, but 4-0 vs Top 50 RPI teams. They beat Houston, and swept 3 from SELA.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:

here some advice...'Take the Bus, and leave the Driving to US' .....words to live by
Unfortunately with the change in air travel (from commercial to charter) it was decided that one player would not be allowed to join the team. I think it's petty on Tulane's part to have one of its senior leaders stay home even if he's unable to play.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

Unfortunately with the change in air travel (from commercial to charter) it was decided that one player would not be allowed to join the team. I think it's petty on Tulane's part to have one of its senior leaders stay home even if he's unable to play.
Commercial to charter, or charter to commercial? Can't see why they wouldn't let him go if it was charter. Its not like all the seats were filled.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
chain gang x man
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

Commercial to charter, or charter to commercial? Can't see why they wouldn't let him go if it was charter. Its not like all the seats were filled.
i wonder who made the decision not to let him go the coach or someone from above
DrBox
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

That's what I thought. You have to pay for each ticket on a commercial, so they pay for a commercial ticket for him, but won't let him take a seat on a charter? Maybe the charter was just full.
rollinggreen
High Tide

The Sunday disaster ball continues. Could get 10 run ruled today.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Looks like we're going to become 1-7 on Sundays. Bearcats lead 10-1 bottom of the 6th.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We won the series. Unfortunately human nature is such that it always makes it seem bad when you lose the Sunday game even though you won the series. Getting 10 run ruled also makes it worse. We play a Thursday to Saturday series against UCONN next weekend who is in first place. A lot for the team to look forward to.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:We won the series. Unfortunately human nature is such that it always makes it seem bad when you lose the Sunday game even though you won the series. Getting 10 run ruled also makes it worse. We play a Thursday to Saturday series against UCONN next weekend who is in first place. A lot for the team to look forward to.
These guys play worse on Sunday, than BYU !!!!!
Bearwave
High Tide

golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:We won the series. Unfortunately human nature is such that it always makes it seem bad when you lose the Sunday game even though you won the series. Getting 10 run ruled also makes it worse. We play a Thursday to Saturday series against UCONN next weekend who is in first place. A lot for the team to look forward to.
These guys play worse on Sunday, than BYU !!!!!

Typical under 25 group, won't work on Sunday!
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em