UCSB Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bearwave
High Tide

chain gang x man wrote:
Mandeville Wave wrote:Dannen screwed this hire up. The players are miserable under Jewett. This is just so frustrating as Dannen clearly passed on the obvious hire b/c of his ego. I like many of you was extremely impressed with Dannen at first. Now it's become apparent he's just a bunch of hot air. All glitz and glammer no substance.
Dannen is not a baseball guy
Well based on how the other new coaches are doing I would guess Dannen is a volleyball guy. The way he treated all of the athletic employees when he came in speaks volumes about him.

Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
Wave755
Tsunami

Game 2: After 2 innings UCSB 7, Wave 0.
Sad, truly sad. :shakingno:
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

Something is very wrong with this team.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Mandeville Wave wrote:Something is very wrong with this team.

I agree.

I also agree that if Dannen cleaned house when he came in, it was BADLY needed. Our athletic dept had a stench that will take years to get rid of.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Vlvwave
Ripple

It's a disgrace. AD couldn't care less about baseball. Has even less respect for the tradition of this baseball program. It started with the wrong hire and moreso the way Andy and Matt were treated in the interview process. Now is evident by the traveling fiasco out to Santa Barbara.

With the talent and seniors returning on this team, hard to think anyone could mess it up this badly. But Jewett started losing them in the fall and it has only gotten worse. Six games in and no one wants to play for him. Power points on handshakes, airport protocol, hotel protocol...national anthem practice...petty rules...forced rah rah bullshit from the dugout...these things don't win ball games. Jones and Pierce did none of this and their teams were always first class and respected the University well...and WON! No respect for upperclassmen who have earned the right to not have to clean garbage cans in the clubhouse.

This thing is going to get out of hand quickly. More things are going to become public and then maybe Dannen and Jewett will have to start giving answers.
51WaveBG
High Tide

It will be interesting to see how the next year or 2 play out in the 3 major men's sports. All the new coaches have long term
contracts, we are in a league that is over the head of the athletes we can recruit and there are not enough TU fans left to even half fill Yulman, Devlin or Truchin. The SC/RD downward spiral may get TU athletics yet because the fan base will be nonexistent in a couple more years. Dannen's honeymoon period is over and now reality sets in. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Show Me
Tsunami

Important stuff. Did we win the anthem?
If we did we're 6-0.
Wave755
Tsunami

Final Game 2: UCSB 14, Wave 1

I cannot recall such a terrible start for baseball?
Truly pathetic, and even more so since this team has talent.:afraid:
Show Me
Tsunami

Tulane baseball now destroyed.
rollinggreen
High Tide

What a piece of shit situation Tulane Athletics is! That's ok, not a dime from me!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

S C's plan is actually working !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

RollWaveRoll wrote:What i am surprised at is no one has really mentioned Troy Dannen and baseball until this thread. We usually have 2 major non conference away series which helps our RPI drastically.....this year we only have 1 (UCSB) which is major problem and have like a record amount of homes games. If it was up to him i think we'd play all of our games at home since they don't cost us money.

Also heard at opening weekend Dannen did not show to the baseball banquet, and this team has not received there conference championship rings from last year. ECU was honored at halftime of there biggest football game with rings etc which is how most programs do it for conference champions.

If football would've won a conference championship last year, Dannen would've thrown a parade. He gives zero respect to baseball.

Remember a couple of months back when D1Baseball Kendall Rogers tweeted about bad AD at tulane and baseball.....now we know why. Kendall Rogers tweeted - "Rick Jones should be celebrated at Tulane, without a doubt. Joke otherwise … but nothing surprises me with the current admin at TU."

This is all hear say and I may be completely wrong because i'm no where near the fire, but this is what is going around the stands and alumni.
Sadly rings were given in the locker room this past weekend with no recognition. I'm guessing it's Dannen's way of keeping the bar low for Jewitt. Not blaming Jewitt it's not his deal.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:What i am surprised at is no one has really mentioned Troy Dannen and baseball until this thread. We usually have 2 major non conference away series which helps our RPI drastically.....this year we only have 1 (UCSB) which is major problem and have like a record amount of homes games. If it was up to him i think we'd play all of our games at home since they don't cost us money.

Also heard at opening weekend Dannen did not show to the baseball banquet, and this team has not received there conference championship rings from last year. ECU was honored at halftime of there biggest football game with rings etc which is how most programs do it for conference champions.

If football would've won a conference championship last year, Dannen would've thrown a parade. He gives zero respect to baseball.

Remember a couple of months back when D1Baseball Kendall Rogers tweeted about bad AD at tulane and baseball.....now we know why. Kendall Rogers tweeted - "Rick Jones should be celebrated at Tulane, without a doubt. Joke otherwise … but nothing surprises me with the current admin at TU."

This is all hear say and I may be completely wrong because i'm no where near the fire, but this is what is going around the stands and alumni.
Sadly rings were given in the locker room this past weekend with no recognition. I'm guessing it's Dannen's way of keeping the bar low for Jewitt. Not blaming Jewitt it's not his deal.
Rings for what ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TURVS71
Swell

Yeah, yeah, I know it's early, but we are playing ourselves into a hole and out of a regional....Don't see promise at this time ...very disappointed.....perhaps Pierce saw the handwriting on the wall and was blessed with the Texas job opening. He jumped off of the Titanic and on to the Queen Mary....
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Show Me
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:

Rings for what ?
AAC conference champions. First time Tulane won in the new conference. Outside of baseball Tulane hasn't won anything besides Bowden in 1998.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote:Final Game 2: UCSB 14, Wave 1

I cannot recall such a terrible start for baseball?
Truly pathetic, and even more so since this team has talent.:afraid:
Wow, i mean really, wow. Speechless.

Is this coach the baseball version of CJ, career assistant for a reason?

I will say it again, the few fans need some answers from TD.
arkhou02
High Tide

Team meeting tonight and the kids are searching for answers. Feel bad for the seniors because Jewett doesn't have a clue. To much talk and not enough coaching. Assistants do not appear to be able to do their jobs because they answer to Jewett. Worst coaches team I have seen. Country and Jeremy have spoken up and were ignored. There is no direction. You need to be coached and want to play for your coach and both are missing. Just a miserable scenario unfolding. The kids, especially the seniors, have to rally and play for themselves to right this ship because there is no leader at the top.

This is the only team I have ever seen that barely scrimmaged heading into a season. They should be scrimmaging almost every day. Baseball is all about repetition. Just mind blowing what is going on and it is no secret to anyone
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:

Rings for what ?
AAC conference champions. First time Tulane won in the new conference. Outside of baseball Tulane hasn't won anything besides Bowden in 1998.
You mean to tell me their Championship Rings were given to them in the locker room and not part of a pre game ceremony ?!?!?...That is terrible, and someone needs to be held accountable !!!!
Bearwave
High Tide

I think the love fest for Dannen is ending. This guy is a real jerk, at least Dickson went to games and would have made sure the team had proper recognition for their championship.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
chain gang x man
Swell

chain gang x man wrote:
Show Me wrote:
arkhou02 wrote:This past week the team was suppose to practice Wednesday. Two hours was spent on a power point about how to act in the airport, the hotel, and the opposing field. We didn't practice Thursday because of flight issues. In effect, we practiced very little and did not hit live pitching. Come on, this is D1 baseball, not junior varsity.
When you avg over 10 strikeouts a game you should be spending all the time allowed hitting live pitching. This is insane.
Baseball 101: "Fix what's broke not what works".
I guess Jewitt going to need three years to get his type of player in here.
Although the HC is ultimately responsible for everything, Coach Jones has to be held responsible also he is the "hitting" coach
What has he done to help these guys recognize the pitches.
Let's spend less time on power point and more time analyzing their swing and seeing live pitching
We have the best batting practice hitters
They get use to the speed of the machine in the hack shack and know when the curve is coming
One of the alum told me he was the best machine hitter but had difficulty bringing it to live pitching
Use more live pitching and stop concentrating on the mundane stuff
chain gang x man
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:

Rings for what ?
You mean to tell me their Championship Rings were given to them in the locker room and not part of a pre game ceremony ?!?!?...That is terrible, and someone needs to be held accountable !!!!
The team and returning team members from last years team agreed to take their rings in the locker room
Many of last years players were in attendance for opening night but the rain gods did not co-operate
Since most came from out of town and could not return they elected to take the rings in the locker room
No excuse but it happened
The athletic department could have sent notice in advance that the team was going to be honored before the game and they would receive their rings, but getting information is another story
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

TD is a complete a$$ hole! His ego is in the same ballpark as SC. I know Tulane baseball alums that are just as fired up today about AC not getting the job as they were Jewett was offered. Jewett is clueless and this is on TD 110%. Disgusting!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

on a side note...UConn vs UT@ Austin....the UConn Pitcher strikes out 13...and wins 2 -1
winwave
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:

Rings for what ?
The team and returning team members from last years team agreed to take their rings in the locker room
Many of last years players were in attendance for opening night but the rain gods did not co-operate
Since most came from out of town and could not return they elected to take the rings in the locker room
The athletic department could have sent notice in advance that the team was going to be honored before the game and they would receive their rings, but getting information is another story
Thanks for clearing that up. They still could have done a ceremony on the field on Saturday or at least made an announcement acknowledging the accomplishment.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
chain gang x man
Swell

winwave wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Show Me wrote:

Rings for what ?
Thanks for clearing that up. They still could have done a ceremony on the field on Saturday or at least made an announcement acknowledging the accomplishment.
Agreed