WBB WNIT run

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

No game time announced yet. Winner to play the winner of Ole Miss/Grambling State.

Texas-Arlington was 22-8 in the regular season.

http://www.womensnit.com/news/postseaso ... -announced

http://www.womensnit.com/uploads/2/0/0/ ... ublish.pdf

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bigschtick
Riptide

Good luck to the ladies!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
anEngineer
Riptide

As an aside, Auburn will face NC State in the first round of the NCAA; two teams that the ladies beat earlier this year. For whatever reason, they were never the same after the UConn game.
Forever TU
Surge

A few things:

1) The first 1000 tickets that are free are bleacher-only

2) If you are a WBB season ticket holder you can buy your regular seats. The chairbacks are $6
Wave QB
Swell

Wow! It looks like we will be taking on Grambling if we win.
Forever TU
Surge

Wave QB wrote:Wow! It looks like we will be taking on Grambling if we win.
We did indeed win 62-53

Morgan had 20 pts and Leslie neared a Double Double

We host Grambling at 4 PM Sunday
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

3 more wins to get Lisa her usual 20 wins.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

FWIW, the ladies defeated Grambling in the second game of the season, 79-56. Grambling is 19-14 on the year.
Last edited by RobertM320 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:3 more wins to get Lisa her usual 20 wins.
Three more wins gets her to the WNIT Final Four.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Coach Stockton gets 100% effort from her team. If our talent level was higher, I believe we would be a perennial contender.

Hats off to Ksenija M for the best game of her career. She played almost the entire 3rd and 4th quarter and totally baffled the big center from UTA.

Losing Leslie V will really weaken this team next year. I hope that there are some talented recruits to help fill the gap. It would be a grand and deserved send off for Leslie if we can go deep in the Tournament.

Let's fill this stadium on Sunday. Roll Wave!
DrBox
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote:Coach Stockton gets 100% effort from her team. If our talent level was higher, I believe we would be a perennial contender.
I agree...now let's get the talent higher like it used to be.

The Wave have an extremely favorable bracket in this tourney. But they still need to put the clamps down and up the recruiting
anEngineer
Riptide

Sloppy ball handling and the lack of an offensive threat in the post area really killed them in the last 8-9 games as teams just pressured the outside and limited the looks for Kolby and Leslie. The same thing happened in the first half last night as UTA played a lot of defensive pressure. Ksenija's defense in the second half put Tulane in a lot of transition situations where UTA couldn't set their defense and Tulane got some good opportunities. The problems still exist and it's going to take some really good defense for the girls to continue to move forward.
Show Me
Tsunami

If Dannen had a half a brain he'd move up the baseball game to noon.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:If Dannen had a half a brain he'd move up the baseball game to noon.
AND he'd offer two for ones for anyone with a baseball ticket. Let's do anything possible to fill the building.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:If Dannen had a half a brain he'd move up the baseball game to noon.
AND he'd offer two for ones for anyone with a baseball ticket. Let's do anything possible to fill the building.
Actually he did do do the ticket thing. Stockton and the team were at the game yesterday greeting fans at the gate and telling them of the ticket special. Morgan threw out the first pitch and the girls sat prominently in the stands behind home plate for the game. The game was promoted throughout the game. Tulane did miss ont eh time change the same way they missed on Senior day for the men's team.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

If you have season tickets to baseball and opt out for the women's basketball game, be sure and bring your ticket for free popcorn. I think you get a free ticket to the game also, but those are probably bleacher seats. For only $7, you can buy a great ticket. Splurge and live a little. Roll Wave!

P.S. My wife and I will be celebrating our 41st wedding anniversary at the game. Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Congrats! Hopefully the Ladies make it an enjoyable one.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

winwave wrote:Congrats! Hopefully the Ladies make it an enjoyable one.
Thanks. This morning I was sitting in a dark kitchen with my head buried in my hands, sobbing when my wife entered the room.

She looked at me, smiled, and said "darling, that's so sweet... I didn't know that you were so sentimental about our anniversary."

To which I replied "no....it's not that." I went on: "Do you remember when your father caught us making out in the back of the car and he threatened to send me to jail for over 40 years if I didn't marry you at once? ....well, I would have been released from jail today."

It's a good story... not true, but funny. Please don't tell my wife. Don't think her sense of humor has those kind of limits.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:
Thanks. This morning I was sitting in a dark kitchen with my head buried in my hands, sobbing when my wife entered the room.

She looked at me, smiled, and said "darling, that's so sweet... I didn't know that you were so sentimental about our anniversary."

To which I replied "no....it's not that." I went on: "Do you remember when your father caught us making out in the back of the car and he threatened to send me to jail for over 40 years if I didn't marry you at once? ....well, I would have been released from jail today."

It's a good story... not true, but funny. Please don't tell my wife. Don't think her sense of humor has those kind of limits.
Congrats to you and Mrs. GL. Enjoy the game and ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:

LOL. Well at this point you have one win in the bag. Hopefully you get two.
RobertM320
Green Wave

WBB makes short work of Grambling, with a 66-49 victory, making it to the round of 16. Next up, a trip to Tuscaloosa to play Alabama on Thursday at 7pm.

Winner of that would play the winner of Middle Tennessee/Georgia Tech. Tech just eliminated UCF today.
Wave QB
Swell

Nice job on Grambling today. Our ladies played big vs a small team once again. Anytime they got something going, we knocked down a 3 or powered the ball to the rack for an easy 2 to kill their momentum. The bracket really favors us this year. I think we can make it to the finals.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Saw little Joe waving the Tulane flag at the game on Fox sports locally last night. How's his recovery coming?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Saw little Joe waving the Tulane flag at the game on Fox sports locally last night. How's his recovery coming?
Joe's recovery is coming along pretty well. He's walking without aid. I believe he's still doing therapy but continues to improve. Thanks for asking.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Great news.