WBB loses to UCF in AAC tourney

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

WBB finishes with a 16-14 record, losing to UCF 61-57. Tulane led for all but 90 seconds of the first 38.5 minutes, but as we've seen way to often at Tulane, they can't finish the game. They made at least 25 turnovers. In fact, halftime was 20-20 and 16 of UCF's points came from 14 Wave turnovers.

Just seems that the women have the same problem the men do, they really don't value the basketball. UCF pressures the entire game, so you have to be more focused, and we had lots of lazy passes that were picked off.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:WBB finishes with a 16-14 record, losing to UCF 61-57. Tulane led for all but 90 seconds of the first 38.5 minutes, but as we've seen way to often at Tulane, they can't finish the game. They made at least 25 turnovers. In fact, halftime was 20-20 and 16 of UCF's points came from 14 Wave turnovers.

Just seems that the women have the same problem the men do, they really don't value the basketball. UCF pressures the entire game, so you have to be more focused, and we had lots of lazy passes that were picked off.
Time for a multi - multi- multi year contract extension !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DrBox
Riptide

Since Stockton already received a contract extension (which is the most questionable move Dannen has made), she needs to make some major changes in recruiting. This year, we recruited the usual batch of small guards...I'm sure they can shoot and they are low maintenance. That needs to change.
Show Me
Tsunami

DrBox wrote:Since Stockton already received a contract extension (which is the most questionable move Dannen has made), she needs to make some major changes in recruiting. This year, we recruited the usual batch of small guards...I'm sure they can shoot and they are low maintenance. That needs to change.
Beaten by a first year coach that took over a 4 win team.
JerseyWave
Riptide

It's time to shake up this program. A very disappointing season where the highlight was a last shot loss to UConn.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
DrBox wrote:Since Stockton already received a contract extension (which is the most questionable move Dannen has made), she needs to make some major changes in recruiting. This year, we recruited the usual batch of small guards...I'm sure they can shoot and they are low maintenance. That needs to change.
Hired by their new AD Danny White. Kevin's son.
Pretty impressive 20 wins in her first season.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Not sure if we were out coached but White sure did hire a quality coach.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Not sure if we were out coached but White sure did hire a quality coach.
I watched the game and it's hard to figure out what's our problem. We haven't played well outside of UCONN most of the second half of the season. WNIT with a 16-14 record could be tough.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

If it was up to me Coach Stockton would be given the chance to make the NCAA tournament next year and if not, would be kicked upstairs. She gets a pass because the rest of the athletic department stinks but if you're not going to postseason who cares where you finish in the standings?
wavemania
Surge

the problem was not giving Vorpahl a breather, for one. Abd whoever is in charge of breaking the press, needs to go back to basic basketball 101. You don't wait for the press to come to you in the corners when ypu cross half court . This happened way too many times. Morgan was hot shooting, but she had some lazy passes that got picked off. I hope Lisa can get this ship sailing again, because I don't think Dannen has made a proven hire yet- other than Barnes
winwave
Top of the WAVE

She needs to look at bringing Barbara Farris onto the staff. She's doing a great job at Curtis.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.